how to wear your chanel jacket...

Yes I would love a lighter black one at some point :smile: I’ve been wearing the Sophia quite often when it’s not so warm :smile:

I thought the white one was stunning. I saw it on another customer and it was just beautiful. Luckily I didn’t like it on me so much. I really loved the other one in ecru. But I can’t wait for y’all to get to see the white jacket try and get it ! The suit is really beautiful !!!

Reactions: TankerToad
There are a lot of photos of celebs in RTW on the celebs and Chanel thread. I won't spam this thread, but I particularly like this photo of Christina Ricci wearing the jacket several of you have almost in the style of a dress, which is a style that I personally love. It also shows the true beautiful color variation of the jacket better than most photos.
IMG_1508705943.008772.jpg

There are a lot of photos of celebs in RTW on the celebs and Chanel thread. I won't spam this thread, but I particularly like this photo of Christina Ricci wearing the jacket several of you have almost in the style of a dress, which is a style that I personally love. It also shows the true beautiful color variation of the jacket better than most photos.
View attachment 3859636

Oh! Thank you for sharing. This is nice.

Reactions: nicole0612
View attachment 3859636
She wore this so well and it fit her. They surely tailored it for her since she is so tiny

After tea I went to NM to return something and of course stopped into the Chanel boutique to see if they had anything new. There were a few new things, but there was also this black jacket. It's on sale for $2250. It's one size too small, I think - it would have to be let out in the bust and also on the sides so it skims my hips better. I think I might remove the velcro on the front, but leave it on the sleeves, although I folded the velcro in half in the one pic and I don't think that looks too bad. What do you all think?
20171022_150313 (372x640).jpg 20171022_150355 (342x640).jpg 20171022_150519 (470x640).jpg

Reactions: thyme
Hi! I promised PocketbookPup and Nicole that I would post a photo once I finally wore my robot jacket. :smile: It's my very first Chanel jacket and I'm so happy I decided to get it. I wore it today to tea with some tPF friends. It's really comfortable.
View attachment 3859759

Wow, this color looks fantastic on you! It really brings out your lovely complexion. I think you were really smart to choose this one over the black version.

After tea I went to NM to return something and of course stopped into the Chanel boutique to see if they had anything new. There were a few new things, but there was also this black jacket. It's on sale for $2250. It's one size too small, I think - it would have to be let out in the bust and also on the sides so it skims my hips better. I think I might remove the velcro on the front, but leave it on the sleeves, although I folded the velcro in half in the one pic and I don't think that looks too bad. What do you all think?
View attachment 3859766 View attachment 3859767 View attachment 3859768

I also saw these. Love them both, especially the jacket - it's gorgeous! The cuffs and collar are removable. :loveeyes:
View attachment 3859775 View attachment 3859776

Thanks for sharing the photos! Well, I just got done saying that I think the cream/white color flatters your coloring more. Black is always a wardrobe basic, so you would always have a chance to wear it, but why not budget your chanel dollars for items that really elevate your look? You are so pretty that I think you could do better than the Velcro, it doesn't make your skin look as luminous as the lighter color does. The black jacket with the white collar and pearls would probably look sensational on you.

Thanks for sharing the photos! Well, I just got done saying that I think the cream/white color flatters your coloring more. Black is always a wardrobe basic, so you would always have a chance to wear it, but why not budget your chanel dollars for items that really elevate your look? You are so pretty that I think you could do better than the Velcro, it doesn't make your skin look as luminous as the lighter color does. The black jacket with the white collar and pearls would probably look sensational on you.
You are so sweet! I will keep this in mind when wearing black in the future - probably best to break it up with a light colored scarf or some such more often than not. :smile: I definitely see your point, but sometimes the lure of a sale is hard to resist lol. And, actually, the jacket with the pearls is navy! It is very hard to see in the photo, definitely looks black. sigh - it's gorgeous, but it's also $6650. I think I could get away with wearing it to work without the collar...

You are so sweet! I will keep this in mind when wearing black in the future - probably best to break it up with a light colored scarf or some such more often than not. :smile: I definitely see your point, but sometimes the lure of a sale is hard to resist lol. And, actually, the jacket with the pearls is navy! It is very hard to see in the photo, definitely looks black. sigh - it's gorgeous, but it's also $6650. I think I could get away with wearing it to work without the collar...

How interesting! I like the pearl jacket even more now that I know it is navy. As far as the black jacket goes, if it is really calling you, you could always try it with a light blouse (or scarf), as you suggested.

Reactions: klynneann
How interesting! I like the pearl jacket even more now that I know it is navy. As far as the black jacket goes, if it is really calling you, you could always try it with a light blouse (or scarf), as you suggested.
Hm, that's an idea. It's lightweight, which would be good to have as everyone has been saying. But I will definitely think about what you said - it may be best to save for something I'm head over heels about instead.

View attachment 3859636

Love this !
Inspiring to me--
The whole look - perfection
Once it cools off I'm all in for this look !