how to wear your chanel jacket...

The price for the jacket is pretty much on par for the market price. The reason being I checked with the veste on Instagram as I have this jacket and was looking to sell. You can double check by doing some research abt the condition of the jacket affecting the price a bit but it seems on par with US prices. The veste had it listed for more than you bought it for but I’m unsure of the condition. Good luck with your decision!

The price for the jacket is pretty much on par for the market price. The reason being I checked with the veste on Instagram as I have this jacket and was looking to sell. You can double check by doing some research abt the condition of the jacket affecting the price a bit but it seems on par with US prices. The veste had it listed for more than you bought it for but I’m unsure of the condition. Good luck with your decision!
Thank you so much for the intel, very helpful! :flowers: That’s what I thought as well based on the few sold ones I found. This condition may prob warrant a lower price.

I went to my local Chanel boutique today and asked them if they could track down buttons, and they said yes in general, but of course couldn’t confirm whether they’ll be available for this particular model…

At the end of the day, I still feel a bit let down that these flaws were not mentioned, so probably a flag to walk away, as others have suggested. Appreciate all the help!

Reactions: newcalimommy
I recently read this entire thread - yay, I feel like I graduated the Chanel Masterclass. Now, to put it into practice. Here's what happened...
I found a never-worn, 07 lbj but hesitated due to the price. Then found one of the Brasserie lbj at a lower price, so I got that as a "runner up". Then decided to go with my heart and get the original new/07 jacket and planned to return the Brasserie. Only now, I think I love them both - anyone relate? Advice? Thoughts? Supporting/enabling is welcome, or criticism, I can appreciate it from the stylish and expert crowd here.

I know there's another thread on rtw, but since I am talking about older jackets, I thought I was supposed to stay here, lmk if I am mistaken.

Some pics, totally taken on a whim and not the perfect outfit but just to get the imagination going. Both just arrived and I was excited. The jackets might need a minor alteration but I think they are very close to being a good fit. Thank you for reading and letting me share! :flowers::hbeat:

IMG_1095.jpgbutton2.jpgIMG_1094.jpgbutton .jpgIMG_1101b.jpgIMG_1106.jpgIMG_1110.jpgIMG_1108.jpg

I recently read this entire thread - yay, I feel like I graduated the Chanel Masterclass. Now, to put it into practice. Here's what happened...
I found a never-worn, 07 lbj but hesitated due to the price. Then found one of the Brasserie lbj at a lower price, so I got that as a "runner up". Then decided to go with my heart and get the original new/07 jacket and planned to return the Brasserie. Only now, I think I love them both - anyone relate? Advice? Thoughts? Supporting/enabling is welcome, or criticism, I can appreciate it from the stylish and expert crowd here
Congratulations on your jacket finds! I love both of these on you. Is it possible to keep both? The fabrics are quite different, one more highly textured, with fringe and CC buttons - the other more subtle. Why don't you play around styling other looks? Will you wear one more often? or with a more casual ensemble? I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

I found a never-worn, 07 lbj but hesitated due to the price. Then found one of the Brasserie lbj at a lower price, so I got that as a "runner up". Then decided to go with my heart and get the original new/07 jacket and planned to return the Brasserie. Only now, I think I love them both - anyone relate? Advice? Thoughts? Supporting/enabling is welcome, or criticism, I can appreciate it from the stylish and expert crowd here.

I know there's another thread on rtw, but since I am talking about older jackets, I thought I was supposed to stay here, lmk if I am mistaken.

Some pics, totally taken on a whim and not the perfect outfit but just to get the imagination going. Both just arrived and I was excited. The jackets might need a minor alteration but I think they are very close to being a good fit. Thank you for reading and letting me share! :flowers::hbeat:

View attachment 5687739View attachment 5687740View attachment 5687741View attachment 5687742View attachment 5687743View attachment 5687744View attachment 5687745View attachment 5687746
They are both gorgeous and I think you will get a ton of use out of both of them! Please keep both.

View attachment 5687739View attachment 5687740View attachment 5687741View attachment 5687742View attachment 5687743View attachment 5687744View attachment 5687745View attachment 5687746
Congratulations on your beautiful jackets! I think they fit perfectly on you. I don’t see the need of alternations. Also they are different, so if you can keep them both. You look great! Try them with cream wide leg pants, jeans, dresses, slim fit pants.. and post pictures !

Congratulations on your jacket finds! I love both of these on you. Is it possible to keep both? The fabrics are quite different, one more highly textured, with fringe and CC buttons - the other more subtle. Why don't you play around styling other looks? Will you wear one more often? or with a more casual ensemble? I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

I love the one with the fringe!

They are both gorgeous and I think you will get a ton of use out of both of them! Please keep both.

Congratulations on your beautiful jackets! I think they fit perfectly on you. I don’t see the need of alternations. Also they are different, so if you can keep them both. You look great! Try them with cream wide leg pants, jeans, dresses, slim fit pants.. and post pictures !

Thank you all for your thoughtful replies and ideas! My takeaway lessons learned: 1. We can have more than one (or 2, 3, 4,) lbj, as they all have a purpose and uniqueness! and 2. Play around with a range of ensembles.

You all have a very keen eye for noticing the fabrics/differences!! The never-worn black/white braid trim is not returnable, the camellia button Brasserie is returnable. I planned to return it until I tried it on :smile: it is in near perfect condition and a special piece (aren't they all!).

As suggested (thank you @ari and @CoastalCouture) I pulled out cream pants, denim, and also a white skirt, black structured satin-like shorts (with tights), even leather pants - so I have some fun to look forward to!

I think I will keep and love them both! Thank you for helping me realize it is not a crazy thing - It's a Chanel thing! :love: