How To Sell on Ebay: TIPS

The stores have recieved new shipments so the sales are down on them on eBay. If you have 3 days left, that's normal. You won't see activity until the last day and possibly even the last few hours.

Thanks this information is great for someone like myself who after doing some buying on ebay is interested in selling some items. I've been reading this forum and the ebay discussion board- looking for tips. I have few questions that I hope someone here can help me with- I hope this it the proper place to ask them. Since I've never sold anything and have a wide range of items I'd like to sell, from disney pins, clothing to louis vuitton bags I don't seem to use anymore. Am I better off listing the less expensive items first or listing a mix of items each week ? Also I know the LV bags are authentic but I didn't save receipts :sad:, should I have them authenticated by one of the services I've seen listed ie- my poupette or I've seen listing where a link to this forum or mypoupette.com is listed as a way to check on the authenticity of an item. Do you need to ask permission before putting the name this forum in an ebay listing. Sorry for all the questions - I really appreciate any help/advice you can give me. Thanks

^ You may want to mix your items by cost, because ebay is limiting the amount of high end auctions you can list in a week. Make sure you provide lots of hardware photos and clear closeups...

I also agree that it is smart use your auction heading wisely. Don't waste it using rarely searched words. You want to make sure the most people pull up your listing as possible when they search.

Photo hosting sites are great for photos. Some of these sites even provide html codes to put directly into your ebay listing so you don't have to pay ebay to host your photos. For example, photobucket, webshots, and snapfish all host photos for free.

thithi- thanks for the tips I signed up for photo bucket and have been practicing taking pictures of the LV bags I'm thinking of selling- from what I've read/seen it's important to list and take photos of the "made in ___" stamp, date code(these are hard to find), stitching, all sides of the bag including the bottom. Would anyone know if there is a place here for someone to look at the photos and give suggestions - I also want to take pictures for the LV collection threads- there are some pretty amazing photos there Thanks again for the help

These tips are super helpful. I've been wanting to sell some items on Ebay but have always been too scared by all the horror stories. If I get up my courage, I'll refer back to this thread for all the great ideas. Thanks everybody.

Put handbags in boxes. Never, ever in tyvek bags. Use an appropriate size box. Never smash your bag to fit into a packing box!

Use a seller mark.

I think caps are ok in lists, I use mine in item details, headers, etc but don't use caps in a paragraph.

My bag collection is totally out of control and in order to defray the cost (and the guilt) over the new Paddington I had to have today I think I want to sell a few bags that I "had to have" but never really used more than a couple times. I have sold other items in the past (no bags) and am kind of puzzled as to what technique gets the best result. I know a lower starting price gets more bids, but I don't want to take less than a certain amount and I thought that I should maybe set the buy it now price as what my reserve price will be. What do you guys think works best. I don't want to make money, I just want to be fair.
April