How to go from 50+ to looking 20+ with plastic surgery rejuvenation.

^ Can you get a breast lift without implants?
I suppose that is possible if happy reducing one's cup size. As the surgeon removed almost all of my breast tissue when the banned trilucent soya implant ruptured and herniated up to my clavicle from my chest, I would be an A cup without help. Sigh. Would be wonderful to be implant free.

Will he? Won't he? I have no idea if Amir will accept me for lower FL at Thursday's consultation. Today I pigged out at a half board hotel on holiday and my fg has filled out my lower face.

Hey Miss O, that beach in Portugal looks better than where I am sunbathing right now!

And don't feel too much regret for choosing Amir over Dr Oh, as you will see here....

I have to re-post this on my main account because the last thread was removed. Sigh.

I'm writing this post with a heavy heart- I honestly have nobody at home to talk to about these issues.

I've actually been a member of this forum for a while now - but I decided to make a new account to tell this story. Why? Quite frankly, I'm embarrassed and traumatized by the entire situation.

A while back I received v-line surgery from Doctor Oh. My consultation was maybe 10 minutes at the most - surgery happened immediately after.

This was definitely my mistake. Any doctor that decides he's learned enough about a patient after 10 minutes is clearly not performing surgery to make people happy. You can't learn ANYTHING from observing somebody's face for 10 minutes.

I just wanted a mini v-line (chin correction). I told him this during consultation. I didn't need a mandible reduction. He recommended a full v-line saying that I'd look "weird" without it. I listened. I only listened because I thought he'd know best.

-I allowed him to convince me to do a mandible angle reduction - something I didn't need. I had a naturally slender/gently curved face.
- He also slid my chin forward a few mm. Something else I didn't need as my chin was chunky and poked out of my face weirdly to begin with.
-And why was the height of my chin reduced? My nose to chin-tip ratio was perfect. Now I have a short lower-face.

Thinking back, he pretty much did the exact opposite of everything I needed done. I shouldn't have touched my jawline. I should've had my chin pushed back or given a width reduction. This would have given me a v-shape easily. But... He literally did the opposite.

And boy, does it show.

My chin is not a delicate point at all - It is way larger. My jawline is clearly over-resected. The angle from my ear to my chin is a a weird and unnatural slope - My lower face is short and odd looking. I mean- He literally cut right to the bottom of my teeth. I'm not even considering the exposed salvitory glands, TMJ symptoms, and intense numbness I've been feeling in my mouth months after surgery. And did I mention that my jaw angle cuts don't match? There's a piece under my right ear thats missing (but is still in place on my left.)

I've approached Regen several times for help - inquiring about jaw implants and a possible reverse-genioplasty or sub mental approach to reduce the chin to the v shape I wanted. They won't tell me whether or not it's possible. They want me to wait 6 months but we all know that an over-resected jaw doesn't come back in 6 months. Genioplasty doesn't reverse itself in 6 months. And yes- Swelling is down enough to show me a a general idea of the final result. It's been well over 3 months now.

Obviously, I'm intensely depressed. My only hope at this point is attempting jaw angle implants elsewhere, but even the US surgeons (like Doctor Eppley) have lawsuits pending against them.

There honestly needs to be more done to protect patients. We are not cattle.

I can't believe what has happened. Was it just poor planning? The fact that they wanted a bit more money out of me? Did Doctor Oh even perform my surgery?

I've uploaded pictures of what my chin currently looks like. I also have a before/after of my side profile. (I'm in my hospital gown in the before. The after has my exposed salivary glands circled.) There is also a picture of the chin I wanted (typical of v-line surgery) compared to the chin I received. Black circle indicates a soft/round chin, red circle indicates the square chin I currently have.

I should mention that in due time, after I've revised this work with another hosptial, that I plan on talking about this more in depth and providing pictures/video on Youtube. It'll take some time as I am not mentally ready to talk about what happened with strangers- But I'm passionate about filmmaking and I think I want to eventually speak on this publicly as a warning to other potential patients coming to Korea.

Update - Since I've come forward about my experience at Regen, I've had two other people come forward about blatantly botched jobs there.

I've also contacted Regen again, pushing for a solution since I'm incredibly satisfied with the work they've done. I'm still being told to fix my issues with botox, but that simply won't do if the bone work (the foundation of my face) was done so poorly.

At this point, I'm still on the hunt for a maxillofacial doctor skilled in custom verticle lengthening implants to restore my jawline. They would also need to be capable of reversing the 4mm projection Regen gave me and contouring the chin to the shape I initially wanted (soft and round rather than square/flat/blunt on the bottom.)

Reactions: MissOrange
Thanks @MOTTY26. Yes I shall share my experience of the consultation and absolutely will go as I have prepaid the £150 consultation fee and bought my train tickets. With free consultations in korea one can book several to compare but here in the uk it is £150-£250 per consultation so one often has to do one's research first and then pick the surgeon before meeting them.

Did the ultherapy not work for you, @MissOrange ?

I suppose that is possible if happy reducing one's cup size. As the surgeon removed almost all of my breast tissue when the banned trilucent soya implant ruptured and herniated up to my clavicle from my chest, I would be an A cup without help. Sigh. Would be wonderful to be implant free.

You don't like having implants?

Did the ultherapy not work for you, @MissOrange ?
Hi @chpwhy I think ultherapy is a temporary procedure like threadlift. I keep pulling up my skin in front of my ears to see what a lower FL would look like and like what I see. I need to ask Amir if he just sutures the smas layer ie like a threadlift which can last as little as 6 months or if he excises, trims and sutures the smas layer which is the traditional smas procedure and more permanent. I would be gutted to pay £6900 for a procedure that only lasted 6 months. Already have a pf friend say one of her threads have come loose as one side of her face has dropped in less than 6 months bur this was done by another surgeon.

You don't like having implants?
Hi @arnott, I have had 3 banned EU approved implants (trilucent, hydrogel, PIP) that have all failed (leaked or ruptured) and cost me time, money, grief and extra surgeries to fix. All 3 failed US fda inspection but this was not told me by my surgeon. I just trusted the surgeon when I said no silicone please and he picked these non silicone implants. Why I was never offered saline implants almost 20 years ago I do not know. Not like having implants is an understatement. I am on my only us fda approved ones...allergan silicone teardrops. Lesson learned the hard way...check that the surgeon is inserting us fda approved ones only! Ideally no implant but with all the complications I literally have implants and skin left so little breast tissue for no implants. Sigh. I fell for all the media and advertising hype on the 3 banned implants which were not banned when they were inserted in me but banned after for causing cancer in rats, high rate of leakage and rupture and lastly pip was banned for filled with toxic industrial mattress fillers. I dread to think of the consequences if this silicon implant leaks or ruptures as I have read all the horror stories of lymphatics carrying silicon throughout the body.

Logically it would seem long-standing saline implants may be the safest. Saline implants have been around for decades and used in tissue expansion and if it leaks it is just saline water. Hmm. Maybe I should try this in my 60s. These allergan ones were put in in 2012 and implants last 10 years not 20 as told by surgeons so I am looking at 2022.

Last edited:
  • Insightful
Reactions: account
Hey Miss O, that beach in Portugal looks better than where I am sunbathing right now!

And don't feel too much regret for choosing Amir over Dr Oh, as you will see here....
Hi @missy_sana

I am already bored of this beach holiday. I think 35C drains the life out of a Brit. Not used to a chronic heatwave. lol.

Amir's office has sent an appointment reminder. Each day I keep tugging at my skin and asking do I need a lower FL and the answer each day is yes but the image of being awake with my skin off my face makes me anxious so then I look at his before and after photos to reassure myself.

Yes just read that new review on Dr Oh's v line. That means Dr Oh is good for zygoma but do more research for v lines. I don't need v line. I shaved my chin and now have a short chin and I bet I get told I need a chin implant lol. That's the problem with surgery. Chin shaving improved the side profile immensely but at a small cost to the front view. Japanese beauty is short chins so all is not lost. ;).

TLPS gave a girl a beautiful v line but at the cost of nerve numbness on one side of her chin and skin sagging in another. That means even v line has its downsides and may need a lower FL after.

I worry that releasing the skin from the soft tissues and pulling up in lower fl may loosen the skin permanently so that it may stretch more over time and require another lower FL. Why else do we hear of ladies on their 3rd or 4th facelifts and still young?

I am hoping Amir is an honest and erhicae surgeon who will give me his honest opinion on whether lower FL can improve my contour. 2 days to go to the consultation.

• Insightful
Reactions: account
Hi @chpwhy I think ultherapy is a temporary procedure like threadlift. I keep pulling up my skin in front of my ears to see what a lower FL would look like and like what I see. I need to ask Amir if he just sutures the smas layer ie like a threadlift which can last as little as 6 months or if he excises, trims and sutures the smas layer which is the traditional smas procedure and more permanent. I would be gutted to pay £6900 for a procedure that only lasted 6 months. Already have a pf friend say one of her threads have come loose as one side of her face has dropped in less than 6 months bur this was done by another surgeon.
Yes threadlifts are quite useless! At least for me! I had mine done at JW, paid a fortune for it, swelled like a pumpkin, only for it to make absolutely no difference to my appearance!

@heartbeep that is why I refuse to try threadlift! Loose skin and excess saggy smas layer needs to be trimmed and excised. Remember my triple wrinkled eyelids that I could pull out an inch! The excess lid skin got excised for good. 2.5 years later and no lid wrinkles!

I am now trying to logically work out the benefit of a lower FL to excise excess loose skin. I have taken 4 selfies leaning forward at 120 degrees (the worst for sagging), at 90 degrees, at 45 degrees and finally at 30 degrees which looks super and I hope FL can keep me looking like at 30 degrees when at 90 or 120 degrees. Friends say I don't need a lower FL but I say I do and the photos clearly show a difference. If Amir excises an inch of skin on each side and trims and tightens the smas layer I should look like the last photo without having to lie back. I think my lower face is hiding a natural v line.

I could also try clear gorilla duct tape to lift my lower face and see what that looks like upright. Can try when I get home. I discovered that some Chinese girls use clear duct tape for a sharp v line in selfies!

The other option is to drink 35 mls/kg/day to inflate the fg cells in the lower face which lifts and prevents sagging. In a heatwave it means doubling the fluid intake and I am way behind and dehydrated. I have added a photo when fully hydrated which then inflates and lifts the bottom face. Sigh so difficult to maintain.

Attachments

• 20180828_104255.jpg
    20180828_104255.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 289
  • 20180828_104219.jpg
    20180828_104219.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 289
  • 20180828_104322.jpg
    20180828_104322.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 291
  • 20180828_104349.jpg
    20180828_104349.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 289
  • 20180827_160836.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
@heartbeep that is why I refuse to try threadlift! Loose skin and excess saggy smas layer needs to be trimmed and excised. Remember my triple wrinkled eyelids that I could pull out an inch! The excess lid skin got excised for good. 2.5 years later and no lid wrinkles!

I am now trying to logically work out the benefit of a lower FL to excise excess loose skin. I have taken 4 selfies leaning forward at 120 degrees (the worst for sagging), at 90 degrees, at 45 degrees and finally at 30 degrees which looks super and I hope FL can keep me looking like at 30 degrees when at 90 or 120 degrees. Friends say I don't need a lower FL but I say I do and the photos clearly show a difference. If Amir excises an inch of skin on each side and trims and tightens the smas layer I should look like the last photo without having to lie back. I think my lower face is hiding a natural v line.

I could also try clear gorilla duct tape to lift my lower face and see what that looks like upright. Can try when I get home. I discovered that some Chinese girls use clear duct tape for a sharp v line in selfies!

The other option is to drink 35 mls/kg/day to inflate the fg cells in the lower face which lifts and prevents sagging. In a heatwave it means doubling the fluid intake and I am way behind and dehydrated. I have added a photo when fully hydrated which then inflates and lifts the bottom face. Sigh so difficult to maintain.
Your fat graft is holding up really well! I’m curious though, why your graft responds to internal hydration, whereas mine only responds to external hydration in the form of a super emollient moisturiser. When I idea lousy cream, I look gaunt and gross, but a good cream plumps me back up.

Do let us know if the gorilla tape works! I’ve tried using scotch tape lol, to no avail.

Your fat graft is holding up really well! I’m curious though, why your graft responds to internal hydration, whereas mine only responds to external hydration in the form of a super emollient moisturiser. When I idea lousy cream, I look gaunt and gross, but a good cream plumps me back up.

Do let us know if the gorilla tape works! I’ve tried using scotch tape lol, to no avail.
Hi @heartbeep,
I was reading rs and found not 1 but 3 negative reviews on Amir's FL! Oh my goodness! Only 1 happy patient showed a 1 year postop pic but 3 wrote negative saying it did not even last a year?!

So super anxious me just drank 750 mls of water in one go...gulped it straight down to plump up my lower face and it helped. I shall keep my appointment but now am too scared. I think I may wait until 60 and try my first ps Jan Stanek but he will be 78 then!!!! Oh no what do I do? I saw his 60 yo nurse 6 months out. Such a beautiful lower FL and no scar ( inside the ear) but double price!?

You must be drinking enough water but maybe not moisturising enough. I moisturise every day but don't drink enough. lol.

Cardinal rule of research. Find the negative reviews and contact past patients post 1 year for photos. Research, research, research. Only a fool is easily parted with his or her money. It breaks my heart to read of the psychological distress of unhappy patients but their brave honesty helps others make an informed decision.

Not one of my friends said I needed a lower FL and one told me to see a counsellor. lol. Saved by finding negative reviews! Doing 3 lower fls in one day is too much in my opinion.

Okay after 750 mls of water I absolutely do not need a lower FL The fg in my lower face has reinflated and the contours look fine! Slight marionettes but I can live with that. Here are my instant selfies without makeup and some with a little. Just saved myself £6900. Water is a fg's best friend. I need to drink 1.5 L a day and more in hot weather or else I shall see a saggy, sunken and irregular lower contour. Maybe put a post it on my phone? Maybe the ulthera did work but I need to only take selfies after 1.5L a day! I just realized I normally drink 2 mini Evian waters a day which is only 660 mls when I need to be drinking 1500 mls and more in hot weather!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180828-184511_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180828-184511_Gallery.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 272
  • Screenshot_20180828-184958_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180828-184958_Gallery.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 268
  • Screenshot_20180828-184909_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180828-184909_Gallery.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 264
  • Screenshot_20180828-184729_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180828-184729_Gallery.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:

So if you could go back 20 years would you have never gotten implants and left your breasts alone? Since you lost most of your breast tissue is that like when you have a mastectomy and no longer have to worry about breast cancer (like what Angelina Jolie did)?

Okay after 750 mls of water I absolutely do not need a lower FL The fg in my lower face has reinflated and the contours look fine! Slight marionettes but I can live with that. Here are my instant selfies without makeup and some with a little. Just saved myself £6900. Water is a fg's best friend. I need to drink 1.5 L a day and more in hot weather or else I shall see a saggy, sunken and irregular lower contour. Maybe put a post it on my phone? Maybe the ulthera did work but I need to only take selfies after 1.5L a day! I just realized I normally drink 2 mini Evian waters a day which is only 660 mls when I need to be drinking 1500 mls and more in hot weather!

Seeing this, you're perfect. No need for FL! Save your money for later on. And keep drinking water! I drink 3 liters a day. Living in a hot climate, anything less and I get dehydration headaches.