How to go from 50+ to looking 20+ with plastic surgery rejuvenation.

Just my experience, when I did upper blepharoplasty, they injected me right before surgery dexamethasone (is this a corticoid?). I wasn't very aware why they're doing this, but it actually helped a lot. Almost no swelling and no bruises, and that's extremly unusual for me. Another lady had minimum bruises.

Reactions: MissOrange
Just my experience, when I did upper blepharoplasty, they injected me right before surgery dexamethasone (is this a corticoid?). I wasn't very aware why they're doing this, but it actually helped a lot. Almost no swelling and no bruises, and that's extremly unusual for me. Another lady had minimum bruises.
@SearchingVline this is very interesting. Yes dexa is a corticosteroid and stronger than prednisolone. I was just mentioning how top US facelift surgeons use it to speed healing and reduce swelling for facelifts and how some UK facelift surgeons are now agreeing to use steroids for their facelift ladies. I think it was the single most important factor in my second facelift healing faster and holding now for 13 months+. Fascinating to see it used in eyelid surgery too. Glad you had minimal swelling and no bruises! I hear some ladies in Korea had sausage lid swelling for 3 months! This may have been prevented with either intraop dexa injection or postop prednisolone pills.

60 is the new 30! This is icon Cindy Jackson’s motto and sounds like it will be mine soon! I can’t believe she is now 66! She spent her father’s inheritance on making herself look young from her 30s. What a coincidence as I did the same with my late dad‘s inheritance but I was 50. I found a 1996 vhs tape she had made of her secret to anti ageing and managed to watch it with a scart analog to hdmi cable as tvs are now smart and digital and wow! She was way ahead of her time. In 1996 she was advising fat injections for perioral smoker’s lines and wearing gloves when driving so as not to get ageing sun spots on one’s hands. In the video she mentions she got her first facelift in her 30s. Glad to see she is keeping her website current https://www.cindyjackson.com/services/extreme-anti-ageing/. I like her line that she gets regularly delayed at passport control by incredulous immigration officers. I just get “is this you?” And say yes and tell them to check my retina scan and fingerprint reader. Thank goodness for modern tech! Remember the time I got detained at Incheon by immigration officers and at that time spoke no Korean. That was super scary as they kept speaking in Korean to me and I desperately needed subtitles! It was no longer a k drama but a real life drama! I am at advanced beginner level in Korean now which means I can ride the metro but still too terrified to get on a Korean bus. I doubt advanced beginner level would be good enough to understand immigration officers now. I would need to be at least advanced intermediate level. lol.

She is 10 years older than I am and I have just over 3 years to go to then say 60 is the new 30 myself! lol. I met her for a face to face £200 1 hour consult at a hotel over 20 years ago but then she only advised I update my dated spectacles and hairstyle. I wanted her to give me all the names of her surgeons! Sigh. For me, it was a pointless consultation as she did not reveal names of her surgeons. She told me I didn’t need surgery. I was quite surprised as I looked 50 in my 30s. I gleaned more by doing my own research. Wow she charges £950-£1275! Maybe I should be charging too? ;)

3A7A4311-15FB-486B-9B18-43A45095B4E2.jpeg

8F1DB3F9-FD9D-49CB-9E1B-90916E0A48C9.jpeg

Last edited:
I found her interview in 2016 when she was 59. That’s 2.3 years to go for me then. Here she mentions Croatia as a place to go for surgery as it is cheaper than LA or NY. She has not explored Korea. ;) I love her long hair. I need to try extensions or go back to dark hair so my hair can grow long again.

Last edited:
Wow, here is her interview in Feb 2017 at age 60! Wow! TV cameras are such high resolution; it is scary to go in front of the camera the older one gets, yet video is more realistic than selfies. I wonder what I look like now in an interview. Here she mentions she prefers getting surgery under local and not general now and had a tummy tuck under local recently. Funnily I reached the same conclusion that facelift and lip lift under local were faster to recover from. Gosh thinner hair is ageing. I need to do something before bleaching makes me lose all my hair!

Last edited:
She still cannot go around spreading her THOUGHTS or ASSUMPTIONS as ACCURATE information when she posts them here, that's what she keeps doing. You don't know who's reading them and believing everything she's saying. She's not a doctor. At least state that it's her own opinion?????? telling people what pills to take when the other girl asked doctors and they all disagreed? who would you think is right, the doctor with many years of experience or just someone who has no medical background and only posts what she has gathered from reading on the internet thinking what works for her will work for everyone? geez. She's being irresponsible, that's what I'm trying to say.
I am a licenced medical doctor and British ladies have only obtained prednisolone from their facelift surgeons or another doctor. I do not prescribe prednisolone. @mlydzz instead of making false accusations, why don’t you start your own thread. This thread has been a personal record of 6 years of my life’s journey.

@MissOrange, do you find that after your face lift, you do not need botox?
I really wish to not use botox. I have not used it for a while, but find my forehead and eye area tensing up...if you know what I mean. As we age and we work, our tension does show on our faces and it can make one look very tired.

@MissOrange, do you find that after your face lift, you do not need botox?
I really wish to not use botox. I have not used it for a while, but find my forehead and eye area tensing up...if you know what I mean. As we age and we work, our tension does show on our faces and it can make one look very tired.
Hi @Otto8, the facelift only addresses the mid to lower face so will not affect the forehead or eye area. I found forehead fat graft took away my forehead lines so no need for botox there. When I smile, I still get crows feet but they are less noticeable as I wear glasses. I stopped using botox years ago. The last time I had botox for the crows feet was at Namu in Korea in January 2020 and it lasted 6 weeks. The price was around $50 so I didn’t mind. But I can’t afford to keep paying £160-£200 for botox in the UK for crows feet every 3 months, so just accept it. Fortunately the crows feet are not visible when my face is not smiling. But then by not smiling, my mouth is starting to have a downturned shape. I think the bullhorn lip lift creates an A shape to the mouth from pulling more centrally than laterally.

Reactions: carong and Otto8
Hi there! Which Dr and clinic did you get your upper bleph surgery? Thank you!

What I did not realise is that 4 years of hair bleaching damages and thins hair to the point it looks like thin straggly fine ends! Ladies then pay up to £800 for real human hair extensions that last 4-8 weeks or resort to synthetic hair extensions attached by a string sitting like a halo or use clip on extensions or even wigs. I thought to myself, I do not want to go down this path!

So last weekend I dyed my hair with L'oreal Excellence 4.0 natural light brown for 24 minutes to save the health of my hair. Praying I can grow back my hair to my waist again. I have removed my blonde pic from my profile as I am now a brunette! Thank goodness I have one official ID as with dark hair and one with blonde hair. lol.

Here is a side by side collage. Left was last night and right was as a bleached blonde. I was surprised at how dark hair makes my skin glow and look paler! My face looks more balanced and serene with brown hair that glows warmly in indoor lighting. Ironically my first Brazilian hair colourist advised me that caramel would look best on me but I wanted to try being blonde.

I have ordered 5.0 and am debating whether to go darker to black/brown and look 100% Korean or quit while I am ahead.

I have also noticed I look older with false eyelashes so now stick with Lancome foundation, any brown eyebrow pencil, l'oreal brown eyeshadow and rimmel black liquid eyeliner to create wings. I try not to line my lower lids. This then creates an illusion of an eye lift. For my lips I use Maybelline 338 lip liner midnight plum for £3.99 and a free Dior red 999 gift sample lipstick.

Another tip I discovered after using all types of creams on my feet, was that Garnier Aloe Vera intense 7 day moisturiser is amazing and even heals calluses! For £3 for a big bottle, it will last at least a year as I now apply daily after a bath. It makes my soles baby soft like after a salon pedicure!

IMG_20230226_071604_399.jpg

Last edited:
Hair extensions thins your hair out. Never again
Sorry you had this happen. I watched The Strays on netflix and when I saw her collection of wigs and what her hair looked like without the wigs, I was shocked. I thought, no way do I want to end up losing so much hair myself from bleaching or as you have experienced from hair extensions. My hair used to grow to my bum in my 20s and in my 40s it was down to my waist and one guy actually pulled at my hair thinking it was a wig or extensions but it was my natural hair. Never did I imagine my hair thinning out so much that I have had to trim the ends or look like I have bits of straw at the end of my hair. And each trim, meant my hair length was getting shorter and shorter over the past 4 years of bleaching. I then thought I will end up with a bob if I continue bleaching just to be blonde.

My hair is light brown to brown now and tomorrow I shall dye it with L’oreal excellence 5.0 brown which will make it dark brown/black. Then I can say hangug saram iyeyo and look it. lol.

I wonder if eyelash extensions will thin your eyelashes out.

Not the eyelashes that you can buy and put on at home, but the semi-permanent ones where the lash techinician uses glue.

I only mention this because there is a post above talking about hair extensions thinning your hair out.

Reactions: MissOrange