How To Clean Your Coach!

You could use a sticky roller on the inside. This would work especially well if the lining will pull out and then wipe it down with a baby wipe let it dry then do it again even a couple of times and it would feel less gross. Be careful not to let the sticky roller stick to any metallic leather as it pulled the finish off of my metallic leather strap. HTH :smile:

PittsburghGal said:
Thank you :smile:
One more question I should have included. Can the fabric coach diaper pad be washed and dried? Any special instructions for it?

I don't know about that for sure. I will say my daughters friend had a really gross and dirty coach bag and we threw it in the washer and I hung it out to dry as to try not to pucker or shrink it. It turned out ok but you could tell it had been washed. She didn't pay any money for it and it might have been better if it was ironed on low as it was a siggy bag. How she received it for free I don't know but it was ready for the trash. Best of luck for your new bag.

Hi there, I'm new to tpf. I searched through this thread, but haven't seen this issue posted. I recently purchased a black Kristin leather hippie. According to the care card and an SA as well, the coach leather moisturizer is ok to use on this particular bag. However when I used it (so far only twice) I noticed black on the white cloth I was using to buff it (both times, and I was gentle). I mean the bag looked great afterwards, but over time I don't want the color to fade. Any advice? Thanks!!

I recently bought a signature diaper bag off ebay. There are a few spots on the signature part and after reading all the suggestions I will try to damp soft cloth or baby wipe. But here is my problem. The bag came and it had cat hair in it and just looked gross. What can I wipe the inside fabric part (and pockets) out with so that the bag doesn't feel so gross?Since I am actually going to be using it as a diaper bag I want to clean the inside with something so that my baby's things won't be gross! Thanks

This may sound a little silly but have you tried to vacuum the inside? I get the edging attachment on my vacuum whenever I get a new coach from a thrift store or something... It work swell and there's no leftover residue in the bag...,

Katev, I'm rehabbing a old court bag from the 80s but do not know what to do for the brass...what do you do?

I use Wenol metal polish, I buy it online, see the link below (NMA). However, Brasso also does a nice job and you can buy it at the hardware store. I use a lot of Qtips and rags and just rubbing to get rid of as much tarnish as possible.

Does the bag have verdigris, green gunk around the hardware? If it has verdigris that you need to do additional steps to clean it. Good luck!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WENOL-Metal...379?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33781b5583

I use Wenol metal polish, I buy it online, see the link below (NMA). However, Brasso also does a nice job and you can buy it at the hardware store. I use a lot of Qtips and rags and just rubbing to get rid of as much tarnish as possible.

Does the bag have verdigris, green gunk around the hardware? If it has verdigris that you need to do additional steps to clean it. Good luck!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WENOL-Metal...379?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33781b5583

Surprisingly the verdigris came out in the bath!!! WoopWopp...
well except for under one zipper pull...it was as if the zipper pull was smooshed between two pieces of black leather for EVER!
Ill stop by the hardware store tomorrow and pick up some brasso, cant believe I dont have any under the sink LOL:graucho:

Surprisingly the verdigris came out in the bath!!! WoopWopp...
well except for under one zipper pull...it was as if the zipper pull was smooshed between two pieces of black leather for EVER!
Ill stop by the hardware store tomorrow and pick up some brasso, cant believe I dont have any under the sink LOL:graucho:

Just to let you know, sometimes the verdigris is lurking inside or underneath the hardware, take a look at the link below!
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/red-hot-in-nyc-three-bag-rehab-reveal-755638.html#post22085662

Just to let you know, sometimes the verdigris is lurking inside or underneath the hardware, take a look at the link below!
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/red-hot-in-nyc-three-bag-rehab-reveal-755638.html#post22085662

OH NO!!! I am So new at rehabbing I am afraid to take the hardware off!! YIKES! but after seeing that I probably SHOULD!
Your bag turned out BEAUTIFUL!! I hope I have that much success...I have to post photos later today in rehab, she is finally dry from her bath but this hardware is killing me! Its scratched and just awful looking! So, I soak it in vinegar water? Vinegar is the miracle solution huh LOL
Thank You so much for your advise and encouragement Katev!! Without you I would not have had the balls to even buy these vintage bags LOL:P

OH NO!!! I am So new at rehabbing I am afraid to take the hardware off!! YIKES! but after seeing that I probably SHOULD!
Your bag turned out BEAUTIFUL!! I hope I have that much success...I have to post photos later today in rehab, she is finally dry from her bath but this hardware is killing me! Its scratched and just awful looking! So, I soak it in vinegar water? Vinegar is the miracle solution huh LOL
Thank You so much for your advise and encouragement Katev!! Without you I would not have had the balls to even buy these vintage bags LOL:P

Actually I tried soaking vinegar and it didn't help much, vigorously cleaning it by hand with wenol (or brasso) was the best thing to do to physically remove the gunk!

hey guys im new here and i was given a used coach bag this one here
http://www.polyvore.com/coach_op_art...ng?id=12355950
and my was it used! stains and rusted handles, i got the stains mostly out..white is always so quickly damaged. but the handles are awful looking...like the fabric is covered in shiny silver material that i guess peeled off but it is a cute bag and id like to use it but i was thinking maybe of getting a silver marker for fabric and trying to color it in or something, watcha think?
thanks!!

I just wanted to let everyone here know, that a great mild soap to use is the Hello Kitty foaming soap. They sell it at Target and it's on clearance now for less than 2 bucks. It smells really good and I've tried almost EVERYTHING to get this weird black square mark inside my Glam to come out, and a little of this did the trick.

Once I saw that this worked, I got out my siggy stripe tote from 2009 that has a little dirt on the lining from normal use and this got it out, too!

It removes no color from the bag and doesn't leave a weird ring either.

So it works excellent on both the satin and signature linings. I hope this helps.

ChristinaDanise said:
I just wanted to let everyone here know, that a great mild soap to use is the Hello Kitty foaming soap. They sell it at Target and it's on clearance now for less than 2 bucks. It smells really good and I've tried almost EVERYTHING to get this weird black square mark inside my Glam to come out, and a little of this did the trick.

Once I saw that this worked, I got out my siggy stripe tote from 2009 that has a little dirt on the lining from normal use and this got it out, too!

It removes no color from the bag and doesn't leave a weird ring either.

So it works excellent on both the satin and signature linings. I hope this helps.

Wow! Hello Kitty... who knew? It's always great to learn of different products that work for cleaning bags. Thanks for the info! Just curious, what made you try the HK soap in the first place?

CDB3 said:
Wow! Hello Kitty... who knew? It's always great to learn of different products that work for cleaning bags. Thanks for the info! Just curious, what made you try the HK soap in the first place?

I know, right?

I was very bored at home and wanted to clean my bags. I have dish soap in the kitchen but thought this may be too harsh. So I checked the bathroom. Aha! Hello Kitty hand soap, sitting on the counter. I originally bought the hand soap for its intended use because I needed some and it is Hello Kitty and I LOVE Hello Kitty. Who knew it'd be able to do all this too?