How To Clean Your Coach!

I have never bought pre owned. I'm hoping I am not expecting too much.

It depends on what you truly want deep down inside. If you really want a brand new, pristine bag - than that is probably what you should buy; but since you took the plunge and bought a used vintage bag, just give it a chance and see if it meets your needs and expectations.

I recently purchased a used Stewardess bag for $45 that was made in the US in 1999. I could have bought a brand new glove-tanned stewardess for $298 or one of the newly released light-weight stewardess bags for $350, but I am very happy with my $45 investment and I wear her often.

Below are 2 before and 2 after pics, she will never be pristine but I think she is beautiful. But if you are likely to feel that you've missed out by rehabbing a used bag, then they should buy a new bag. And keep in mind that all my rehab projects don't always come out as well as I would like; but since you bought a black glove-tanned bag - those usually have the best chance for success. Good luck!

Stewardess9525Blk003.jpg

Stewardess9525Blk015.jpg

StewardessAfter001.jpg

StewardessAfter005.jpg

Wow.. How do you get rid of scratches and how do you make the color so dark again? As you can see, having never bought pre owned, I am very green. The bag is beautiful.

Wow.. How do you get rid of scratches and how do you make the color so dark again? As you can see, having never bought pre owned, I am very green. The bag is beautiful.

Thank you! All I did was give it a bath, condition it and polish the brass! Like I said, these old black, glove-tanned bags are nearly indestructible!

I have successfully cleaned Coach fabric purses with Spot Shot. I do not spray the product directly on the purse, I spray a small amount on a clean cloth then apply to the stain, rubbing in the direction of the fabric weave. I then use another cloth to blot dry. Works great on the stains I've encountered.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before.... But I have gotten PERMANENT marker and ink pen stains out of the fabric of my Coach bags using Amodex Spot Remover. This only works on the fabric part, not leather. I just let it soak in the fabric then rinse. No need for soap, I use it every time I buy a used Coach bag from eBay (with pen/ink marks) and they turn out awesome!!

Combined with the Apple Leather Conditioner, and Scotch Guard after the fabric is clean, my used bags always look great :biggrin:!!

Does anyone know how I can get color transfer off of a waxed leather? I have the poppy pushlock satchel in a very light grey. Not only does it scratch very easily, it has blue in the cracks from my jeans :sad: I've asked several times in the stores and they said there is nothing to clean it, or to make the scratches less noticeable.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have!

I thought I saw somewhere it TPF about this, but I'm having a brain fart. I have a slim Ali Coach Tonal Legacy Cotton with brown Sig C's on it (hopefully I g ot that all right since I am just learning styles& the # is 10824 if that helps!!) I am looking on how to clean the outside. It's pretty dirty but i really love the purse and would love to get her cleaned up!

Thanks!!

I have a tan soho and I got out of my car today and it appears that I have grease on my pants and my bag. I believe car grease, not sure where it came from, anyways will the leather cleaner get this out? I know it is buck skin leather and the care card say not to use it???

Hi ladies! I would greatly appreciate some advice on color transfer.
I just bought a yellow leather parker hippie from ebay recently and I'm wondering if there is any way to lift some or all of the blue color transfer that has gotten onto the back of the bag. Should I try rubbing alcohol?
TIA

**I have already tried using a damp cloth and dove soap, but it didn't help.

After using my dark grey patent Sophia very few times, I noticed a couple of stains on it. I don't know what they are or how they got there.

I fear these are the sort of stains that won't come out of patent, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate them. Pics below:

do5s35.jpg

ztzswp.jpg

xcnq7r.jpg

ddz809.jpg

Does anyone have suggestions for alternate conditioners to Apple, as I cannot buy it in Australia and they will not ship it here either? Thanks

Lexol is really common. It can be bought in a lotion type bottle, or wipes. I have and use both. Leather CPR is one of my favorites. It seems slightly more heavy duty than Lexol, but is still gentle enough for touching up a like new bag. There's Blackrocks LeatherNRich for heavy duty fixups. I love Blackrock since I love to restore hard core banged up bags!! And Obenaufs is great for hardcore rehabbing too. Blackrock contains some Canuba wax in it also so I use it as a last coat. Leather Therapy is another brand that has a lot of great products for washing and conditioning leather. check out this link: http://www.leathertherapy.com/ They have some videos which are neat to watch. And I also have used Fiebings 4 way conditioner which feels a little more oily/creamy and is good for pebbled leathers since it can be absorbed without leaving any white residue between the surface bumps. I hope you can find any of these products where you live!!

I recently bought a signature diaper bag off ebay. There are a few spots on the signature part and after reading all the suggestions I will try to damp soft cloth or baby wipe. But here is my problem. The bag came and it had cat hair in it and just looked gross. What can I wipe the inside fabric part (and pockets) out with so that the bag doesn't feel so gross?Since I am actually going to be using it as a diaper bag I want to clean the inside with something so that my baby's things won't be gross! Thanks