How To Clean Your Coach!

****New to the group, ladies and new to collecting****

I'm hoping you ladies can help me with a bag that I'm in the process of rehabilitating. I have a 2004 Hamptons Optic C Carryall that I inherited from a friend of mine (along with a few other gems). The leather is perfectly aged and is gorgeous. It's the interior and exterior fabric that I'm struggling with. I'm not sure what was done to the bag while it was being stored (boo) but it has some staining on it that I can't seem to get out. I had taken the bag to my local Coach outlet and had the Manager look at the bag and she told me to go ahead and use the Fabric cleaner but wasn't sure how much of the staining would be cleared up. I did an initial cleaning of the exterior of the bag that day and today have done a second cleaning.

I'm wondering what other options I have to try and restore the bag. It's gorgeous and the staining seems to detract from it, although it very well could be me being particular. I didn't take pics of the bag before the cleaning process and right now it's drying (it's not soaking wet, don't worry). I'm not even sure the staining would show up on the pictures. :sad:

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

~Lori

****New to the group, ladies and new to collecting****

I'm hoping you ladies can help me with a bag that I'm in the process of rehabilitating. I have a 2004 Hamptons Optic C Carryall that I inherited from a friend of mine (along with a few other gems). The leather is perfectly aged and is gorgeous. It's the interior and exterior fabric that I'm struggling with. I'm not sure what was done to the bag while it was being stored (boo) but it has some staining on it that I can't seem to get out. I had taken the bag to my local Coach outlet and had the Manager look at the bag and she told me to go ahead and use the Fabric cleaner but wasn't sure how much of the staining would be cleared up. I did an initial cleaning of the exterior of the bag that day and today have done a second cleaning.

I'm wondering what other options I have to try and restore the bag. It's gorgeous and the staining seems to detract from it, although it very well could be me being particular. I didn't take pics of the bag before the cleaning process and right now it's drying (it's not soaking wet, don't worry). I'm not even sure the staining would show up on the pictures. :sad:

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

~Lori

Can you post some photos so that we can see the problems? Thanks!

Thank you. I am hoping I didn't make a mistake by buying an older bag instead of a new one one from coach.com. I have lost the appeal to Coach bags in recent years and even though the classics look good, the fact that they are Made in China turned me off.

Thank you. I am hoping I didn't make a mistake by buying an older bag instead of a new one one from coach.com. I have lost the appeal to Coach bags in recent years and even though the classics look good, the fact that they are Made in China turned me off.

I had bought a new Legacy Zip (one of the Coach Originals) and then returned it when I found one made in the U.S. in very good shape on eBay. Seriously, though, they seemed identical. I can't find fault at all with the one made in China. I just wanted one of the oldies. And it didn't hurt that it was significantly less expensive, even with the 25 percent off the new one.

ms_sue said:
I had bought a new Legacy Zip (one of the Coach Originals) and then returned it when I found one made in the U.S. in very good shape on eBay. Seriously, though, they seemed identical. I can't find fault at all with the one made in China. I just wanted one of the oldies. And it didn't hurt that it was significantly less expensive, even with the 25 percent off the new one.

I still may buy a new one from coach.com because I want a brown one and I can't find it.

I had it authenticated here. I have been eyeing used Louis Vuitton and used Coach bags for a while, but never taken the plunge.

I marvel at the rehabbing many here do, but I know that I probably won't get into that. So I need to know that a pre-owned bag is in the condition that will satisfy me. I ask a lot of questions and check out fb, in addition to getting it authenticated here. I've bought only two so far, both Legacy Zips. For some reason that style just calls to me.

I'm willing to do some work, like polish the brass, condition the leather.. but the bag is not in bad shape at all, imo. I may post a pic or 2 from the seller when I go home.