How To Clean Your Coach!

Hello!

I found this forum online and I can't believe there's this big community of bag lovers I never knew about before! I'm new so I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this question. I hope someone can help me out.

I have the Coach Signature Gabby Tote in black. It is basically the Signature jacquard fabric all over with patent leather straps. I love this tote and have basically used the hell out of it. So far, I've been able to hold off stains by cleaning the inside light purple fabric lining with soap and water anytime it got dirty. The jacquard fabric, however has started to discolor? There is a significant difference between the front of the bag and the back of the bag. The front looks like it went through a dust storm while the back looks like I just bought it. I've tried cleaning it with soap and water with no success. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
do you think it might have faded? I have a black on black siggy bag that has turned brownish on the top of the bag from sun exposure.

Attaching some pictures. The last picture is of the back of the bag. You can tell the difference in color between the back and the front.

I hope I am doing this posting correctly with the pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0655.jpg
    IMG_0655.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 870
  • IMG_0656.jpg
    IMG_0656.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 865
  • IMG_0657.jpg
    IMG_0657.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 881
Last edited:
UNNOFICIAL PEN MARKS ON SIGNATURE FABRIC!

Spray a bit of hairspray on a q-tip and rub the stain gently. Use another q-tip with water to remove the hairspray. I have tried this on the light pink signature fabric. If you're nervous about trying it, test on the inside of the bag first.
Just to let you know-this worked a miracle for me on a pen mark on a fabric signiture bag. I tried using alcohol first and just made it worse. Then found this thread and tried your method and it was perfect. thanks so much.

I have tried everything on my lg Zoe in pewter patent and nothing I have tried so far has worked.....It was nicked with a metallic sharpie! Red at that. Ive tried alcohol, mild soap, nail polish remover......

Attachments

• 1372176496317.jpg
    1372176496317.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 759
I have tried everything on my lg Zoe in pewter patent and nothing I have tried so far has worked.....It was nicked with a metallic sharpie! Red at that. Ive tried alcohol, mild soap, nail polish remover......
I don't think anything will remove it. Your best bet is to cover it up. Katev used metallic craft paint on her Zoe and it worked well.

Hi everyone, I recently bought a coach classic field bag in retro glove tan leather in british tan. Within an hour I got a black pen mark on it and I am horrified! It's right on the front. Any suggestions to get it off will be greatly appreciated. The card says not to use coach cleaner to clean hand burnished leather, only the moisturizer. Thanks

MADISON LEATHER COLLECTIONS

Yes, this is my tips on cleaning it as i once (twice to be exact) spilled sugarcane (and ribena berry juice was the other incident) onto my cherry sabrina wallet and hangbag itself.

1- on the spot ; take soft cloth (i use face towel) and damp it with tap water, and dab it on the spot.. keep dabbing until the spot is wet evenly by the damp water around it..

2- it will look awful, u will feel like freaking out, but just relax and let it dry out naturally for an hour ( do not use hairdryer or fan to make it dry quickly)

3- when dried, check the spot, it shud disappear like magic but just incase it doesn't, don't worry! repeat step 1 and 2 again because this means that the spilled drink residue still exist in the leather.. u need to dab it with damp cloth as to ensure that it is absorbed out of the leather via the cloth (face towel, in my case)..

4- when dried and spotless and looking new as before, it is advisable to apply leather conditioner onto the whole bag - just to give the supple and glowing effect back into the leather.. ( i use apple conditioner)

hope this helps!
Hi jelita78,

May I know how you got your Apple conditioner in Malaysia? Oh and the woolite too!

Thanks!

I was looking on coach.com for an answer to another thread and found this ... thought it was good info to have! Maybe we can make this a sticky?

coach.com/assets/images/leathercare.gif

How can I clean my Coach product?
We make our products with various types of leather. The smooth Classic leather can be cleaned with our Coach Cleaner and Moisturizer Set. We do not suggest the cleaner or moisturizer be used on ink, grease or oil stains. We offer a brush and eraser to clean our Nubuc products.

The Coach Signature and Mini Signature Collections are crafted in signature jacquard fabric that has been specially treated to be water and stain repellant. To remove stains, simply wipe with a soft, damp cloth. It should not be treated with Coach Leather Care products.

For the Coach Patent Collection a damp cloth should be used. Do not use Coach Cleaner and Moisturizer.

The Coach Vachetta Collection is handcrafted from pure, vegetable-tanned French vachetta leather, noted for its sophistication and rich simplicity. The leather's inherent beauty is enhanced over time, acquiring a remarkable patina as it ages. The Coach Vachetta Collection requires minimal care. Natural oils from your hand will add to its supple quality. To remove surface dirt, simply wipe with a clean, damp cloth. It should not be treated with Coach Leather Cleaner or Moisturizer.

The Coach Hamptons Leather and Suede Collections should be cleaned with Coach Cleaner and Moisturizer. For suede styles, please follow the directions in the suede care kit that is included with each bag.

The Coach Hamptons Weekend Collection is crafted in fabric that has been specially treated to be water and stain repellant. Most stains can be cleaned with a mild soap and a damp cloth. The interior lining is susceptible to ink jet transfer. When carrying ink jet papers, please ensure they are not exposed and are contained properly. If staining does occur, rubbing alcohol may be used to diminish the stain, but will not remove the stain completely. It should not be treated with Coach Leather Care or Moisturizer.

The Coach Hamptons Weekend Scribble C Collection is crafted in fabric that has been specially treated to be water and stain repellant. Most stains can be cleaned with a mild soap and a damp cloth. The interior lining is susceptible to ink jet transfer. When carrying ink jet papers, please ensure they are not exposed and are contained properly. If staining does occur, rubbing alcohol may be used to diminish the stain, but will not remove the stain completely. It should not be treated with Coach Leather Care or Moisturizer.

For the Coach Madison and Lurex Optic C Collections please follow the care instructions in each bag. We do not recommend using Coach Cleaner or Moisturizer on lurex Optic C, satin, and mink styles. To clean printed ocelot haircalf styles and fur styles, use a slightly moistened cloth. Allow to dry naturally, away from any source of heat. You may also use a fine bristle or fine wire brush to clean the fur. When brushing, make sure to stroke in the direction of the fur.

The Quilted Signature Collection is crafted in fabric that has been specially treated to be water and stain repellant. We do not recommend the use of Coach Leather Cleaner or Moisturizer.

The Coach Weekend Denim Collection is crafted in denim fabric that has been specially treated to be water and stain repellant. Most stains can be cleaned with a mild soap and a damp cloth. It should not be treated with Coach Leather Care products.

The Coach Soho Twill Collection is crafted in cotton sateen twill that is specially treated to be both water and stain resistant. If cleaning the fabric is necessary, most stains can be easily cleaned with a mild soap and water applied with a clean, damp cloth. Avoid the use of harsh solvents or cleaning products. It should not be treated with Coach Leather Care or Moisturizer products.

The Coach Soho Leather and Suede Collections should be cleaned with Coach Cleaner and Moisturizer. For suede styles, please follow the directions in the suede care kit that is included with each bag.

The Coach Soho Suede Collection should be treated as per the directions in the suede care kit that is included with each bag.

The Coach Metro fabric has been specially treated to be water and stain repellant. It should not be treated with Coach Leather Care products.

The Coach Straw Collection is made of handwoven straw and trimmed with Bridle and Patent leather. It is easy to maintain and should be cleaned with a damp cloth only. Our natural straw is not treated to be stain or water repellant. Due to the natural materials, straw will weather with age and some strands may eventually unravel and snag certain fine fabric. It should not be treated with Coach Leather Care products.

The Coach Chelsea Optic C Collection is crafted in cotton Optic C jacquard fabric that has been specially treated to be water and stain repellant. It should not be treated with Coach Leather Care or Moisturizer products.

The Coach Soft Legacy Collection styles should be cleaned with Coach Leather Care or Moisturizer.

The Coach Polished Calf Collection should be cleaned with a small amount of Coach Leather Cleaner applied with a soft cloth, using circular strokes. Wipe off residue and let dry for 30 minutes.

The Coach Beach Stripe Collection includes denim and canvas beach bags that are crafted in a fabric that is specially treated to be both water and stain resistant. Fabric areas should not be treated with Coach Cleaner and Moisturizer. The leather pieces should be cleaned with the Coach Leather Cleaner and Moisturizer products.

The Coach Signature Stripe Collection is crafted in leathers and suedes, along with cotton Signature C fabric that has been specially treated to be water and stain repellant. These fabrics should not be treated with Coach Leather Care or Moisturizer products.

The Coach Signature Patchwork Collectionis crafted in leathers and suedes, along with cotton Signature C fabric that has been specially treated to be water and stain repellant. These fabrics should not be treated with Coach Leather Care or Moisturizer products.

The Coach Soft Pebble Collection is crafted in natural, milled cowhide leather that has been left untreated. This leather requires minimal care. To remove surface dirt, simply wipe with a clean, damp cloth. Do not use Coach Leather Care or Moisturizer products.

Can I send my bag to Coach for cleaning?
Unfortunately, we do not offer a cleaning or refurbishing service. We do offer a Coach Leather Cleaner and Moisturizer Set for our Classic Collection.

How can I clean my COACH shoes?
To maintain suppleness and a clear complexion of the leather, use a wax based polish, mink oil or bees wax.

Calfskin, Waxy Leather, Natural Grain or Spazzalato
Wipe shoes clean with a dry cloth. Apply shoe cream to leather using circular strokes.

Nubuc or Suede Brush gently with a soft suede brush to remove stains or marks. For stubborn stains use a suede eraser first, and then brush gently with a suede brush.

High Polish Calf
Wipe shoes clean with a soft, dry cloth or damp cloth if shoes are soiled. Use small amounts of Meltonian Wax, if necessary. Polishing will gradually reveal more of the base color.

Burnished pull-up Calf
Wipe shoes clean with a dry cloth or with a slightly damp cloth if shoes are soiled.

Quilted Signature
This fabric that has been specially treated to be water and stain repellant. We do not recommend the use of Coach Leather Cleaner or Moisturizer.

Metallic Leather
To remove surface dirt, lightly wipe clean with a damp cloth and mild soap. To add luster, lightly apply shoe cream with a soft cloth and gently brush leather surface. Excessive rubbing or polishing will damage metallic surface. Metallic leathers are volatile to scuffs and abrasion during wear.

Buffalo and Vachetta
Wipe with clean, dry cloth. Any application of cream or polish will change leather color. These leathers are naturally tanned so the color may darken from daily wear and exposure to the sun.

Signature Jacquard Fabric
Brush with a soft bristle brush. Treat with Scotchguard if weather-proofing desired.

Hamptons Twill
Brush with a soft bristle brush. Treat with Scotchguard if weather-proofing desired.

Patent Leather
Wipe with a clean, dry cloth.

Webbing
The Coach webbing fabric has been specially treated to be stain resistant. It can be cleaned with mild soap and water.

Sunglasses
Rinse with warm water to remove dust particles. Use non-moisturized liquid soap to clean sunwear. Dry with a maxi-velvet cleaning cloth.

From here!
Thank you so much for this information.

I`m not sure where to post this question, so i`ll post it here hopefully someone can help.
I just purchased a COACH SOHO LEATHER BUCKLE SLIM ENVELOPE WALLET from Ebay.
The wallet was listed as BRAND NEW without tags. When the wallet came it had a deep scratch on the front that wasn`t visible in the photos & to make matters worse it has an old, moldy smell that I can`t remove. The seller doesn`t accept returns. Does anyone know how to remove odors from Coach leather wallets? Any feedback would be appreciated. TIA

I`m not sure where to post this question, so i`ll post it here hopefully someone can help.
The wallet was listed as BRAND NEW without tags. When the wallet came it had a deep scratch on the front that wasn`t visible in the photos & to make matters worse it has an old, moldy smell that I can`t remove. The seller doesn`t accept returns. Does anyone know how to remove odors from Coach leather wallets? Any feedback would be appreciated. TIA

I would file a not as described complaint if the seller says you cannot return it.

I answered your question in the wallet clubhouse.