How To Clean Your Coach!

Hi everyone, I'm new to TPF and I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question (if not, I'd really appreciate it if someone can redirect me!).

I recently acquired a older Court bag from my mom (my sister chose the square one; we haven't gotten around to identifying the style yet. Any ideas?). According to some online research on serial numbers, it was made in the US in 1995. As you can see in the second picture, there are a couple of scratches on the leather. My questions are:

1) How should I go about cleaning/conditioning and protecting it? I currently have Apple Garde Rain & Stain Repellent and Skidmore's Leather Cream (I've use Skidmore's on my boots before, but I've never used it on a purse).

2) Should I pick up some Coach Leather Cleaner and/or Leather Conditioner?

Thanks in advance!!

When I was in Coach FP store last week the SA told me that a brand new Coach Leather Cleaner would soon become available. He said that it would be suitable for all types of Coach leathers. Sounded like this new product would be released within a week or two, so if you are looking for a good cleaner it might be a good time to check at FP or JAX. Good luck with your fabulous Court bag!

Hi everyone, I'm new to TPF and I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question (if not, I'd really appreciate it if someone can redirect me!).

I recently acquired a older Court bag from my mom (my sister chose the square one; we haven't gotten around to identifying the style yet. Any ideas?). According to some online research on serial numbers, it was made in the US in 1995. As you can see in the second picture, there are a couple of scratches on the leather. My questions are:

1) How should I go about cleaning/conditioning and protecting it? I currently have Apple Garde Rain & Stain Repellent and Skidmore's Leather Cream (I've use Skidmore's on my boots before, but I've never used it on a purse).

2) Should I pick up some Coach Leather Cleaner and/or Leather Conditioner?

Thanks in advance!!

Is the square one the Stewardess bag? I think you only need to wipe the bag with a damp cloth unless it is very dirty (in that case use very mild soapy water) then follow up with a leather moisturizer. I use the coach leather moisturizer on my coach bags just so if anything happens I can fall back on the warranty. The coach leather cleaner is not needed and is quite harsh I heard. However, I have recently been made aware to stay away from leather conditioner with silicone as that could dry out the leather and the coach leather conditioner does contain silicone. HTH.

I had purchased a beautiful legacy coach the leather is in great condition & it had a few stains on the inside lining I tried scrubbing gently with baby wipe the stains came out. :happydance:

great advice from everybody. :urock:

I recently bought this off of Ebay,I fell in Love with it at first glance. I was wondering if anyone knows how to clean these totes? It has leather,Suede,etc as you can see, I know I can't use Coach products on it. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Attachments

• Coach patchwork tote.jpg
    Coach patchwork tote.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 507
I recently bought this off of Ebay,I fell in Love with it at first glance. I was wondering if anyone knows how to clean these totes? It has leather,Suede,etc as you can see, I know I can't use Coach products on it. Any suggestions would be appreciated

COACH OCELOT PATCHWORK EAST WEST TOTE 15459

I know it's an older tote but I love it

It depends on what part is dirty and how dirty it is. Tell me what you are specifically trying to clean and I will try to help.

I just got it, it's in brand new condition,No scratches, stains or anything. Most say the mild soap and water is fine,and a suede cleaner, which I have to get, I normally use a mild baby wipe for my leather purses but the patchwork one is a first for me and I don't want to use the wrong thing on it if the time comes when I need to clean it,with it having so many different materials. As you can see from the pic, there's suede,Leather, and some other material.Which is the one I'm iff about

I just got it, it's in brand new condition,No scratches, stains or anything. Most say the mild soap and water is fine,and a suede cleaner, which I have to get, I normally use a mild baby wipe for my leather purses but the patchwork one is a first for me and I don't want to use the wrong thing on it if the time comes when I need to clean it,with it having so many different materials. As you can see from the pic, there's suede,Leather, and some other material.Which is the one I'm iff about
A damp cloth, mild soap and water is fine for all parts. I wouldn't waste money on a suede cleaner. I bought the Kiwi suede cleaner and it hasn't worked on any dirt marks on any suede I own. Soap and water work better. And you can use a dry washcloth to "brush" the suede if necessary, so you don't need a suede brush either.

A damp cloth, mild soap and water is fine for all parts. I wouldn't waste money on a suede cleaner. I bought the Kiwi suede cleaner and it hasn't worked on any dirt marks on any suede I own. Soap and water work better. And you can use a dry washcloth to "brush" the suede if necessary, so you don't need a suede brush either.

Thanks ! I have never had much luck with suede cleaners either.

Hello!

I found this forum online and I can't believe there's this big community of bag lovers I never knew about before! I'm new so I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this question. I hope someone can help me out.

I have the Coach Signature Gabby Tote in black. It is basically the Signature jacquard fabric all over with patent leather straps. I love this tote and have basically used the hell out of it. So far, I've been able to hold off stains by cleaning the inside light purple fabric lining with soap and water anytime it got dirty. The jacquard fabric, however has started to discolor? There is a significant difference between the front of the bag and the back of the bag. The front looks like it went through a dust storm while the back looks like I just bought it. I've tried cleaning it with soap and water with no success. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Hello!

I found this forum online and I can't believe there's this big community of bag lovers I never knew about before! I'm new so I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this question. I hope someone can help me out.

I have the Coach Signature Gabby Tote in black. It is basically the Signature jacquard fabric all over with patent leather straps. I love this tote and have basically used the hell out of it. So far, I've been able to hold off stains by cleaning the inside light purple fabric lining with soap and water anytime it got dirty. The jacquard fabric, however has started to discolor? There is a significant difference between the front of the bag and the back of the bag. The front looks like it went through a dust storm while the back looks like I just bought it. I've tried cleaning it with soap and water with no success. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Can you post some pics so we can see exactly what you mean?

I have several older Coach leather bags that I wanted to rehab..anyone know where to find info here on that? I have heard you can give them a " bath"??
Under Coach Clubhouse on homepage, there's a thread called Coach Rehab. It's about a billion pages long but you can search the thread to find what you want to know. HTH!