HOW TO CLEAN Your Chloe (lining, pen marks, stains)

Cleaning my light paddy for the first time - VOTE on the best way!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had a blue pen mark on my white soft leather coach duffle. I took a Q-tip, dipped it in rubbing alcohol, blotted the Q-tip really well, then GENTLY rubbed it over the pen mark and VOILA. It came out completely. Please try it first on a small part of the bag that you can't see to make absolutely sure it won't damage the leather.

I had a 2 inch pen mark on my mousse paddy (no clue how a pen got that close to my bag) anyway - I used the apple garde leather cleaner. It came off, but, I was scared because it looked like it created a blob - then it dried and it was as good as new - I couldn't even tell where the mark had been.

Proceed cautiously and do what you are comfortable with.

peroxide works on blood stains because it cause hemolysis (break down) of the red blood cells. so unless that pen mark is made out of blood, you should probably not try it yourself.

Hi everyone... this is my first post on this forum, though i have been reading it for a bit and i find it very informative.

I was wondering if anybody could help me out with a little problem i have with my chloe. I got a silverado hobo in chamois but i'm having some problems keeping it clean. it's very sensitive to water and has water marks on it after i wore it while dashing through the rain. does anyone know how to get rid of it or fix it?

thanks!!

azaelea said:
Hi everyone... this is my first post on this forum, though i have been reading it for a bit and i find it very informative.

I was wondering if anybody could help me out with a little problem i have with my chloe. I got a silverado hobo in chamois but i'm having some problems keeping it clean. it's very sensitive to water and has water marks on it after i wore it while dashing through the rain. does anyone know how to get rid of it or fix it?

thanks!!

I have the Silverado in the Whiskey color and boy, the leather is like a sponge when it comes to anything it comes in contact with. I was so paranoid about getting any more watermarks on it (I live in Seattle -- need I say more?) so I used a rain and stain leather protector made by Kiwi and applied about 4 coats of it and FINALLY the bag has water repellancy, whereas before, if it got a mark on it, the mark stayed. I was surprised it took so many applications -- it was like the bag just drank it all up over and over.

You want to be careful using any kind of leather conditioner on your bag b/c it will darken the bag's color. I like the Kiwi product because it doesn't have any conditioners in it. I know that the Appleguard rain and stain does have conditioner in it, so becareful and read your labels.

Good luck and hurry and protect your bag :yes:

Thanks for the advice. I'll order some leather protector right away.

The only thing that I'm concerned about is whether I should wait for the watermarks to fade a little bit before waterproofing it. Am I just paranoid or will the old watermarks be "locked in" after I spray it with waterproofer? I don't want a waterproofed bag with old water spots on it!

I used applegard on my light colored bags and it hasn't changed the color of any of them. (I am also in Seattle so I have to waterproof everything) Azalea, I would wait until the stains faded or went away before using anything otherwise I would be afraid they would be locked in like you said.