HOW TO CLEAN Your Chloe (lining, pen marks, stains)

Cleaning my light paddy for the first time - VOTE on the best way!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi, sorry if this was already mentioned. I was wondering if there's anyway to prevent the underside of the handles on light colored paddys from darkening due to oil and dirt? As soon as I received my Sable paddy, I applied some LMB Pro-Treatment to protect from oil and water. I've used my Sable paddy about twice since then and the underside of the handles are already showing some darkening. Are there any products that can take the dirt out and protect it also?

Try stretching that darkened area of leather out - gently pull it all directions. The darker area is usually the result of dye pigment squishing together after getting wet, and stretching the leather helps to pull the pigment apart and lighten it again.

I really must comment on this. I bought a beautiful choc Betty a short while ago and decided to use a protection cream on her to keep her looking beautiful. As I was carefully applying the cream I didn't notice that another part of the cleaning cloth was smearing an awful lot of cream onto the bag - (how stupid am I???) - I tried to rub in the cream swiftly but it left seriously dark marks. The company I bought it from assured me they would disappear within a couple of days but a week later they were still there. I still loved the Betty but I was kinda sad.....I searched the forum for info and saw the comment above from 'roey' posted over 3 years ago! I 'stretched' the leather by sort of massaging from the interior - stretching the leather slightly in different directions. You can virtually see the marks disappear!!!!!! if anyone has any darker marks on their bag then you must truly try this - it is really amazing!!!! I apologise if this is a well known fact but I am pretty new here and just felt the need to tell the world !!! My Betty has been transformed and I am so so grateful for this info.... thanks for reading this rather long post.... mere girl x:yahoo:

i tryed the cornstarch and baby shampoo trick on my tan paddy handles, while it it did lighten them a bit it did give me a massive heart attack while drying.. took a very long time and for a while there they looked black.. also the cornstarch got stuck down the handle bits.. ended up using some LMB moisturiser afterwards cause the leather looked dried out ill see how they are in a few more hours but all ur handles look amazing !!! and is now no worse than before so mabe once thay dry it will look better again.

Hi all,

This is probably the silliest incident you've heard. I stupidly split a cup of milk into my Chloe bag. I tried washing it with sponge and detergent for 5 times for the past 2 weeks. None works and now the inside of the bag reeks.

Anyone knows how else I should wash the lining? Is it OK to send it to dry cleaner? Please help me... I love my Chloe :crybaby:

The hardware on my Ava is looking a bit darker in certain areas. Are there any recommendations on how to clean/polish it so that it's all bright and shiny again?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Hi all,

This is probably the silliest incident you've heard. I stupidly split a cup of milk into my Chloe bag. I tried washing it with sponge and detergent for 5 times for the past 2 weeks. None works and now the inside of the bag reeks.

Anyone knows how else I should wash the lining? Is it OK to send it to dry cleaner? Please help me... I love my Chloe :crybaby:

Probably a bit late, but (as posted above!) you can normally turn the fabric linings inside out and then handwash them in something like Woolite Color Care, or the equivalent.

Obviously, avoid getting the leather parts wet, though.

Probably a bit late, but (as posted above!) you can normally turn the fabric linings inside out and then handwash them in something like Woolite Color Care, or the equivalent.

Obviously, avoid getting the leather parts wet, though.

I didn't try the Woolite Color Care but I washed the inside with, first, body wash, then baby shampoo, and then detergent. None worked. I thought I wrecked the bag by then. So I sent it to professional cleaner. It took 2 weeks for them to clean and recondition it but it came out looking like new! :yahoo:

I learnt a lot from the disaster. Never to bring a bag and drink! Never!

Ladies I have a big problem. I really love chloe and but another Large Paraty in Nut in December. Now, I took it out yesterday and it was raining a bit, and now I have stains all over. It was only a little bit of rain and I immediately ran to my car. I am very careful with my bags and I am quite pissed that the paraty leather is so sensitive.
Any suggestions what to do now? How can I clean these water stains?

:sad: