How old must one be to wear this bag?

I'd have no idea. It doesn't say kid - not vinyl with Disney characters. And it doesn't say geriatric - not attached to a walker. So I'd just see a black convertible satchel with gold hardware. The age of the person would never jump in my head from this bag.

One other note, I know you didn't ask but I also wouldn't recognize the brand. I'm not familiar with Armani bags and no over the top branding. So it's pretty discreet and under the radar.

Thanks for the feedback.
When a young teen, I'd notice "old" women wearing out-of-style things and I'd swear that would never happen to me. That I would always keep current and know the difference. Ha!
Well, now that I'm "old" I've discovered I can't tell the difference. My DIL bought me blue nail polish to update my look. She also informed me that my son's dress pants were being replaced with trendier slim fitting pants. I thought his full cut, hardly-used pants looked good on him! Ditto with his square toe dress shoes.

Yikes, it's happened! I've crossed the bridge to the other side of the generation gap! The kingdom of Oldem sucks.

I don't walk malls wearing polyester jogging suits (yet) but I might be wearing this era's equivalent, for all I know.

So I've lost confidence in my discernment and needed a little feedback on this bag. I worried it may look a bit like a shiney embossed bag from the 80s. Do you think this bag will still look smart 5 -10 yrs from now?

Oh. And in case you're wondering, I'm 61.

So I've lost confidence in my discernment and needed a little feedback on this bag. I worried it may look a bit like a shiney embossed bag from the 80s. Do you think this bag will still look smart 5 -10 yrs from now?

I didn't associate this bag with an age but I did think it looked dated. There was a thread on the Longchamp forum a couple months ago about certain types of croc looking dated and I think this falls into that category. Outside of that though, I'm with you, I can't really tell if something is trendy or not unless it is really obvious like mini bags and overly embellished bags.

I can see how someone could say the croc looked "older" but I think that's because exotics are more expensive so usually people are out of their 20's when they buy more expensive versions of the bag.

Honestly with people wearing so much vintage I think some throng looking dated os more about the whole outfit. If this was worn with a granny velour jumpsuit and orthopedic sneakers then it would look old. But give it to any instagrammer and they will style it so it looks fresh.

So I think it's about the whole look moreso than any one item. If you want to keep your look fresh find some instgrammers, fashion bloggers eyes who have styles similar to your own (boho, mod, country, chic, glam, etc.) and see how they keep it on trend. :amuse: