How often? How long do you carry the same bag?

I try to change bags once a week, but right now I'm so hooked on my small midnight gathered Sophia that I hate to change out of her...but I know I need to...maybe it's time to break out the small parchment laser cut Op Art Sophia or my new small Sophia in black leather.

I don’t have a collection I have one a Longchamp was a present from my daughter 2 years ago Christmas 2021 I carry this bag every day I don’t think I would be able to switch bags every week or month but that’s just me I don’t like change, I give you girls credit I just think its a lot of work to change your handbag.
And I think that 20-30 handbags would take up a lot of space in your closet or whatever you keep them

It varies a lot; sometimes I switch twice a day like today - first went from work bag to a hobo to go shopping with and now putting my stuff in a LC LPC crossbody as I'm going to a hockey game in the evening. Sometimes I'm so into a bag (or just lazy) that I might carry the same bag for weeks. Usually I switch bag every 2-3 days though.

Reactions: ivdw and Teagaggle
At the beginning of a new season, I prepare a set of bags. I often use the Coach Kira crossbody as a wallet and catch-all for various items. I use this one in larger bags. When I go for a walk or shopping, etc., I leave my big bag in the car and only carry the Kira. Since I have multiple versions, I switch them with the seasons. In spring and summer, I transition to lighter colors.

Reactions: Teagaggle
I use my monthly hair appt as a reminder that it's time to pick a "new main bag and fob for the month!" However, I also make temporary moves into short-term bags during the month for holidays, special occassions, etc.

I use small accessories (wallets, cosmetic bags, pouches, wristlets, etc.) to organize my purse contents and make it easy to switch bags as needed.

One of the handiest small accessories that I use to organize my bags is the pink, microfiber Kate Spade "envelope" at the link below.

I bought for $1.50 at a thrift store more than a decade ago! I didn't even know what it was at the time, but it was cute, cheap, and in "like new" condition.

I later learned that it had been designed to hold photographs, but I use it for receipts, appointment cards, coupons, rain-checks, and other miscellaneous small papers. It really helps to keep my bags neat and it makes it easier for me to find things or to switch bags in a hurry!

Last edited: