How often? How long do you carry the same bag?

I also switch bags and accessories based on outfits. If I'm really into the bag I'm carrying and don't want to switch for several days, then I plan all my outfits for the week to coordinate with that bag.

Usually on the weekends I go lighter, with a Hailey or something that will go crossbody.

I have 40+ Coach bags do I have to switch alot, but I still tend to play favorites quite a bit.

When I get a new bag, I like to use it for a month or two straight. It also gives me a chance to identify any quality issues right away.

I do not change my bags nearly as often as most of you. It depends more on my needs than matching my outfit.

I have less than 20 bags too. Bag change is dependent on event/occasion. Everyday wear merits a leather. Wears better. Going out to dinner I use something dressier. Shopping I use a swing pack.

I have about a dozen full size regular bags. I switch out every 2 or 3 weeks. I have several smaller and vintage bags that I only carry once in awhile. I don't usually switch just because we are going out to dinner or to match an outfit because it is too much trouble to move everything.

I don't really have a big collection either (under 20). But I still use a couple different bags & wallets every week. I switch up depending on my needs for the day or based on my outfits.
This morning I took my kids to the library for story time so i just wore a small swingpack crossbody style so I could be hands free & mobile. Then at night I met up w/ a friend for dinner so I switched to my black Kristin leather clutch.
I'm also curious to know how big collectors rotate bags :smile: I'd be overwhelmed!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

Honey if you have ONE that is a collection
You dont need a certain # to say you have a collection
WORK with what u got !!!! I DO ;)

Wow, When I get a new bag, I carry it until I'm ready to buy another new bag. So I might carry a bag for 3 or 4 months, or longer depending on when I'm ready for a new bag. My wallet and wristlets are the same. I can't imagine changing out my bag every day. Maybe I'm too old..:biggrin:

I switch everyday - occasionally I will carry the same bag for a few days, but usually I switch everyday. Having a purse organizer makes it so easy, takes just a few minutes to switch and put the other one away.

yellowbernie said:
Wow, When I get a new bag, I carry it until I'm ready to buy another new bag. So I might carry a bag for 3 or 4 months, or longer depending on when I'm ready for a new bag. My wallet and wristlets are the same. I can't imagine changing out my bag every day. Maybe I'm too old..:biggrin:

This is how I am too. I've never changed out my bags but I've also never had/wanted a collection of bags. I see nothing wrong with it, just not my thing. Interesting to read how many do though!!! (then again we are on a purse forum) :P

This is how I am too. I've never changed out my bags but I've also never had/wanted a collection of bags. I see nothing wrong with it, just not my thing. Interesting to read how many do though!!! (then again we are on a purse forum) :P

I admire both of you in your resolve to have just one or two bags. I wish I could get to that point but I really like for my bags to coordinate with my outfit. I have twenty five and for me that is just too much. I would like to get down to twelve if possible.

I just purchased the Poppy whipstitch hobo natural and am trying to carry her every day for the patina to form. Sadly we have had foggy weather the past two days.