How much is the most you would spend on a bag you just had to have ?

The most I would probably spend is around $3000 AUD on a single item and I only make one big purchase a year. In other areas of my life I am fairly frugal but I absolutely adore my bags and I love the quality and style of LV. I have got my heart set on a empreinte arsty in ombre next year!:biggrin:

I think for something from the canvas line (Mono or Damier) - my limit would be US$1000. I'm loving the new Empriente line at the moment so would happily buy the Artsy, but that would be the max I would go up to.

The most I would spend on any bag is $2500. That being said I buy many handbags every year and only spend that much on one handbag. All of the other handbags I purchase throughout the year are $1000 or less.

Hum... the "limit" is so subjective and it goes up as I set my eyes on higher price bags... I went from LV now to looking at Hermes... over $100 just isn't going to get me anything.

I do think it depending on what I am buying.

If I purchase prelove bags I will not pay over 1/3 for something that is obviously used and discontinued. For a currently sold at boutique bag, I will not pay over 1/2, if it seems used. I probably pay 75% for something new to like new. However, if it is a LE piece and I really want it, I might be willing to pay more.

I spent about 2300US on a vintage CHANEL flap, the most ever! But I am definitely willing to spend up to 10K on a Birkin one day:shame: As well, my highest LV purchase might be a mirage speedy in bordeaux (2100) but i am still contemplating it!

Hum... the "limit" is so subjective and it goes up as I set my eyes on higher price bags... I went from LV now to looking at Hermes... over $100 just isn't going to get me anything.

No kidding about Hermes. Once you start shopping with them, it is amazing how much "the limit" changes :P

I don't think I'd spend over $2500 for LV personally and even then I'd have to love it. Saying that though, I could easily spend more on other designers. It's weird how my brain works lol!

Last edited:
I have not spent more than $2500 USD for a Louis Vuitton bag. I would spend more if I made a lot more money and I would have NO problems doing so. I love LV more than any other designer brand out there.

I have not spent more than $2500 USD for a Louis Vuitton bag. I would spend more if I made a lot more money and I would have NO problems doing so. I love LV more than any other designer brand out there.

I've spent ~$3800. I will spend whatever I'm willing & can afford for anything I absolutely must have. I don't anticipate spending more than what I already have spent on one bag or LV item - I'm not interested in the Sac Louis and I do not like birkins or anything else by Hermes