How many languages do you speak?

it's amazing how fast you learn new languages when you move to a new country and you don't speak the language they speak there. i moved to sweden and i couldn't speak swedish. i lived there for one year and learned the language completely. i was in a class which were for kids from different countries (most of us couldn't speak swedish at all). it was so wierd that in the first day at school i understod what my teacher said. now i'm forgetting swedish because i don't use it so much anymore. :cry:

I speak English (mother-tongue), have learnt German for 6 1/2 years so I am quite competent, can hold a conversation (but my grammar still needs work) and am about to start learning French. (I did Spanish for a year, but most of that has been forgotten)

English and Mandarin. Gonna pick up Italian as a 3rd language as part of my new year's resolution!

Know a smattering of dialects, but those don't count :P

Fluently two languages - english and german (native). Learning arabic bec my husband's first language - also can speak Italian to the level of getting by nicely, and greek to get by. French and russian - forgot it all - would love to get these up again..