How long do you keep your LV's for...

I keep mine until it bores me. I've bought bags and returned/sold them a week or month later because they didn't suit my needs. Though yes, I do enjoy having the latest collection. I do tend to rotate my bags every month or so to ensure most of them get used.

I keep them forever, never sell my bags. I rotate them frequently and buy new every now and then. Sometimes I want to wear handheld and then go back to a shoulder bag. I love the more classic looks, so I expect to wear these bags for a very long time and then hand them down. I love when a bag looks well cared for, loved through use.

I keep all my bags, I give my mom the bags I know I will never carry (the impulse buys). I just gave her my Damier Azur Speedy and the Damier petit bucket as well as a Gucci bag I no longer carried.

My oldest bag is 12 years old :smile: but I sold a few pieces for I know I wont be using them anymore . Now I am trying to be very carefull of my bags hahahah for better resale value . But I'm keeping the nice one of course to give it to the coming next generation .

I am the latter. Sorry, cause I know most on tpf are collectors.

I buy the latest bags, carry them for that season and then sell and move on to the next season. I do keep 1-2 favourite piece but they won't stay longer than 1.5 years There are too many new bags to look forward to and I have a tendency to carry my new bags and disregard my old one.

However, there will always be a piece of work bag that I'll use regularly and keep for long. First was navilgio, then neverful and now marina GM.

I buy my bags for keeps. I personally prefer the timeless classics and they never look dated. I'm not sure what you mean by vintage, do you just mean plain mono styles that have been around for a long time, like the icon bags(speedy/alma/papillon) or vintage bags that are very old with darkened patina and discontinued? I mostly see the neverfull or the speedy. I very rarely see a cool IT bag but enjoy those moments too. I think you should carry what suits your personal style and taste and not be influenced by what you think you should be carrying. I think IT bags are certainly exciting and attractive, but not for me personally even if they were my price range bec. it's just not my personal comfort level to wear a bag that is so eye catching and attention getting.

Just got rid of my Mc speedy from 2003. I think i'll have my mono speedy forever. its a classic and i'm really enjoying her (more so because she's already broken in) Otherwise I been moving out bags as I get new ones just because i hate seeing all that money sit in the closet. If i'm not rotating a bag in my collection its up on the chopping block when i get a new bag. I gave up my Mc speedy for a H-bag it was a big step for me.

I plan to keep my LV bags forever. I, too, am not a fan of the dark patina on the mono, so I plan to steer clear of those bags...a shame, I know! I buy one LV bag a year for my birthday and plan to pass each and every one down to my nieces if I don't have a daughter of my own one day.