How long do you keep your LV's for...

My oldest LV is 19 years old and I still love it! I got it when I was just an early teen. It is a Noe. I used it a couple years ago on my honeymoon in Italy. It's still going strong! I would never get rid of it nor would I get rid of any bag just because of it's age.

My oldest bag is from 1993- I was in my first year of university when I bought it with hard earned and saved cash (still my way of buying bags) and I hope I never have to sell it! I do not use it often (Noe) but that is more because I need a different style of bag now. Apart from this two more bags I keep out of sentimental reasons others go when I want something else. I generally tend to not rotate bags. At one point I had far too many bags I never used and I felt I needed to "clear up" a bit. But I am not a collector type, it`s the same with clothes.

Great thread!

I have to admit I'm always on the prowl for the next new bag because of the excited feeling I get when I get it, but the "old" bags still get used as well. My collection doesn't really have a great deal of overlaps (like one handheld, shoulder, messenger, evening bag of the same range etc). The only time I'll sell/trade a bag is if the purpose I bought it for no longer exists and that has yet to happen (though a first may happen very soon :P).

I have only been buying for 3 years, so I do not have many and still have all of mine. Most i can not imagine getting rid of. I have to think really hard before I buy. The only one I do not love (I did not love it when I bought it but could not handle the idea of spending twice as much to get the one I really wanted at the time) does not have a really strong resell value. I cannot imagine losing all that money, and it is a great raining day bag, so I will keep it.

I've been buying LV bags for almost 3 years now and I haven't sold anything that I've gotten yet. I only say yet because you never know when something will come up and I might need to sell one or a few! But one day I'll be an old wrinkled granny rockin' my LV bags.

I never thought I would sell any of my bags but just in the last couple of months, I gave away one and sold 3 and have another 2 to sell soon. I realized that if I am not using it or am afraid to use it because it will get dirty (alma and azur speedy), I will probably never use it and may as well sell it.

When I started out 20 years ago...I got the speedy and carried it for 3 1/2 years then got a new one and carried it for about the same...but as time progresses...now I tire of them more easily. Although I just carried a Multipli Cite bag for 3 years...well I had others to carry too. I guess I tire pretty easily. I just got the Beverly GM in like April I think and really like her but I got bored already and bought a Petit Noe this week. I think connecting on the LV boards in early 2003 with Angie the creator and founder of Mypoupette.com has totally helped fuel the desire to change bags much more often.

my oldest is 4 years old and i intend to keep on using her. my plan is if the handles are about to give, i will have it repaired or changed for new handles. i don't really plan to collect (but too early to tell!) but i know that whatever i buy i plan to use and maximize. i guess we also don't see a lot of older LV's around bec since there are so many models around, people tend to buy more than just one and they also tend to rotate? i know i do! :P

I plan to keep the ones I have forever. I sold the styles that did not work for me for some reason or another, and now I'm down to my 3 favorites. They are all classic styles that I know I will enjoy for many years to come. I like a lot of the newer styles, but I am most drawn to the classic pieces.