How long do you keep your LV's for...

LVpug

Jul 28, 2006
How long do you keep an LV bag before you tire of it and want something new? Do any people still carry LV's they purchased 5, 7, 10 plus years ago...or are most people carrying the lastest and greatest?

My oldest bag will be two soon...still rockin her...she is a speedy 30...when I am out I see mostly newer bags never a 10 year old bag so, I began wondering maybe the average person does not use an LV bag for years and years...the marketing now seems like it is geared to change..you need the new "IT" bag...the bag of the moment.....love the older vintage bags but, never see them around:shrugs:...

My bags have a high turn over rate! I buy them, carry them then sell them to get new ones. I get bored of them very easily. There's so many LV to try and new ones are always coming out that I have to have LOL! My favorite bags have been the WC Brown Speedy 30 and Galliera PM. Those 2 are keepers. I don't buy bags to collect or have more bags than can be carried regularly. If it's just sitting in my closet then it's not doing anything for me and must go to a new home.

I plan to love my bags forever! I rotate mine out on a weeky basis so they all get used equally. My oldest bag is only 2 years old (black epi speedy 25), and she is still my greatest LV love.

I would love to buy and keep more but DH has impose a 'BAG COUNT' on me. So, the more I buy, the more I need to dispose. I still have a couple of bags from 2000 and 2003. Those I keep for sentimental reasons. ;)

One of my LV bags I've had for more than 6 years. It was my first LV, and I remember the day I went to the LV boutique to buy it. I don't consider it to be that old, and it's in great shape.

I'm only now considering finding it a new home, but not because I'm tired of it. It's just too small to carry my usual things these days.

I don't have that many LV bags, and I do buy them "for keeps"--I've kept all of them so far.

probably keep them as long as i still carry them and love them...already told the dh they have to go if the vachetta gets really dark and icky...so Iguess that is my lifespan!

It all depends, my oldest bag is from 2004, and I still use it quite frequently. I do however tend to buy bags, and sell them not long after, I get bored with them sometimes.

I keep all of mine, if I buy something I have it until it wears out and can't be used anymore. My oldest LV is my mom's mono shoulder purse, she bought it in the '80s. I think it is the Blois.

I think lv is a classic brand no matter how trendy the bag may be, so as long as its in good condition then never! I only wear my bags every blue moon, not on a daily basis, so they keep up pretty good.