How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
Gosh LA traffic is brutal. I definitely don't miss the fear mongering and relieved that all the nonsensical racist craziness calmed down a bit. This year was brutal. I'm not sure why but that seems to be the case and it just compounds since 2020. We say next year it will get better and it's just gotten worse. I think many just had enuf and basically said eff it and continued with their lives, restrictions and caution be dmned.

I don't think life will return back to how it was once was but I believe there is a silver lining to all off this - remote work is now more widely accepted and we're able to view one another in new light and perspective, given what we've all gone through.

I see the infection numbers are back up again covid, rsv, flu. This time the medical speeches are more the same mask wearing, hand washing, and booster shots. I see less fear mongering about covid throughout social media platforms, and my local news channels. I'm still wearing my mask and when a smelly homeless person got on a elevator everyone who didn't have on a mask was looking like they wanted to faint I just smiled because my nose did not have to endure this unpleasant scent. LOL :lol:

I lost two people close to me due to early covid, one my best friend in the world and the other a close acquaintance I spoke to a few times a week. I lost both my sense of taste and smell for about a year as well. I got lucky, I know others who never got those senses back and others who as I pointed out above are never coming back. Now a new strain is happening out my way and I know at least a dozen people who were exposed to it. It's very very bad out here and worries me more each day, not as much for myself as for those close to me.

I lost two people close to me due to early covid, one my best friend in the world and the other a close acquaintance I spoke to a few times a week. I lost both my sense of taste and smell for about a year as well. I got lucky, I know others who never got those senses back and others who as I pointed out above are never coming back. Now a new strain is happening out my way and I know at least a dozen people who were exposed to it. It's very very bad out here and worries me more each day, not as much for myself as for those close to me.
I'm sorry to hear that you lost two people to this horrible virus. Would you believe my doctor just made a ignorant comment to me asking how long am I going to continue to keep wearing a mask? And my witty response back was as long as my mask wearing keeps annoying you. LOL. :lol:

I'm sorry to hear that you lost two people to this horrible virus. Would you believe my doctor just made a ignorant comment to me asking how long am I going to continue to keep wearing a mask? And my witty response back was as long as my mask wearing keeps annoying you. LOL. :lol:
LMAO, that's the best response I've heard yet. Out here my dr knows it's getting worse so he tends to wear a mask himself more often than not. He masks up if coming close to a patient but takes the mask off to talk to us if at a distance. He just may be the smartest dr I've ever had.

LMAO, that's the best response I've heard yet. Out here my dr knows it's getting worse so he tends to wear a mask himself more often than not. He masks up if coming close to a patient but takes the mask off to talk to us if at a distance. He just may be the smartest dr I've ever had.
I dont plan on stop wearing a mask anytime soon

Looks like the CDC updated the guidelines for people who test positive for covid. At this point I don't think a large majority of people are following these guidelines anymore. Yes common sense would be to stay home if you have a temperature and body aches but realistically this is not happening. I know a similar guideline was suggested for fully vaccinated people at the height of the pandemic. I'm still masking, lysol spraying down my desks and computer keyboard, still using hand sanitizers and keeping my immune system healthy.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cdc-covid-recommendations-isolation-masks-tests/Screenshot_20240303_085521_Chrome.jpg