How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
For the life of me the pollen count is high and on my local news I'm seeing reports of people suffering from bad allergies including myself. Keeping my mask on has tremendously cut down on irritants getting in my nose and throat and yes I have cut down popping allergy pills that after awhile doesn't work for me. So it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. But I will continue to get mask shamed but I don't give a DAMN!!!!
are you getting mask shamed? That’s so rude of people. Why do they care? I’m in stores with people who have masks and don’t and I try to be respectful of them wearing a mask. I would never say anything about it, it’s none of my business. I had people tell me or shame me when masking so I would never do that to another person.

Most of my doctors offices are still enforcing mask wearing. If you don't have one they are issuing you one when you walk into the office.
Most of our doctors' offices are no longer requiring masks. I took my mom to her oncologist today and had to ask the four different people that she came in contact with to please wear a mask. They will do it on request, but really, the patients there all have cancer and are on immunosuppressant drugs, don't you think wearing a mask would be the smart thing to do for your patients? Even getting a cold can be a problem for them.

Most of our doctors' offices are no longer requiring masks. I took my mom to her oncologist today and had to ask the four different people that she came in contact with to please wear a mask. They will do it on request, but really, the patients there all have cancer and are on immunosuppressant drugs, don't you think wearing a mask would be the smart thing to do for your patients? Even getting a cold can be a problem for them.
This....if nothing else, hasn't this made us all aware that we can make each other sick from any of many things, and that we should take care around anyone vulnerable?

Covid is still a thing. I got it for the second time and this time my dad caught it too. My SIL visited us and was feeling under the weather it progressed every day she was here. Then the next morning after going home she texts me that she tested positive for covid.

I tested myself the same day and was negative. Wore a mask ran some errands and stocked up on food just incase. The next morning I felt more congested than normal and a start of a sore throat. I decided to test again and it was positive. Luckily it was more mild than the last time. I don't know if it's just a milder strand or because I had it before. I also stocked up on immunity shots and was taking one a day. I don't know if it really helped but I like to believe it did lol. I am vaccinated the first 3 shots but never got the newer one that contains the different strain. Ironically I was thinking able getting it because we were going to a concert but never got around to it.

My dad was lucky the first time I had it he didn't catch it. This time he caught it and what made it even scarier is he just had his second back surgery a week and a half before and is still recovering from it. He also had mild symptoms as well. He was coughing a bit and slept a lot more than normal. His memory (which has been going downhill since going through radiation last year) seemed to be worse. We even had to reschedule his follow-up for his back surgery. Luckily he is healing well and the post op follow-up was good. He is notably moving around better/easier than before the surgery.

I have eased up on mask wearing this year. It was weird to wear one again after having covid. I definitely got some dirty looks for wearing it from randos. I'm surprised to hear that some hospitals are still requiring masks. It has eased up majorly here they ask for you to wear one if you're sick/have symptoms. I was shocked when we went to my dad's 6 month follow-up and they were no longer requiring masks at the oncologist office. They seemed to require it longer than others but eventually stopped.

Covid is still a thing. I got it for the second time and this time my dad caught it too. My SIL visited us and was feeling under the weather it progressed every day she was here. Then the next morning after going home she texts me that she tested positive for covid.

I tested myself the same day and was negative. Wore a mask ran some errands and stocked up on food just incase. The next morning I felt more congested than normal and a start of a sore throat. I decided to test again and it was positive. Luckily it was more mild than the last time. I don't know if it's just a milder strand or because I had it before. I also stocked up on immunity shots and was taking one a day. I don't know if it really helped but I like to believe it did lol. I am vaccinated the first 3 shots but never got the newer one that contains the different strain. Ironically I was thinking able getting it because we were going to a concert but never got around to it.

My dad was lucky the first time I had it he didn't catch it. This time he caught it and what made it even scarier is he just had his second back surgery a week and a half before and is still recovering from it. He also had mild symptoms as well. He was coughing a bit and slept a lot more than normal. His memory (which has been going downhill since going through radiation last year) seemed to be worse. We even had to reschedule his follow-up for his back surgery. Luckily he is healing well and the post op follow-up was good. He is notably moving around better/easier than before the surgery.

I have eased up on mask wearing this year. It was weird to wear one again after having covid. I definitely got some dirty looks for wearing it from randos. I'm surprised to hear that some hospitals are still requiring masks. It has eased up majorly here they ask for you to wear one if you're sick/have symptoms. I was shocked when we went to my dad's 6 month follow-up and they were no longer requiring masks at the oncologist office. They seemed to require it longer than others but eventually stopped.
Happy to read that both you and your father made a speedy recovery. When I caught covid earlier this year as soon as I felt the body aches I took off from work. This was exactly three days from attending a large indoor family gathering and no ventilation. My mistake not wearing my mask continuously. I think this strain was a weaker version I had no cough or shortness of breath. What's more upsetting for me is relatives that had the symptoms attended anyway. A super spreader event where I made the phone calls to let people know I was sick and other party attendees not doing the same. I do not understand why any medical facility that's treating patients with weakened immune system wouldn't mask up. :sad:

I completely stopped wearing it after my parents and grandmother stopped wearing it(I've been masking for their sake).

Funny story.. we hired one lady during covid.. and I haven't seen her face at all for the 3 years.. I went over to her team's office to drop off something. She was at her desk without the mask on. I had to stare at her for couple minutes because I was wondering who she was and why she was sitting at the new person's desk? And because usually we are given heads up on who's new?

I think my home test kits have expired. Are you guys going in to get tested with symptoms?

I completely stopped wearing it after my parents and grandmother stopped wearing it(I've been masking for their sake).

Funny story.. we hired one lady during covid.. and I haven't seen her face at all for the 3 years.. I went over to her team's office to drop off something. She was at her desk without the mask on. I had to stare at her for couple minutes because I was wondering who she was and why she was sitting at the new person's desk? And because usually we are given heads up on who's new?

I think my home test kits have expired. Are you guys going in to get tested with symptoms?
My last covid test I had to take because of a medical procedure no symptoms. Right now because most covid policies have dropped I definitely have to ask if I have to pay a co-payment for in office swab the test is still free through my employer. My covid sick time was eliminated now FMLA time has to be taken and right now there's a new upper respiratory virus going around symptoms almost similar to covid but the medical profession is calling it another name.

• Sad
Reactions: cheremushki
My SIL seemed fine the first day. The day they came they took a red eye, she and my niece took a nap lol, then we had our concert at 8 pm and didn’t even get home until 1 am. The next day was when she started not feeling well. We just figured it’s jetleg from the day before and they’re from the west coast so a 2 hour time difference too. Then day by day she kept feeling worse, the day she went home was the day she felt the worst.

I was pretty surprised that the oncologist stopped the mask requirement for the same reasons you said the patients are immune compromised. It makes no sense.

I did home testing. I now regret not getting more tests before the emergency order ended and my insurance covered them. Now I’ll have to pay to get more tests when I run out. My work ended their Covid pay December last year. We’re still requiring to take 5 days off but we have to use our sick-vacation time if we want to get paid or take it unpaid. Then we have to wear a mask the next 5 days we’re back. I did but the majority of people who had Covid do not comply with the second part and no real enforcement for it either. It’s a bit of a mixed bag my employer was much more generous than most when it came to Covid pay and it was absolutely abused. But it’s still unfair for employees who are genuinely sick being forced to use their sick/vacation time to cover the time off. I feel like theres no real incentive for people to test any more and now they’ll just come to work sick because they want to save their time off for what they want to do.

I agree but I guess they have the pre-Covid mentality or just think it’s all gone now. I’ve been to two different urgent care facilities and one required masks. I haven’t been to a hospital in the past year but last year everyone had to wear one. Most people where I live don’t wear one. I see a couple of people wearing masks in a week.

Reactions: mzbaglady1

We bought some tests a few weeks before they stopped being free. There is a sticker on the boxes that says to ignore the expiration dates on the foil packages inside! If you look at those, they are all expired. I don't know if they used the wrong foil packages or if they decided the tests actually last longer than originally thought.

We bought some tests a few weeks before they stopped being free. There is a sticker on the boxes that says to ignore the expiration dates on the foil packages inside! If you look at those, they are all expired. I don't know if they used the wrong foil packages or if they decided the tests actually last longer than originally thought.
They last longer than originally thought. They were conservative at first because they had to pick an expiration date without actual time having gone past. Each test has a positive control, so you can always tell when you run it if it is working. If you get no lines at all, then it is a bad test, one line means the test is working and you don’t have Covid, and two lines means you do have Covid.