How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
This is sad. The guy attended a party after SIP for three months because he thought it was safe. Turns out one of his friends knew he had COVID-19 and also went to the party because he didn't think he was contagious. The first guy had a lot of health issues that made him high risk and he caught it and died. It could have been avoided if only the people involved understood: 1) having a party isn't important; 2) going to a party isn't important; 3) risking the lives of others around you because you want to go to a party is selfish and wrong.

This is sad. The guy attended a party after SIP for three months because he thought it was safe. Turns out one of his friends knew he had COVID-19 and also went to the party because he didn't think he was contagious. The first guy had a lot of health issues that made him high risk and he caught it and died. It could have been avoided if only the people involved understood: 1) having a party isn't important; 2) going to a party isn't important; 3) risking the lives of others around you because you want to go to a party is selfish and wrong.

Wow, what a sad story.
This week end is going to be a doozy. People are restless. There are parties in my neighborhood every night...
It is getting hard for me to stop my teenager from partying... At least they are out on the beach but still....

• Sad
Reactions: 2manychins and 880
Everyone should view the media with a skeptical, jaded eye. I don’t believe there is a news outlet left in existence anywhere that just reports the news as it happens. All news is subject to the agendas and biases of the individual outlet. If a story doesn’t fit with the views of the outlet it doesn’t get aired/published. If the story is so big it can’t be ignored than it is reported with the narrative heavily skewed.
Amen!

Reactions: Kylacove
The thing I've seen is that we are supposed to wear masks indoors in public places. If you are outside having a walk and there isn't a crowd, you don't have to. I'm in one of the counties they are shutting back down. When we go outside, I carry my mask just in case. We've avoided going to public places since March.

My dentist sent out a message that they are now open but they won't see anyone who has a cough or fever. I have a chronic cough from asthma. I haven't stopped coughing for 20 years. I wonder if they'll make an exception.
Just went to the Dentist and I have allergies/cough. They'll take your temperature...just let them know you have asthma and you should be fine!

So the other day I went to the dealership to get my car serviced and I was beyond annoyed most of the employees were either wearing their masks wrong (under their nose or hanging off their ears) or not wearing them at all. I can understand if the guys in the garage not wearing them since the garbage is pretty open air. The guy who pulled my car around didn’t have a mask on. And I over heard the guy at the desk who checked me in tell another customer that his wife had covid. It made me very uncomfortable to say the least. I actually wore my mask in my car on the way home after that.

So the other day I went to the dealership to get my car serviced and I was beyond annoyed most of the employees were either wearing their masks wrong (under their nose or hanging off their ears) or not wearing them at all. I can understand if the guys in the garage not wearing them since the garbage is pretty open air. The guy who pulled my car around didn’t have a mask on. And I over heard the guy at the desk who checked me in tell another customer that his wife had covid. It made me very uncomfortable to say the least. I actually wore my mask in my car on the way home after that.
I wouldve worn my mask home as well & probably even sprayed my interior with disinfectant spray.

I wouldve worn my mask home as well & probably even sprayed my interior with disinfectant spray.

I also wiped down the seat and basically anything that they could have touched inside my car the next day. I didn’t feel like doing it that night because I scheduled it after work I just wanted to shower and have dinner and it was so freaking hot out I didn’t want to get all sweaty after taking a shower.

This is my worry. One of my cars is due for service as well. I'll have sanitizing wipes with me when I pick it up so I can wipe the interior surfaces that I will touch and wear a mask on the drive home as well.

Reactions: kalitine and 880
I'm jealous of the people who lose weight when they are stressed. I'm the opposite.
I've been eating my emotions. I wish stress would suppress my appetite. Ice cream is my weakness. Starting this month, I've banned it from my kitchen and am meal prepping with a personal chef. My only indulgence is when I go to a food and wine pairing for my sister's birthday in a few weeks.