How does your husband (or significant other) feel about your bag fetish?

How does your significant other feel about your bags?

• Clueless: Can't tell an LV from a bag from Walmart

• Tolerates them

• Have to hide the bag and the packages from my partner

• My partner has more bags than me

Results are only viewable after voting.
Kathy K.....if you husband is into tools, why don't you ask him why he has so many different kinds of screwdrivers. After all, a screwdriver is a screwdriver. :rolleyes: Gets my husband every time...

He swears that his mother has a bag just like my balenciaga city bag that she bought at the dollar store:cursing:

But as much as he teases me about my bags, his only real concern is that they make me happy:love:

I'm with you, Compass Rose! My husband criticizes me for having too much in my closet (I don't think I do!:amuse:). But when he did this last time, for buying a new wool coat--I admit, I have a lot of jackets--I casually reminded him that having a few jackets doesn't compare to having 5 brand new motorcycles--two of them bought w/in 12 months of each other and costing almost $40K just for those two.

With bags, as with most items, he is into quality. He doesn't mind me buying a bag as long as I get rid of those he thinks are cheaper. He bought me a Balenciaga for Christmas and a Paige for my birthday 10 days before so he knows how much these cost. I know I'll be hearing about them for a while! I used to hide how much things cost before. But I think he's onto me now!

Heh, "tolerates" is a good word. My husband (what does PHH mean?) isn't thrilled, but he has tolerated my past passions and hobbies, too. We both are relatively high earners, though, so that plays a part. I don't complain about his Allen Edmonds shoes or his rarely-used Titlelist clubs.

PHH = Purse hating husband, courtesy of Jill, I think. :nuts:

My husband is confused why any woman would need more than 1 or 2 bags... but he tolerates my purchases. Well, he did buy me my first LV bag, so he is partly to blame... :P I said 1 bag a year, and I went over that,... uhmm... many times... well tPF is to blame there... When I said to him I was considering yet another bag (the 6th in 7 months), DH was very adamant that I leave that to next year. But I was really shocked when a couple of days later, he turned around and said, "If you really want it and it makes you happy, just buy it". But unfortunately, the guilt had set in, and I settled for a LV shawl instead....

If there was a choice the he supports it, that would be what I'd pick.

He buys bags for me on special occasions. He takes me to see them. He makes sure I don't go overboard or make an impulse purchase.

Im new to this 'handbag' game, for no reason theyre all i seem to want at the moment! Everyone seems to be against me! Family/boyfriend say its a waste of money, you can only wear one at a time etc. Are they right? Is it like buying a car that instantly looses money? Or do bags hold value? Eek,help me!! :cry:

Saucy sarah: Most, if not all, bags are not an investment like putting money in the bank however if they make you feel more confident etc. and help you advance in say a career then one could say that they are a type of investment! You could call it an investment in yourself! I say they are something frivolous that makes you feel good and so long as you are being financially responsible then it isn't hurting anyone. And everyone has something that they love and spend needless money and time on whether it's too many handbags, pairs of jeans, tools, electronics, cds... well, you get my point. This is why the PF is here, for us obsessing women (and men) who love bags and want to share it with someone who understands.

Having said that... my dh is very supportive of my new obsession. He realizes that men and women are not wired alike and while he loves power tools and things like snow mobiles, I like handbags and shiny things! He probably won't ever spend over a few hundred on a bag for me but he does do little things like buying Coach charms etc. He also shows interest in new bags that I've brought home and listens as I spy bags when we're out. He's actually a lot of fun and I sincerely appreciate him!

I have the quintessential PHH (Purse Hating Hubby). It isn't that he hates purses themselves, just that he's one of those guys who doesn't understand why you need more than one of anything (aside from from shirts and underwear).