How does your husband (or significant other) feel about your bag fetish?

How does your significant other feel about your bags?

• Clueless: Can't tell an LV from a bag from Walmart

• Tolerates them

• Have to hide the bag and the packages from my partner

• My partner has more bags than me

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mine is clueless and can be resentful of the money spent. Granted, I don't have a lot and they are all Coach bags, but we had to scrimp for me to have them. He doesn't have an expensive hobby that I can compare it to either.

<sigh>

I try not to have nasty purse envy when I read about those of you who can afford Baleciagas and Bottega Venetas.

i don't have a dh or significant other but my mother who i am very close to hates it. we fight about it all the time. she does not understand why one bag from a certain designer is not enough and just does not get it. it's making things very strained right now and very uncomfortable and makes me feel very guilty.

He thinks I've lost my mind! :nuts:
Seriously, he brought me the Atlanta Journal paper this morning and there was an editorial written by a reporter from Philadelphia. (Female) She was dogging women that spend money on purses as a status thing. She mentioned a lot about "Bag, Borrow, and Steal". Maybe it appeared in other newspapers around the country as well. Look and see-it was worth a laugh!:yahoo:

Hmm, times they are a changing. It's hard when the husband is no longer the primary breadwinner in the house.
It's likely in ours that I will always bring in more money. Barring the lottery, of course. Currently he's temping and I cover most of the household expenses and all the the emergency ones. But I make sure that he can purchase stuff for his hobbies and that he gets the games and expensive electronics that he wants. But he does seem to resent my purses. And I know his mother does.
He mentioned that perhaps I should start culling my collection...
Now, that was a bad conversation, especially since he has boxes that he hasn't unpacked since we moved in 3 years ago.

I just ask him......even after all the LV I have, he still says "I don't know." Of course, maybe he's giving me a quick answer b/c football is on :lol: I've learned not to ask any serious questions when footballs on b/c even if I said "the ceilings caving in and about to fall on me" I may get "Ok." :sad: ;)

My DH is totally into it!!

He has two gorgeous Ghurka bags that he uses for work so he gets the quality and special aspects of owning really finely crafted wares.

My vote is ammended to say he BUYS more bags I than I do-- cause he buys them for me :graucho:

He honestly doesnt really care. Which is good, because I dont care about his PS2 obsession either.. :smile:

So as long as he keeps up with his video game addiction, then my accessories addiction is no problem!!

My DH doesn't get it - he doesn't understand how a handheld in different leathers/materials serves different purposes! Sigh...
But, we do bring in about the same amount of money so he can't really complain - it's a habit I can afford :smile: