How do you wear your watch? Loose or snug?

How do you wear your watch?

• Loose like a bracelet

• Fitted

Results are only viewable after voting.
I like my two tone tank francaise a little loose but not too loose. Currently, I can move it just a teeny bit back and forth on the wrist and that’s perfect.
However, I like my tank must with leather straps to have a snug but comfortable fit. So I prefer a snug fit for a leather strap, and slightly looser fit for a metal strap.

Yes! You may know this already, but you can adjust it at home in micro amounts via the clasp adjustment notches, so if one day your wrist is a little more swollen or one day it’s a little slimmer (or if you want to change wrists), you can do so easily. I use XL wooden toothpick looking things meant to to make skewers to adjust mine at home. Tines of a fork will work, but if you slip it will scratch the metal.
Ok, I was going to try this (watched youtube videos) and then we had a very warm day here (suddenly 80 degrees) and my watch was much tighter so I'm leaving it for now. I'm a sweller! :P

• Love
Reactions: nicole0612
A lot of the time I wear a strap watch with an alligator strap which fits properly, but my wrists swell in the summer(I’m allergic to stainless steel so all of my watches are solid gold or sterling silver), so during the summer I wear a sterling silver bracelet watch that’s loose.

A lot of the time I wear a strap watch with an alligator strap which fits properly, but my wrists swell in the summer(I’m allergic to stainless steel so all of my watches are solid gold or sterling silver), so during the summer I wear a sterling silver bracelet watch that’s loose.
surprised you say you're allergic to stainless....I'm allergic to nickel but stainless doesn't bother me

surprised you say you're allergic to stainless....I'm allergic to nickel but stainless doesn't bother me
Yes, I can’t wear Any base metal next to my skin.

I’ve owned a steel diamond dial Tag Heuer and a diamond Frederique Constant, but had to sell both as I couldn’t wear them next to my skin.

I can’t wear a full bracelet white gold watch either, or 18ct white gold rings or earrings (only platinum).
I have 2 18ct white gold strap watches which seem to be ok.

I used to own a mechanical Blancpain , but kept overwinding it, so sold it-unfortunately they no longer make the automatic version.

I also owned a platinum Cartier “smallest watch in the world”, but sold that back to Cartier for their museum.