Scarves How do you store your scarves?

^^^ Is that an open cabinet or drawers? I wouldn't want to leave them open without some protection on top

These are wide and shallow drawers (1.00 x 0.50 meters).
I just love to walk into my dressing room, pull the drawers out and be able to see all my beauties at one glance. Doors can always be added to the drawer cabinet, but so far it seems to be just fine without.

These are wide and shallow drawers (1.00 x 0.50 meters).
I just love to walk into my dressing room, pull the drawers out and be able to see all my beauties at one glance. Doors can always be added to the drawer cabinet, but so far it seems to be just fine without.

Ahh ok, that's great....looks like draughtsmen drawers, I've always wanted one of those

I was just wondering what you all find to be the best way to store your scarves? I know that some keep them in their boxes with the tissue and I then I had read that ladies keep them in protective sleeves. Since I know that silk is a natural material and we all know how moths LOVE natural fibres, I do not want then to get them at my scarves like they have my cashmere...:sad:. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I keep mine in their boxes.It is a real pain getting them in and out.I too worry about moths and carpet beetles. Which I have seen just about everywhere.you have to look really close to see them,tiny tiny little fuzzy guys very hard to notice usually around base boards and window sills. Like moths it's the larva that do the damage so I keep lavender in my closets.I find cedar lose it's punch after short periods,Apparently for carpet beetles the best way to keep them away is to vacuum.They come in from outside and live. The larva eat just about everything cotton ,silk,hair . I suggest to google them.So far I have been lucky I vacuum all the time.I would like to try the clear envelopes but I fear damage to the silk or cashmere:sad:

toonie, i got boards shorter than the envelopes, but i don't recall whether i ordered a specific size that was already offered or specified a special size when i was on the phone with them. these are the ones that are the same size as the envelopes i used, and you can just ask them to cut them an inch short ~ which i recommend, because the silk is a lot of bulk in these so cutting down on extra contents is a good thing.

by the way, i also suggest ordering a roll of clear tape ~ with the bulk of the textile and many (MANY) openings and closings of these envelopes, i found the glue holding the envelope to the window failing along the top seam of quite a few. so i've just reinforced them all with clear archival tape and no more problem ~ just one strip of tape along the seam and wrapped around to the back side to make it look neat.

Stiffener Boards For Side Opening Envelopes

Cat # Description Size 1 or more 3 or more Qty
SEB91S 1 Pkg. of 10 9 1/2 x 11 3/4 $4.70 $4.25

Thanks ladies...still unsure of how I am going to store mine. I really want to keep them in their boxes but fear the moths and the carpet beetles. So maybe keeping lavender right with them I shall try or maybe the archival envelopes....or I just don't know.....sooo confused:confused1::confused1: