How do Clic Clac Bracelets Wear Over Time?

Ammietwist, Pepper, mrssparkles, and park56, your responses are helpful. Will Hermes replace or repair sections of enamel? If H does not repair these bracelets, I probably need to stay away from them.

something I've learnt - try your best to not drop your clic clac as it makes the hinge loose. This happened to mine and I have had to send it off for reparation. Other than that I think it's a durable piece, as I had worn mine stacked with some other bracelets every day for months before I had dropped it and had no issue.

Ammietwist, Pepper, mrssparkles, and park56, your responses are helpful. Will Hermes replace or repair sections of enamel? If H does not repair these bracelets, I probably need to stay away from them.

They will repair:

Thank you, Tillie and Lala. I am quite happy with my new Prune, even though I am looking for iris in anything...
HermèsFSH: from the pics at least, it looks like the Burgundy 75, no contest!
BTW, (I am sure everyone on tPF knows that, I didn't) but you can change the enamel part of your clic clac (at least at FSH), 90 Euros for the narrow width, probably more for the larger sizes in case the enamel is damaged, or you are simply bored with the colour and want a new one.

Quoted from here:
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-c...s-of-hermes-h-clic-clac-bracelets-345843.html

I bought my first clic clac three years ago and have worn it every day with other clic clacs and my watch and never had any issues with the enamel chipping. I have two kiddos that I chase after every day too so it's not to say that I "baby" my bracelets. I'm very happy with the quality and will be getting more clic clacs! Hope that helps you!!

Scratches will be the most common problem, but the enamel can chip, and the entire section can fall off. I was in the store once when a woman was returning one because the whole side fell off the first week.

With the one that I wore (the other two haven't left their boxes), I did get a small pencil-point chip on the bottom of the enamel section, but thankfully it's not noticeable.

That's terrible. Feel really sorry for that lady. I don't have any enamel chipping problem with my clic-clac. Agree with the scratches on hardware, but it's a natural thing when you wear and enjoy something. So I don't care about it at all.

Ranag, your input is appreciated. Do you notice any chipping of the enamel? Could a whole piece of enamel fall off? Thanks.

I have never had the enamel chip on any of my clic clac bracelets, and I have 17 of them in various widths and hardware colors. Not a single one has ever had a problem. Sometimes the palladium or gold part gets some minor scratches, but nothing major.

The only problem I have had is with the regular (non clic clac) enamels. On one of them the palladium trim is falling off the bracelet.

Last edited:
Reactions: mycorreia
Mine hasn't had issues either and I've had it for about 2 weeks now. I did abuse it one weekend and it came out just fine! I actually still have the plastic cover on the hinge part. No tarnishing either. Right now I'm on the hunt for bracelets to go with it.

I just bought a Blue India clic clac and it's good to know that they will do repairs. I forgot to ask the SA that when I got mine.

I've had mine for about a month and so far it is holding up. I wear mine almost everyday since I got it.

I
The only problem I have had is with the regular (non clic clac) enamels. On one of them the palladium trim is falling off the bracelet.

Me too, Ranag. I took it back three times to have it repaired, and in the end, resorted to a little repair work myself. That's the only issue I've ever had.

I found one as an early birthday gift on ebay. Bought it from authentic_lvlady. I'll post a picture soon. The color appears to be vert anis, but it is slightly lighter than my vert anis slgoods. Maybe someone will know the color.

Here are the pics. The green tone is a pale green. The stamp is F.

Attachments

• DSC_1666.JPG
    DSC_1666.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 3,556
  • DSC_1668.JPG
    DSC_1668.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 3,643
  • DSC_1669.JPG
    DSC_1669.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 3,606