HOW can you let this happen . . ???

Well...I look at that old and run-down bag a bit differently, maybe because I have a few 30-year-old bags in my closet!

Seriously. My first Coach bag was purchased in the summer of 1976. Every time I look at or carry that bag I remember that shopping trip with my mother. Having gone to Catholic school all my life, I needed tons of clothes when it was time to go away to college. During that marathon one week shopping session we picked out a very simple and basic Coach purse for me to take to school. I remember my father conditioning it, along with all my shoes, for me the night before I finished packing, and giving it to me with tears in his eyes when he was finished. It's the bag I was carrying when my husband proposed, and when I walked up the steps of the Capitol for my first day of work. Like me, the years have made their mark on her--there are some scuffs, a few water spots, and a small ink stain. But she has 'pride of place' in my closet among all my bags, and every now and again I take her out, recondition her again, and wear her for a day or two. Just to remember.

AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for sharing that story!! I want all my Coach bags make it to 30!! haha

I guess I am one to "baby" my Coach bags. Like tomorrow for instance. I am switching to my cheap bag because I am going to the zoo. Never in a million years would I take a Coach to the zoo. I mean... what if a camel sneezes on it or something!!! :cry: I also have women at work that insist on touching my bag. I get "ohhh is that a Coach?" then they pick it up!!! I just want to smack their hand away! But then I think, jeeze it isn't like she was trying to grab your butt or anything! :P

I guess I am one to "baby" my Coach bags. Like tomorrow for instance. I am switching to my cheap bag because I am going to the zoo. Never in a million years would I take a Coach to the zoo. I mean... what if a camel sneezes on it or something!!! :cry: I also have women at work that insist on touching my bag. I get "ohhh is that a Coach?" then they pick it up!!! I just want to smack their hand away! But then I think, jeeze it isn't like she was trying to grab your butt or anything! :P

OMG!!! I HATE that too!! DO NOT TOUCH THE BAG...STEP AWAY!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOL

I have times I switch to a cheap bag, too. Tomorrow I'm hopping the train to head to Boston. No way am I using a good bag on the train--to much chance of a big scratch! I picked up a $20 number from Target and I've packed the good bag safely in my carry-on.

It's always good to have one cheap bag!

I have times I switch to a cheap bag, too. Tomorrow I'm hopping the train to head to Boston. No way am I using a good bag on the train--to much chance of a big scratch! I picked up a $20 number from Target and I've packed the good bag safely in my carry-on.

It's always good to have one cheap bag!
yeah, but you should see my cheap bag! it is soooo bad!!! lol!!!

Oh my god, that is so rude!! None of my friends would ever do that to one of my bags, and we're all in college/high school!!