HOW can you let this happen . . ???

Like others have said, I am glad she had a REAL Coach bag and was proud to use it. I agree that I would have chosen a darker leather bag for an everyday tote, but to each their own.

I do baby my bags, but that is more for me being a germophobe than to keep the bag pristine. I am aware that bags get used and get worn out at some point. But I personally don't like putting a bag on a bathroom counter (or FLOOR :wtf:) or restaurant floor and then putting it under my arm close to my body. It just gives me the heebee-jeebies. But I guess that's no one's problem except my own!

It is their money and their bag and I guess they can treat it however suits them.

I agree...I guess we all have our little quirks. I would hate for someone to tell me what to do with my bags or anything else I have purchased. We all love in our own little way.:yes:

lol, i don't lay out paper towels but i don't thrown them on the floor either. i know they are good quality so i don't baby them. they do look good and bathroom situations are way different... and rain...

I try to be careful with my bags, but I don't go crazy over them if they get a little dirty. If they get dirty...I CLEAN THEM!! It does make me crazy to see dirty filthy bags that could simply be cleaned. If I'm carrying a white or very light bag, I'll clean any marks before I put it away at night. My fabric bags go to my amazing dry cleaner when they start to look a little dingy. When I see people with really disgusting bags, it makes me wonder what the rest of their world must be like. Ewww.

I baby my bags and would even put the dust bag over my white bags when I go somewhere it might get dirty. I have to envy people who really *use* their bags...I think it's great to have that freedom!

When I see someone who has a purse that is totally ruined IMO I think WOW that person probably has one Coach and is so proud of that purse they carry it everywhere with them. I think it's more of a case that most of us have so many bags that we change them more often and therefore they don't get as dirty. I feel like these people are so in love or proud that they don't look at the whole what happens if my bag get dirty. I own so many that I could never ruin one...plus I worry so much about the purse I won't even carry a pen in one. I think it has to do with your level of buying. I treat my purse like it's a prized object but than again I can. I think we need to be proud and happy for the person who buys a Coach or any other brand and carries them with pride and let's the world know that they have this Coach and love it. Then in cases of those who just don't care...they should be trouble for not caring. I believe a purse is something to treasure. I also believe a purse is better dirty than fake...so props to them for carrying a real purse.

yeah it's great she has a real Coach and loves it to death but c'mon now...it totally ruins your look. Just like if you have a favorite pair of shoes and wear them so much the leather is scuffed and heels are worn down? Yuck!!

Well...I look at that old and run-down bag a bit differently, maybe because I have a few 30-year-old bags in my closet!

Seriously. My first Coach bag was purchased in the summer of 1976. Every time I look at or carry that bag I remember that shopping trip with my mother. Having gone to Catholic school all my life, I needed tons of clothes when it was time to go away to college. During that marathon one week shopping session we picked out a very simple and basic Coach purse for me to take to school. I remember my father conditioning it, along with all my shoes, for me the night before I finished packing, and giving it to me with tears in his eyes when he was finished. It's the bag I was carrying when my husband proposed, and when I walked up the steps of the Capitol for my first day of work. Like me, the years have made their mark on her--there are some scuffs, a few water spots, and a small ink stain. But she has 'pride of place' in my closet among all my bags, and every now and again I take her out, recondition her again, and wear her for a day or two. Just to remember.

I don't necessarily "baby" my bags, but then again I really only have coach's leather. I stay away from the scarf prints (even though I LOVE LOVE LOVE the most recent one) and signature because I feel like I would have to be a little more careful than I am with their leather. Coach is so durable! I will set my bag on the ground at my own house or my friends, at work (under my desk), but not in a restaurant or other public place . . . .

BUT I when I do see a dirty coach bag, I think, why would they allow that to happen?! I guess maybe because I couldn't imagine spending so much of my own hard earned money on something only to let it deteriorate so much?

I gifted my sis a handmade bag. When the thread came undone, she asked me to fix it for her. She was embarrassed, the bag had tons and tons of candy wrappers, loose mints, even raw peanuts at the bottom LOL!!! The way I looked at it, I was sooo pleased that my sister was using it every day and getting so much out of it. So abuse can also = lotsa love.

For myself, I tend to be a bit more anal about my bags. I'll have the occassional baby bottle drips here and there on my Coach knapsack, but that's very easy to wipe clean and condition. I never drag my bag across anything and set it down purposefully. The other day tho, I had no where to set my bag so I took care to set it on the ground lightly. My 8yo ds1 freaked out, he said, "oh no, you put it on a rust spot!!" I thought that was soooo funny.... he was still peeved about my putting it down on a pavement a whole day later!

I don't necessarily "baby" my bags, but then again I really only have coach's leather. I stay away from the scarf prints (even though I LOVE LOVE LOVE the most recent one) and signature because I feel like I would have to be a little more careful than I am with their leather. Coach is so durable! I will set my bag on the ground at my own house or my friends, at work (under my desk), but not in a restaurant or other public place . . . .

I have had several different scarf print bags and you are right, they do tend to be dirt magnets! I was a bit hesitant when I took the first one to my dry cleaner, but it came out like brand new. After that, I didn't worry nearly so much. So, unless you have a run-in with a permanent marker, you really don't have to worry too much. Scarf print dry cleans like a dream:tup:

I don't think setting a bag on a desk without paper towel or putting a bag on the ground is abuse, to be honest- i'd look at you like you were crazy if I saw you gently laying out paper towel to put your bag on :P

LMAO :roflmfao:

the only time i do that is in the bathroom if there's no hook...but for a 4 or 5 hundred dollar bag, i'd better be able to use it to death...people kill me "baby-ing" bags.

Well...I look at that old and run-down bag a bit differently, maybe because I have a few 30-year-old bags in my closet!

Seriously. My first Coach bag was purchased in the summer of 1976. Every time I look at or carry that bag I remember that shopping trip with my mother. Having gone to Catholic school all my life, I needed tons of clothes when it was time to go away to college. During that marathon one week shopping session we picked out a very simple and basic Coach purse for me to take to school. I remember my father conditioning it, along with all my shoes, for me the night before I finished packing, and giving it to me with tears in his eyes when he was finished. It's the bag I was carrying when my husband proposed, and when I walked up the steps of the Capitol for my first day of work. Like me, the years have made their mark on her--there are some scuffs, a few water spots, and a small ink stain. But she has 'pride of place' in my closet among all my bags, and every now and again I take her out, recondition her again, and wear her for a day or two. Just to remember.

That's so cool, you have so many memories with your first bag, I can't believe it brought a little tears to my eyes, I guess thats because I am looking forward to getting my first Coach soon, :crybaby: I bet I will do like a few others have said I'll baby it for awhile then i'll relax when I feel comfortable. I'm sure It will touch the floor sometimes, and I might be more careful about which one I get since I have three kids, the leather suggestion and getting one more durable, I'm going to be looking at more now... its just so hard to choose, I am constantly changing my mind....