How can I make my calves smaller?

calf reduction surgery is banned in China recently. I'd consider doing this at your own risk, I personally am not interested in it but I watched this documentary and it scared the crap out of me. The girl that got the surgery cant even run or gym anymore. Dunno if its banned in other Asia countries but would realllyy recommend yall do more research on this one :|

Heres the link, I started it at the time stamp:

I had my calf surgery 10+ years ago from Dr. Park and couldn't be happier. Had spinal as opposed to general anesthesia and the recovery process was bearable. The function of my calve muscles have NOT been compromised in any way.
I was 38 inches and have maintained 32 inches on both calves.
I'd be happy to answer questions. [email protected]

calves after biking.png

calves1.jpg

calves2.jpg

calves3.jpg

• Love
Reactions: BUIGOVA
I had calf reduction with Dr Liu (Avant PS, California) in 2020... I definitely would not recommend it. He makes the incision on the sides of the calf, and mine are still VERY visible, even though the pictures he provided during consult should it was barely visible. My incision also got infected and to be honest, it's still very thick.

Hi everyone,just got a revision calf reduction surgery from Dr. Jong in Taiwan today. He said he removed about 400g from each leg, normally it's 200g from the biggest ones he's seen. He said that this is the largest legs he's ever seen! Im still a bit woozy but ill post updates over the next couple of weeks.

For the surgery itself it is not painful. It was about6 hours under an epidural/spinal tap. I also got some other drugs which made me feel very sleepy lol. Currently lying down on a bed resting. I'll be here overnight for two days.

Reactions: BUIGOVA
Day 1 and 2 POST OP:
Didn't really feel sore but my feet were kind of numb. I had to go back to the operation room because my left leg was too swollen and Dr. Jong drained a lot of fluid it. My left leg was 46 cm and my right leg was 42 cm Thursday morning. Later that night it was 45 cm and 42cm. Dr. Jong said I can expect about a 5 cm reduction to around 40cm likely, but I'm hoping it'll get to a normal 38 cm :/ since he removed almost 800g of muscle total? Maybe I should just stop walking to let my legs atrophy?
I was supposed to get discharged end of day 2 (today) but I'm staying another night since my legs are still really really swollen. Ive been playing a lot of genshin impact and it's getting kind of boring lol. Finished chapters 3 and 4 over the past three days yikes. ive been keeping my legs elevated and Dr. Jong and his team has been draining fluid out of my legs.

Day 3 post op:

Discharged today. I had to go home with drainage pipes since there is still a lot of fluid. I aspirated some of it out this evening (45 ml R/50 ml L) and ive been given instructions to keep doing so until the office opens up on Tuesday :sad: I just want these out. My legs kind of hurt but I'm able to wobble around on flat feet. Dr. Jong wants me to rest though and im so bored lol

Day 4 post op:
Checked into my hotel today. I had to hobble about 250 m from my friend's place and it took over 20 minutes for what should have been a five minute walk lol. My feet are really swollen. I've still been draining the fluid from my legs. It's been pretty boring, I'm looking forward to tuesday when I can remove my drains. I've been able to sort of move around on my flat feet still and i want to stretch, but i'm worried about my feet getting too swollen.

I am also attaching some pictures of my legs.

2018/9: Pre surgery and seeing Dr. Liu. I'd have to say that Dr. Liu really butchered my legs. My stiches actually got infected and left a really nasty scar, but he didn't seem to care. I had terrible post op with Dr. Liu and I would never ever go back. I feel so much regret for seeing him, and it was also massively expensive. Around this time my circumference was around 42cm.
2018.jpg presurgery2019.jpg

2020: This was right after getting resection by Dr. Liu. It temporarily looks better and it went down to 40cm, but not a huge change, especially for $16k! Not including hotel or airfare. As you can see, it still bulges on the outside.
2020postliu.jpg

2023: I finally went to see Dr. Jong this autumn. These are the pictures I took for consultation. At the time, my calves were 45cm, so even bigger than when I had them removed by Dr. Liu in 2020, wtf. Dr. Jong said he would also do his best to address the terrible scarring. Notice how massive bulge on the outside of the calf. I decided to go with Dr. Jong because he would work on the sol, which Dr Liu or Dr Park does not do. I'm hoping in 6-12 months i'll be at a 37 or 38 cm.. I know for a lot of you that is still huge, but I just want to be able to wear skinny jeans or skirts.
New Project (3).jpg 2023presurgery.jpg

In retrospect, I'm just out of money so far (we'll see what Dr Jong can do) and I really regret EVER going to Dr. Liu. He had terrible post care, did not seem caring, and just told me to wait out my infection when it was his poor stitching that did the work. If I can find the old messages, I will send. All he cares about is money and the results pretty much did not exist!

Day 5 post op:

Walked flat on my feet to Dr. Jong's office today. It was a slow going but I made it. The drains were removed and they took some more pictures, and rewrapped my legs. The stitches have not been removed yet. They told me to take it easy for the first week, but I am so bored lol. I'm going in on Thursday (in two days) for another check up. My legs look noticeably emptier and I'm stoked. I hope they don't grow back though and I hope it continues to empty out. I measured in at 43cm (L) and 41cm (R) but my legs are still swollen. Here's hoping to get down to maybe 37 or something reasonable. I think if it's still thick I might come back in a year and go for another round. I really don't want to and the recovery is quite miserable, but my dream since I was 10 was to have thin legs..

As for pain, it's pretty dull and achey for the most part where the incisions were. I have a sharp pain behind my knee when I stretch my leg out straight, but the nurse said that's because they had to cut it open again the day after surgery (day 1 post op) to alleviate some of the swelling, since I had so much muscle removed

Day 6 post op:
Mostly stayed in today and did some light stretching. I took the subway to zhongshan park and i was hobbling a little awkwardly and someone asked me if I was ok, if I needed them to call someone. It was kind of embarassing :sad: But my speed is getting a little faster. After sitting for a while I do have a hard time just standing up.

Day 7 post op:
Went to Dr. Jong's today to get more pictures taken and they checked on my stitches. He said I should try walking for a little bit in my hotel room (already done that) to learn how to walk again, "like a baby." My right measured in at 40.2 and my left at 41.2cm. He said that it's mostly just fluid and still swollen, so fingers crossed for maybe 37cm?? Going to continue stretching and doing some light walking today. The nurses are so strict with wrapping and kept on making me redo it T_T

I just want to take a bath lol

Day 9 post op:
Stitches removed today! I measured in again at 40.2 (R) and 41.2 (L), but there's already a significant difference. I'm going clubbing tonight with some friends lol. Wearing sneakers is actually so much more comfortable than slides. Wearing the wrapping is really uncomfortable when I'm sitting around, but I can't imagine walking without them. It's incredibly uncomfortable. So what I've been doing is wearing the wrapping and when my feet start to tingle I just get up and walk around, which is also good for stretching out the muscles again.

Here's a picture from just now (you can see the wrapping underneath haha). My legs are definitely quite swollen from walking around and my knees are puffy i think from the wrapping. While my legs aren't thin, they are SOSOSO much better than they were before. I'm also hoping that the scarring will turn out OK, after Dr. Liu completely butchered his stitching and left me with 1cm x 5cm wide scars.
Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 11.05.48 PM.png

Last edited:
Some more pictures.

Pre Dr. Liu (2017-2019)

Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 11.09.51 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-09 at 11.10.10 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-09 at 11.19.24 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-09 at 11.18.55 PM.png

~4-6 months post op Dr Liu:
Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 11.12.37 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-09 at 11.17.03 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-09 at 11.17.28 PM.png

2 & 3 years post op Dr. Liu:
Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 11.16.10 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-09 at 11.18.08 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-09 at 11.13.30 PM.png

As you can see, Dr. Liu basically did not make anything better, perhaps even made it worse/thicker. It was also incredibly shady when i asked him how many grams he removed, he just said "a lot" and would ignore or dodge further questions.