How can I make my calves smaller?

Hi guys, i have been going for some yoga classes since i got back ( currently first month post op ) and i got to say that the classes have been very beneficial. The pace of the class is just right, plus there are tons of legs and calves stretches. The instructors are also very helpful and accommodating after i informed them of my leg condition. It is nice to finally be able to exercise after 1 month of doing nothing much apart from walking. Although yoga classes doesnt burn as much calories as an intensive gym session or running, i dont have to worry about the possibility of my calves size bouncing back to pre op! So give yoga a try girls :smile:

Reactions: brobn
Der Diana
I had skype consultation with him $150 and he tries to recommend the new RF nerve blocking method. To me this is another waste of time as nerves can regenerate and the dr cannot be very precise on the nerves killed off. Nerves grow back again so the muscle would regenerate. it is another temporary method as far as I am concerned.
I had RF done by Dr. Liu nearly two years ago and my calf circumference did not change the muscles do not contract as much but muscles still there and hard to touch. Currently looking in permanent solutions like excision but doesn't seem like Dr. Liu does that many of them cuz they also only provided me with one photo.

Congratulations to all of you who are brave enough to go forward with the surgery! I have read this forum more than once.... I had Botox injections, 100 units each calf with Dr.Liu and I haven’t seen a difference.... I am planning to go with RadioFrequency nerve ablation, even if I know it is not a permanent solution, that nerve can grow back and that it will not be a major reduction....
Anyone had satisfactory results with RF?

@Julia A hi Julia, how have you been doing lately? How’s your recovery going? Hope all is well and that you’re enjoying the summer with your beautiful legs. Would you be so kind to let us see some new photos of your healed legs? Thanks so much.

Hi @Bambu , i just got home from work, and took off my bandages. Hence the ankles are very swollen. I can do fast walks now, but only for a few minutes before getting completely worn out and start walking very slowly. i think this is because i have been totally slacking with my stretching. Still going for 4-6 yoga classes a week. I can definitely feel my legs getting stronger. My ankles are still very swollen... cant see them at all haha

Attachments

• IMG_2204.jpg
    IMG_2204.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_2203.jpg
    IMG_2203.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 402
@Julia A Wow your legs looks so good even with a swollen ankle! What a drastic difference in a really good way. Omgosh this is really giving me a push to really get it done. Imagine how much smaller it will get once it’s completely healed. Congratulation Julia your case is a success!

@Bambu you are too kind. I cant resist scratching the skin every time i take off the bandages. I know its bad :sad:
Every time i walk pass any reflective surface /mirror, i cant help but look at my legs. They really did help make me feel more confident. Before the surgery, i only wear slippers out ( it is socially acceptable and common to wear slippers in Singapore, because its so hot here all year round). I never dared wear shoes like sneakers or espadrilles because they kind of "cut off" my legs. My legs are already very short to begin with, the stubbiness just makes it look even shorter. But now, i am considering trying out new shoes and clothing options. It great

Today is exactly 2 months post op. I still tire easily from walking up the stairs or walking for too long. My feet also turn numb and uncomfortable every time i put on my bandages. The numbness goes away after maybe 30mins. However, i didnt experience any nerve pain or other form of pain. I also noticed that i cant jump as high as a normal person, my jump is kind of like a hop as compared to pre-op. My running looks/ feels like a fast walk as compared to before surgery too. I think its because my muscle are much much weaker than before surgery. When my relatives and close friends saw my "new" legs, they told me that they are really much slimmer - Even my near 80 year old grandmother said so ! I really want to try out sports like boxing and muay thai (Thai boxing), but with my current fitness/weakness level... i think it will have to wait. The swelling in my ankles and feet region, is going down very very slowly. Some days, my feet are extra swollen and i cant fit into my working shoes and had to wear slippers to work ( my boss understands my condition ).

if you girls have any more questions or want to see any pictures, just let me know. I am happy to help :smile:

@Julia A thank you so much Julia you’re so sweet and genuine. Thank you for posting your updates and photos, it really helps me with finalizing my decision with this surgery. I wish you continuous smooth healing and may your final results be as beautiful as your personality.

@Julia A thank you so much Julia you’re so sweet and genuine. Thank you for posting your updates and photos, it really helps me with finalizing my decision with this surgery. I wish you continuous smooth healing and may your final results be as beautiful as your personality.
@Bambu once you have decided on getting the surgery, just push on with your decision. Before my surgery, my parents were very skeptical with the whole procedure. But now, i think they are secretly glad and happy with how things turned out. My Mum was amazed with how Dr park was able to take out a whole mass of muscle with just a 2-3 cm incision. What i am trying to say is that dont turn back from your decision. When in doubt, just re-read this forum and know that all who had underwent this surgery came out fine. The first 2 weeks is really tough, no way to sugar coat it. The healing process is also very very long and sometimes annoying. But as compared to how self-conscious and uncomfortable i was with my pre-op legs, i will much rather go through with the whole procedure again. If you have any questions regarding what to pack for the surgery, i will be happy to give you some advice :smile:

Hello everyone! I am from UK and would like to coordinate with anyone who is also from UK and planning to get partial muscle resection done. I actually got mine done by Dr Park almost two years ago now and my measurements were 35cm (L) and 35.3cm (R). Now they are both 33.5cm and don’t get me wrong, this was already a massive change and I had more confidence in my self with less muscular legs but my legs still look quiet big in terms of size and it hasn’t really allowed me to reach the level of comfort and confidence where I can start wearing shorts and dresses. This may be because I am petite (5’1) and my ideal calf measurement is actuallg 31.5 cm and of course mg current measurement is more than this. So now, I would like to know please if there is anyone here who is from UK and would like to go together again this year please email me at [email protected] or send me a private message. We can definitely support each other and the process would be much more easy! And since I had gone through the process before I can definitely offer you some mental support with your own recovery. I have another question, is there anyone here who had gone for a second partial muscle resection before as well? I haven’t yet emailed Dr Park regarding my interedt to go back to get further reduction on my calves but I have already made up my mind. I’ll be emailing him soon.

I have another question, is there anyone here who had gone for a second partial muscle resection before as well? I haven’t yet emailed Dr Park regarding my interedt to go back to get further reduction on my calves but I have already made up my mind. I’ll be emailing him soon.

Hi Yuli,

Wow I think you are the only person I’ve seen on this thread (from the parts I’ve read) who is interested in going a second time to dr Park. Please keep us updated on your journey :smile: and hope you are able to achieve the results you want

Has anyone inquired about spinal anesthesia/spinal block en lieu of GA for calf resection with Dr Park?

I have had quite a few ruptured IVs and am used to being awake during surgeries so a spinal block would be significantly more attractive than GA or IV sedation. Also considering the distal location of calves I would imagine a spinal block sans sedation wouldn’t feel too traumatic as the puncture would be low on the spine.