How and when did your love affair with Louis Vuitton started?

when i was 12 years old, i was at a party at an aunt's house in new orleans. my aunt's friend, a film maker, was there. she had a mono noe. i was in total awe of her--she was so fabulous & classy! ever since then, i have always wanted lv. i wanted to be as cool as her! LOL!

I've always loved LV, but at the time it was either jeans or bags, and since my jean addiction was far more greater than my handbag one, so I went with the obvious, my cousin wanted to get rid of her epi lussac for $300.00 (she said that she really needed the money!!!) and according to her she doesn't carry fake bags. Well long story short, it turned out to be fake, she still doesn't know that I'm aware she sold me a fake bag, but at least the good thing is, since then I've never stopped buying Louis handbags, my first bag was my MC speedy, this was just last year.

I have wanted an LV since high school, some 20 years ago. I could never bring myself to buy one until recently, and then I bought 3 in August (a mono speedy 30, a bh, and a red epi bucket). I was satisfied until my first trip to a LV store last weekend. Now I want more, more, more!!!!

I am Japanese and always saw LV around me but never thought I would ever want one (nor afford one). After returning to Japan in 1998 and saw my colleague carrying Alma and just fell in love with the shape. But I liked the Damier pattern to I special ordered one in Alma (then it was not in the permanent line). Then I got married in 2000 and moved to CA and but the LV 'fire' was not burning strong for a while. I then became more of a Coach girl. Then in 2004 the LV fire started after experiencing seeing some Graffitti pouchettes in eBay and Poupetteluxe. And despite working as a veterinary technician (not a glamourous one), I wanted to carry LV again. So since 2004, I have been indulging my paychecks in buying LV...

I think it's really nice to be reading about everyone's love affairs with LV...it just seems like it's more than just a bag or purse or accessories...I've been buying LVs on and off since 2003 but nothing serious between us really developed until dh's trip to Italy this year...I was just researching and compiling a shopping list for dh and I totally got caught up in this web...now I think I'm stuck good...darn...I mean "whooppee"!

i never thought i would get addicted to louis vuitton....i said a bag costs a lot of milk and diapers :nuts:

my hubby was the one who told me that he would buy me an lv because it's timeless and i should have one ....after a few months of hesitating i gave in last april....

he bought me a poppincourt haut :yahoo: (my first lv and i love her)

next for our anniversary last june...he gave me a damier papillon :wlae:

for my birthday last august...my mom gave me a speedy 25 :love: (always
thought that every lv addict should have one)

then this month...bought a pre-owned lv....houston in baby blue

then someone gave me a mono pochette accessories

I never wanted to become addicted to LV purses :lol:
I got my first LV purse in August. I joined this site in August. I actually found this site middle of July - but didn't join until August. I googled louis vuitton forum. Thinking I have to do research on these purses, because from April to August I was saving up for one. And I looked a lot on ebay. Again - I can't authenticate anything. As I didn't know the latest. And thats how my love affair began. I want a wallet!! :love: I want a scarf. :love:
And the thing is, I always wanted LV purses ever since I was 19. 10 long years ago :lol:

**This is lame..and embarrassing**...but its true....:yes:

I didn't have a clue about Louis Vuitton:wtf: .....until the MTV show Newlyweds come on..and Jessica Simpson had her MC Speedy....I fell in love with it.

Awhile later, we took a trip to Vegas..and found the LV shops there...I WAS HOOKED...came home with two...A speedy 25 and a Large Noe...

**DANG THAT JESSICA SIMPSON**:cursing: LOL:rolleyes:

I think it's really nice to be reading about everyone's love affairs with LV...it just seems like it's more than just a bag or purse or accessories...I've been buying LVs on and off since 2003 but nothing serious between us really developed until dh's trip to Italy this year...I was just researching and compiling a shopping list for dh and I totally got caught up in this web...now I think I'm stuck good...darn...I mean "whooppee"!
Wow... I could just imagine years from now...
I think we would still be hooked on LV!!!:nuts: :graucho:

At first I thought that LV was overrated and before I owned one, I thought what is the difference if you got a fake one or real one (haha now). Then I got the mono pouchette 5 years ago, just to be fashionable not because I really loved LV, and I was so hooked! I love the feel of the canvas and how the patina sets. I just love the way it feels and how classy it looks! Now I have the Mono Papillon 26 and Mono Koala wallet, and I just ordered a Mono Speedy 30 on elux. Can't wait to get it!

Also, I usually don't mix and match my leather brown bags/black shoes or outfit vice versa, but with the Mono LV I love how it goes with all black (does that sound weird?!)