How and when did your love affair with Louis Vuitton started?

when i was a little girl my mom used to carry, what i thought were these hideous 'poopy colored' brown bags with initials. i was about 8 years old & was into 'colorful' sanrio/hello kitty bags or anything pink or purple, so never even thought in a million years i'd be interested.
throughout high school, i always declared i'd never own any brand my mom loved to wear (she loved LV & gucci). now, my best friends 4ever laugh at my hypocrisy almost a decade later of always proudly declaring, "i hate LV, i'll never want to buy one, they're too much money for an ugly brown bag!"
my mom would be proud of me & probably would borrow my bags now...but i guess i started LOVING LV after i got one as a present 1st year college (mini looping) and have been obsessed ever since, and even more so since tPF. if it weren't for tPF, i don't think my taste would have really gone beyond mono canvas, now i just adore the multiolor, vernis & damier line as well as expanding outside of bags into pouches, luggage, agenda's, etc. who woulda thought? ;)

I started buying louie back in the 1980, saved up and purchased the speedy 12 inch, now i have lost count of all i have, it"s addictive, met a wonderful friend when i called to buy a louie in san francisco 8 years ago, she is a greatsa call her she will help you jeniffer bowlin san francisco neiman marcus 1(877)634-6264 ext.2170 lovesbmw

when i was a little girl my mom used to carry, what i thought were these hideous 'poopy colored' brown bags with initials. i was about 8 years old & was into 'colorful' sanrio/hello kitty bags or anything pink or purple, so never even thought in a million years i'd be interested.
throughout high school, i always declared i'd never own any brand my mom loved to wear (she loved LV & gucci). now, my best friends 4ever laugh at my hypocrisy almost a decade later of always proudly declaring, "i hate LV, i'll never want to buy one, they're too much money for an ugly brown bag!"
my mom would be proud of me & probably would borrow my bags now...but i guess i started LOVING LV after i got one as a present 1st year college (mini looping) and have been obsessed ever since, and even more so since tPF. if it weren't for tPF, i don't think my taste would have really gone beyond mono canvas, now i just adore the multiolor, vernis & damier line as well as expanding outside of bags into pouches, luggage, agenda's, etc. who woulda thought? ;)

Haha! "Poopy coloured" .. what a .. cute way of seeing it :sweatdrop:
Wow! Nice to hear that tPF inspired you :smile:

It all started in 1989 ..my first Speedy 25, my college friend loved it would hold a beer since the bottom was flat. I smuggled a few out bars for friends, also bought a LV key chain and still use it today!:heart:

I'm tempted to make up a "normal" story, but here's the truth, as bizarre as it sounds.

I'm something of a true crime buff for certain cases, particularly if the case involves a seemingly "normal" person who turn out to be anything but. I try not to get addicted to too many cases, but something about the Laci Peterson case drew me in. One of the books about the case mentioned that just before she went missing on Christmas Eve 2002, the couple seemed to be doing well financially (which turned out not to be true), and specifically that: "There was even enough money for a splurge or two. Scott … got Laci a Louis Vuitton wallet for Christmas." I remember thinking, how much of a splurge could a wallet be, maybe $100 bucks tops, right? What on earth was so special about a Louis Vuitton wallet that it merited such a mention? I never forgot the LV name (Laci had been something of an LV lover herself, apparently, b/c several books mentioned this.) Then one day last year in a bookstore I saw a copy of "Deluxe: How Luxury Lost Its Luster" which has tons of LV history. I think I then Googled "Louis Vuitton" and somehow made my way here, and reading all these posts cemented my attraction to LV!

I told you my story was bizarre!!

Which one did he get you?

He got me the Damier Papillon 30:heart:
sorry it took more than a year before I replied to your question...LOL! :shame:

was surprised to find this 2 year old thread on the front page:nuts:
which also makes it a perfect time to update!

okay... after more than 2 years...
I still have my LVoe affair with Mr. Louis Vuitton going! LOL!:sweatdrop:
and my first LV baby have a few more playmates now~ LOL!

Love all your stories too!:supacool:

I had a super stylish (and rather wealthy) art history professor in college back in 1992. She toted several LV bags (Ferragamo and Gucci, too!). At the time, I had no clue who or what Louis Vuitton was...but from that day forward, I knew I had to own some. And here I am, completely obsessed.

I still have the newspaper that featured a huge article about the LV Neverfull. This paper is Canadian and dated approx June 2007 and the Neverfull had just newly been released. This is the first Louis Vuitton bag that I had seen.
Now around this same time one of my girlfriends in Mexico had just came back from a trip to New York, and she showed me a LV wallet that she got. Now I was not experienced at all with Louis Vuitton, real or fake, but did find out that this wallet that she got was indeed a knock off, but non the less I really really wanted one, so I started going on the internet and looking at different styles of wallets and I really am proud of myself that I spent so much time making sure to get the right one. So on August 11th 2007, I purchased my very first Louis Vuitton.... the beautiful and very usefull monogram zippy wallet. The one that I was shown at the boutique was made in Spain, but I made sure to muster up the courage to ask for one made in France:yahoo:I Love this wallet and have used it almost every single day since that first one.
Four days later on August 15th 2007 I went back and purchased my very first Louis Vuitton bag, my gorgeous Lockit, the regular sized one.She just turned one year old a couple weeks ago and is developing a nice patina.She was with me when my condo in Mexico had a flood and the bottom of her Vachetta has the battle scar to proove it.More importantly she was the very first bag to start my obsession with bags. A little prelude first so you can understand. My mother passed away on April 28th 2007 and one of her possessions that she left me was her purse, this is the one that she was using throughout part of her illness, and the last one that she carried (she was diagnosed with lung cancer and fought for almost four full years) now after she passed, I started to get into purses, both the Zippy wallet and the Lockit have combined initials(DATE CODES) that are/wore hers. Her maiden name initial and her first marriage initials are on the Lockit and her second and third marriages initials on the Lockit plus the number 16 part of the date code too, which I came to learn after her death, which was shown to me, had a huge significance after her passing.PRETTY BIZARE!
EVEN MORE BIZARE IS THE DAY THAT I DECIDED THAT I WANTED THE TREVI PM, WHEN I WENT TO LOOK AT IT THEY ONLY HAD THE ONE THERE ON DISPLAY, NOW WHEN I LOOKED TO SEE THE DATE CODE, I SWEAR THIS IS THE CODE THAT IS IN MY BAG TH 1078 ...this means it was manufactured the 17th week of April 2008 THIS DATE IS ALSO THE ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF MY MOTHERS PASSING. NOW I CARRY A PIECE OF PAPER WITH ME THAT HAS THE EXPLANATIONS OF DATE CODES AND I HAD PREVIOUSLY WROTE DOWN THE NUMBERS 1078 TO REPRESENT MY MOTHERS PASSING.THIS WAS WRITTEN DOWN ON THAT SAME PIECE OF PAPER WAY BEFORE THE DAY THAT I FOUND THAT TREVI PM.When I was first at the boutique,I asked the SA to look and see if they had any more Trevis in the back and while she went and looked, this is when I discovered the magic of it's date code.She came back with another one/non display and ASKED are you sure you wouldn't like this one instead, I was almost crying and when I told her about the date code and my mother and she was like dear, no this is the one you must have, I understand and here lets wrap this up really nice and careful. I love her for that, so gentle and she understood totally.SORRY TO GO ON SO LONG,BUT both the Zippy and the Lockit will have a special place in my heart understandably reading my story and plus being my first LV wallet and LV Bag, I don't see parting with them as something that I could do. Since then I have acquired the Speedy 30 in mono, the Speedy 25 in Damier Azur, the Popit scarf (not sure if that is it's correct name), the beautiful Trevi PM and my latest (get this) yes the very first Louis Vuitton I had seen, the great Neverfull GM, lol, lol

IN MEMORY OF MY MOTHER WHO PASSED 16 MONTH'S AGO TOMORROW AUGUST 28TH 2008

MOM I LOVE AND MISS YOU SO MUCH AND WILL NEVER FORGET YOU!:heart:

I was 13. I had always heard about LV. On vacation in NYC a few years ago my mom and I passed the store. We went in, and I found the Trousse Toilette 28 (Now Discontinued) which was my first LV. Its been an addiction ever since! :yes: Lol!

when i had been making a lot of money for a while, supporting my gross boyfriend, got really mad at him, left the house and just bought IT> THE bag that caught my eye a year before.
lvoe

The first time I saw a real Louis Vuitton was when my uncle came to visit us a few years ago. My parents are REALLY simple and would never spend much money on material things. My uncle, on the other hand, is a pretty famous old school singer in the Philippines...and he splurges. He was coming to visit us because he was doing a fund-raiser concert for our church. He had a pegase suitcase with him...and all these little accessories - a wallet, cell phone case, keychain. He said he liked Louis Vuitton because the monogram was his initials - LV. After I saw all of his things, I was hooked. I only have 1 LV bag right now but I love the accessories. The majority of the accessories in my bag are LV.

Great thread! I saw my first one in high school and it was love at first sight. I got distracted with important steps in life, college, marriage, and children. I finally got one for my birthday a couple of years ago and haven't stopped the love for LV! :heart:

Mines started about 4 years ago at the ripe age of 13. lol. But i didnt buy anything till this year. Now i cant stop its like crack. lol. LV REHAB, I said NO NO NO....

The first time I saw a real Louis Vuitton was when my uncle came to visit us a few years ago. My parents are REALLY simple and would never spend much money on material things. My uncle, on the other hand, is a pretty famous old school singer in the Philippines...and he splurges. He was coming to visit us because he was doing a fund-raiser concert for our church. He had a pegase suitcase with him...and all these little accessories - a wallet, cell phone case, keychain. He said he liked Louis Vuitton because the monogram was his initials - LV. After I saw all of his things, I was hooked. I only have 1 LV bag right now but I love the accessories. The majority of the accessories in my bag are LV.

Hey i just noticed in your wishlist... the monogram ribera.. ive never seen it in monogram! i own the damier one, but am really curious, is it an SO?

Mine started this year...
I've always liked LV but didn't really care much for it, because of too many fakes :yucky:
and most of the real one's I know are from my friends moms or from much older friends.:Push:
...'till early this year I had lunch with a friend and her mom,
Her mom had a very old Mono Alma with very dark but clean and even patina...
I just couldn't take my eyes of her...
she was just the most elegant and beautifull LV purse I have ever seen!:drool:
Since then I couldn't stop thinking about Louis Vuitton...:girlsigh:
I knew I had to have one...
My DH surprised me with one on my birthday last June...:yahoo:
I dont know if this love affair with LV would end or not...:rolleyes:
But I'm glad I have my LV babies!!!:love:

Omg, SAME HERE! At the beginning I also kept "avoiding" it simply because of the numerous amount of fakes that appeared behind every single corner. But when I entered an LV boutique for the first time (I was 13 or 14) I just fell in love! I got my very first LV bag only a week ago (I am turning 18 in two weeks). My mom always said that it wouldn't look stylish for a fiourteen-year-old to carry LV bag so I had to wait.. hehe. :P