Horrible Quality For Fashion Jewelry

I am droozling over that BEIGE AND BLACK SUIT and THE WHITE SUIT OMG! Why don't they make clothes like that. Stunning!! Black bows on the hair, under the collar of a white shirt is also part of the Chanel look. Coco wore them all the time. That six strand pearl with the spaces are very Chanel. She is the one (or Verdura) IDK which designer was working for her at the time, that created that inch or so space so you could :"chanel" pearls. Verdura white maltese cuffs.

Attachments

• coco27.jpg
    coco27.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 461
  • coco23.jpg
    coco23.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 455
  • coco32.jpg
    coco32.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 453
  • coco29.jpg
    coco29.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 453
  • coco30.jpg
    coco30.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 452
  • coco31.jpg
    coco31.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 453
  • coco28.jpg
    coco28.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 446
Reactions: jbags07
I don’t own any Chanel
Jewelry but had a pair of Chanel prescription eyeglasses/frames with the CCs in pearl on the side. Within a month half fell out, looked sooo bad!! Got them repaired and then they fell out again. The frames were like $500. I can’t even imagine how painful it must be to have a $3k necklace break apart!!

@Valentinegirl, I dont know what kinds of 'pearls' Chanel use but i know they are glass pearls LIKE the swarovski type was what i was trying to explain. They have pieces that vary a lot but you have to hunt around for them.
https://poshmark.com/listing/Swarov...-with-crystal-accent-5ab0249900450f5f4af0df31

A pearl knotting class is an option but you can also watch some youtube videos.
Here are some of mine. The triple strand is about 2 meters long and doesnt take that long to do once you get started. Its just tricky to keep the strings from knotting. Silk is the norm but I like a nylon thread as it never goes grey, stays white. The clasps can be bought form etsy and you can get white gold, gold, etc.

229253_441137922611345_1758663055_n.jpg 561997_441137975944673_1806277506_n.jpg
mint coloured silk
1010204_695492240509244_3714660364114215246_n (1).jpg
This is knotted with black thread
10924735_839389169452883_8415038743604985122_n.jpg

Attachments

• 421644_292849147440224_1232586668_n.jpg
    421644_292849147440224_1232586668_n.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 420
I RETURNED THE NECKLACE I AM HEARTBROKEN. I TOLD THE SA THE PROBLEM. SHE SAID SHE COULDN'T BLAME ME. HOWEVER, everyone at Soho is new. IDK one person. That means they are NOT selling. The store was empty. She said she didn't even know that the rest of the world had free repair because she was new. She said Chanel told the SAs that if one tiny crystal or one tiny pearl falls off, it's a minimum of $100. That's it. They don't want to know.
I completely feel your anger, its totally justified. For what we pay we expect high exceptional quality.

I have two pairs of Chanel earrings. One is a CC darkened that I purchased for my mom's birthday a few years back.
She wore them perhaps 10 times. Another pair is several years old, I wore the dangling pearl with CC earings perhaps 3 or 4 times.
I am fanatical about my jewelry. Both pairs have been in their boxes undisturbed. I opened them yesterday, and both pairs are missing stones.
The darkened limited edition CCs are blackish now. They oxidized terribly. One CC is missing 3 stones. The other pair which I wore 3 or 4 times, again in the box, new, is missing several stones also. I am furious. I just purchased a brand new necklace, almost $3K. I am disgusted at the quality.
SAs can't do anything. I was told to take photos and email customer care and they would get back to me. 4 days later, no one called back. Again, I called, no one answered the phone, I was told to leave a message and number and someone would return my call, no one called hours later.
This is disgusting. Disgusting service and disgusting quality. I'm thinking of returning the necklace I just bought. Luckily all my mother pins/cuffs earrings are intact. We rarely even wore these earrings and the stones have fallen out. Does anyone know who is in charge of fashion jewelry.
This is not acceptable. Do they expect us to pay exorbitant fees for costume jewerly and it just breaks within a few times of wearing it?

Why aren’t you putting that money to real gold and stones? If you have 3k to waste on costume junk, then use it for 3k of the real thing. Plenty of name brand items and popular lines for this price.

Junk metal is junk metal and plastic beads are plastic. What did you expect?

I would stop being so hung up on the label and just wear quality stuff. You dont need to have VCA and Chanel stuff, plenty of other places to get jewelry that is good quality. Gasp, get a non branded piece!

Why aren’t you putting that money to real gold and stones? If you have 3k to waste on costume junk, then use it for 3k of the real thing. Plenty of name brand items and popular lines for this price.

Junk metal is junk metal and plastic beads are plastic. What did you expect?

I would stop being so hung up on the label and just wear quality stuff. You dont need to have VCA and Chanel stuff, plenty of other places to get jewelry that is good quality. Gasp, get a non branded piece!
Totally agree. Fashion jewelry is exactly that...not meant to last forever and be real, you’re not buying fake jewels at $3K for quality. Metals will tarnish, even when not being worn and there’s no amount of money that will change that, Chanel or not. You’re buying it for style, brand, and sheer enjoyment when you know damn well $3k can get you real gems and long lasting metals elsewhere.

Reactions: RainbowTweedy
I don’t own any Chanel
Jewelry but had a pair of Chanel prescription eyeglasses/frames with the CCs in pearl on the side. Within a month half fell out, looked sooo bad!! Got them repaired and then they fell out again. The frames were like $500. I can’t even imagine how painful it must be to have a $3k necklace break apart!!
I returned the necklace. It was new in box. Can't take a chance. Horrid experience on your frames. No reason for that. I know they were gluing with the wrong glue and that was SUPPOSEDLY taken care of. No excuse for it.

Totally agree. Fashion jewelry is exactly that...not meant to last forever and be real, you’re not buying fake jewels at $3K for quality. Metals will tarnish, even when not being worn and there’s no amount of money that will change that, Chanel or not. You’re buying it for style, brand, and sheer enjoyment when you know damn well $3k can get you real gems and long lasting metals elsewhere.
I have 15 or 20 year old Nolan Miller jewelry. I can post photos. It looks brand new. It never tarnished. It's unusual because even real gold tarnishes. IT was dipped a 100 times. NOlan was proud of the fact that his jewelry was so well made. It was made in Rhode Island. He had a LIFETIME guarantee. It's still in box and looks brand new. The pearls look new too. No tarnishing, no problems. So what you are saying is untrue. I have Heidi Daus from over 25 years ago when she was in BGs or Bendels. It's semi precious stones raw amethyst beads with faux metals. None of the metals have faded, none of the of the crystals fell out. So, I'm sorry, you are way off base. Because Chanel is choosing poor quality metals that tarnish and cheap findings and improper glues, doesn't mean every fashion house has the same problem. The style may not be chanel, but the quality is a million times better. Therefore, there's no reason for cheap stones, improper gluing, tarnishing etc. I even have professional anti tarnish paper used in museums in the white metal boxes. The materials are just cheap and it's poorly made. And that hasn't much to do with being costume jewelry. What's the excuse for the $25,000 pieces. I hear all the diamonds and stones are falling out within a month. People are screaming at Bergdorf's. So what's that excuse?

@Valentinegirl, I dont know what kinds of 'pearls' Chanel use but i know they are glass pearls LIKE the swarovski type was what i was trying to explain. They have pieces that vary a lot but you have to hunt around for them.
https://poshmark.com/listing/Swarov...-with-crystal-accent-5ab0249900450f5f4af0df31

A pearl knotting class is an option but you can also watch some youtube videos.
Here are some of mine. The triple strand is about 2 meters long and doesnt take that long to do once you get started. Its just tricky to keep the strings from knotting. Silk is the norm but I like a nylon thread as it never goes grey, stays white. The clasps can be bought form etsy and you can get white gold, gold, etc.

View attachment 4418204 View attachment 4418206
mint coloured silk
View attachment 4418208
This is knotted with black thread
View attachment 4418207
Bravo you've done a great job. And I think if you get some old photos of what Coco wore of photos of some of the Chanel necklaces, you can easily copy the style and no one would know. I know the czech pearls are what chanel used. They are still supposedly considered the best fakes. Perhaps you can track them down and make a Chanel type necklace. What you did is so professional looking. Good for you!

@Valentinegirl Sorry for your dilemma as you clearly loved the rainbow piece but sounds like you made the right decision.

This thread has been so helpful and interesting too! Thanks for sharing your knowledge and intel.

I now buy only on sale or duty free and not over £500. I did buy a necklace full price with matching earrings and there was colour transfer from my suit on the pearls after one wear (not very hot nor do I wear lots of fragrance/ lotion etc). They would have "repaired" but didn't sound very confident nor quick. Put me on my guard.

Then one of the earrings consistently fell out / backing fell off until one day it happened in a dressing room with concrete floors and the pearl came off. Lesson #2. I glued it back myself- no need in expecting a level of service for this quality.

Out of interest, what is your opinion of "the Chanel look?" Could you show a picture of what you mean by that? On the runway the models have on all types of jewelry.

Thanks again
Hi, I posted many photos of the "Chanel Look" and I hope you like them. It's basically a chanel jacket/suit with layers of pearls and pins. I hope you enjoy the photos of Coco and her classic suits. I think they are lovely and nothing compares. I am so sorry about your story. You should have brought the necklace back ASAP. They have a 2 yr guarantee in the states. That is 100% uncalled for. Color transfer from a suit on pearls should never happen. That's off the charts. Are you sure you didn't use hand lotion or perfume. You cannot touch lotions and pearls of any kind and if you use perfume and put on the pearls that will also ruin them and they can even peel. But if you didn't do those things, it means that the pearls weren't dipped or coated properly. There is simply no excuse. However, if you used lotion or perfume and it got on the pearls, that wou ruin them and melt them and make them pick up color. Makes me glad I returned them. Your pearl constantly falling off ... what can I say. It's just a disaster. There's no excuse for paying these prices and receiving junk. Coco is turning in her grave. One thing she believed in was quality. This is very sad. PS if you are within the warranty period, they must exchange it for equal value, give you a credit or fix it. I would return it asap.

Bravo you've done a great job. And I think if you get some old photos of what Coco wore of photos of some of the Chanel necklaces, you can easily copy the style and no one would know. I know the czech pearls are what chanel used. They are still supposedly considered the best fakes. Perhaps you can track them down and make a Chanel type necklace. What you did is so professional looking. Good for you!
I make my own designs from real pearls - im not interested in copying anyone. I know what i make is good enough to stand on its own. I would never use fake pearls, there's no luxury in that. Once you have a chance to see the real thing you feel the difference, and its not out of peoples price range - anyone can buy real pearls.