Hooked on Botkier!!!!!!!!!

... Botkier Bombay tote in natural. ... The pictures on BG.com gave the impression of a bag with more presence, a bigger bag. ... Leather: is cowhide, not goat. Card in pocket confirms this. I was sure that the BG website said goat.

Is it proper blog etiquette to quote oneself? Anyway, here's the link to the description on NM.com, same as BG.com:
Botkier -  Bombay Leather Tote -  Neiman Marcus=

The website clearly says goat, but the card in the pocket clearly says cow. What gives? Furthermore, the website puts the width at 20 inches. I squashed the bag and measured it at its widest point: 16 inches. All this, plus I'm not loving how it feels when I carry it. I'm leaning towards returning it. Any thoughts?

I would def return the Crosby since it's clearly a defective/damage bag. As for the Bombay tote, I like it. I think it's a really nice bag. Perhaps NM posted incorrect info about the bag? I notice that NM are not very knowledgeable about the items they sell. It's possible that the measurements and the leather material they posted are incorrect.

Thank you gee!!!!!!!!!:flowers:
Love~ let us know how you like it when you get it!!!:yes:
vista~ nice to hear you love your Botkier too!!!:yahoo:
pg~ pictures pictures pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you going to use AG spray to protect it????:heart:
babyk~ I hope you get one!!!:smile:

No, didn't end up getting one :sad:.. decided against it b/c hazelnut (only color left) was not my first choice. i'll just have to live vicariously thru you, haha. love ur bag!

^^^LOL! Yes~ get a color you will love for sure!!!!

cheetos~ yes~ return the bag if you're not in love with it! Maybe try it a few more times around the house nd see how you feel about it! Thanks for the pictures!!!

I really think I want another Botkier! I think I want the trigger~ I don't know if I should look for the large or medium. Any thoughts?

cheetos~ yes~ return the bag if you're not in love with it! Maybe try it a few more times around the house nd see how you feel about it!

Okay, I spent the day (well, not the whole day) carrying the bag around the house. I do love the color, but I'm just not loving the size or how it feels on me. It would definitely sit in my closet, a lonely, neglected bag, if I kept it, and that's no life for a bag that could be loved by someone else! So sad, but I will have to return this one too. Just not having much luck with Botkier!