Scarves Hermesmatic - worth a try? Please post your opinions and before/after photos of scarves

Thanks, Nicole 0612. I appreciate you taking the time to your reply to my Istanbul questions. Glad to know that many people in tourism now speak some English. I will certainly hit the H-boutiques even if the pop-up Hermesmatic store will probably be gone by that time....
I am very excited. This is our 2nd trip to Istanbul - 1st was many years ago ( during 1st Gulf War actually!!!!). I am so looking forward to the amazing changes to the city~ 30 years.

Thanks, Nicole 0612. I appreciate you taking the time to your reply to my Istanbul questions. Glad to know that many people in tourism now speak some English. I will certainly hit the H-boutiques even if the pop-up Hermesmatic store will probably be gone by that time....
I am very excited. This is our 2nd trip to Istanbul - 1st was many years ago ( during 1st Gulf War actually!!!!). I am so looking forward to the amazing changes to the city~ 30 years.

I hope you have a wonderful trip! The only time we had trouble with the language barrier was in small shops meant for locals only, and that was only when I had a question that was hard to understand (like going to local corner markets and looking for nondairy milk or caffeine free tea). Some of the taxi drivers seem to speak minimal English, but enough to get where you are going. My husband speaks Arabic, which many Turks speak also, and we only had to use it a few times and that was just if we wanted a deeper conversation with someone. I can't wait to go back. I hope you have a wonderful trip and I wish you great H luck :smile:

Hermesmatic is opening near me!
Colors available are red, blue and green only :sad:
I have a vintage Mors à la Conetable in red and gold cw that I've never worn because it looks so old looking on me, I'm considering dying it in blue.
Worth a try in your opinion?

Hermesmatic is opening near me!
Colors available are red, blue and green only :sad:
I have a vintage Mors à la Conetable in red and gold cw that I've never worn because it looks so old looking on me, I'm considering dying it in blue.
Worth a try in your opinion?
It's worth a try. It will likely become a purple shawl with green accents.

Reactions: maryg1
My SA called me abt it since she knows I go to LA sometimes. Anyone planning on checking this out? I'm curious to see what it's all about.
I'm definitely going as dip dyes are my thing. I don't have anything to dye though....maybe I'll overdye my yellow Astrologie DD since I never wear it :biggrin:

Ladies, you should periodically search on eBay for inexpensive scarves to dip dye. They will also have pre-dip-dyed scarves for sale, too. But they are the same price as new scarves.
I spent the whole sunday looking for inexpensive scarves on Ebay, but many have spots or bleaches, will they disappear with the dye?

maryg, probably not. I'd guess that actual bleached areas would take the dye, but will end up looking different than the original, unbleached areas since they are beginning as a different shade. And many hard-to-remove stains (grease stains, for example) will also probably either take dye differently or resist it. The dip dye process makes the scarves softer and fluffier and the colors more complex (often, though not always, the overdye diminishes the original color contrasts), so in some cases the stains might be less objectionable. But disappear, no. The transformations are really fun, though, and if the scarf is sufficiently inexpensive, why not give it a chance at a second life? HTH!