Hermes Winter SALE Paris 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just left the sale. I haven’t been to a Paris sale before, but this was very well organized, especially compared to what I’ve heard about the previous sales there. That said, I was disappointed. I was expecting more stock. As @DavidFincher said earlier, there’s no jewelry, but there are belts instead. That queue takes a while because there is one SA per person. There was hardly a line for 90s, probably because the selection is dismal IMO. I wasn’t impressed with the stock of shoes either, and only 2 designs of mousselines. I hope this helps people who are trying to decide whether to go.

Thanks for the report! Can you remember which moussies? That’s the one thing tempting me to go tomorrow!

Reactions: azukitea
Leaving the sale now and there is NO QUEUE to get in at 11.15 on first day. This is unheard of. Have never seen the sale so quiet on first day.
I was at palasis des congres in paris.
I waited long queue but i did shopping just 2 hours and half.
We have only do shopping 2H30min by hermes ..
Is it sale only 2days? Is tomorrow last day?or until the next monday? If u know pls answer me..

Last edited:
Sale is only today and tomorrow. Tomorrow closes at 1800 instead of 2100 tonight.

I too was surprised at the max 2h30 inside- I did not budget well but I am happy with what I got. Reveals once I find a Eurostar ticket and get back to London.

Hello, I hesitate to go to the sales (bad experience for the last two years..) and I would like to know what models of cashmere silk shawls are available. Thanks.

The cashmere silks I saw were some of the same models from my last visit in 2010!!!

Chasse en Inde and another geometric one I recognized but for the rest I'm not familiar enough with patterns- they were dated though.

From experience, if you can get there easily at an off time (between open and lunch, similarly after lunch) it's always worth having a look.

Otherwise, I didn't even get a châle because I know I'm buying one in the boutique in a few weeks and the discount is c 300 eur. To me that savings is not worth buying something that doesn't make my heart sing.

I do like exploring the brand fhru the sales - so many wonderful items!

Reactions: lolo75
And I'd say the experience is what I remember- making small talk in the queue, checking out others' non H brands, re-finding your queue mates in the area and asking advice. Speaking to the SAs about items and getting thier advice. Was not a major haul but I wasn't in that mindset, given I've got a trip to Florence outlets coming up.

Hello, I hesitate to go to the sales (bad experience for the last two years..) and I would like to know what models of cashmere silk shawls are available. Thanks.
There are some Zenobie, Apaloosa, Sieste au paradis, Au pays des Oiseaux fleurs, Cavalcadours fleuries, Savana Dance, Tiger tiger and Jardin de la Maharani for what I can remember. Maybe one De la terre au ciel. Mainly designs from two seasons ago.

Home in London and absolutely exhausted after a very long day. In good news, the crowd numbers were well down on last two sales and shoppers were extremely well-behaved. Security also seemed to have upped their game. Overall it was the least stressful, best run sale in quite a while.

It was a good sale for me, a bit disappointed there was no jewellery (so no chance to add to my beloved men’s clic H collection) but saved from disaster by the taupe belt and blue H buckle which had both been on my H bucket list, as well as two good 140 cashmeres and a couple of ties. The other stuff is for folks at work, as usual there will be some very happy people in my office tomorrow!

90 cm scarf selection seemed perfectly good to me (but I will admit I’m not an expert on the 90s). Selection of 140 cashmeres definitely had some repeats, I noticed two that I bought in previous sales but I still found two good ones. Shoes were again a disappointment—I think it may not be so much a question of them not having so much in my size (which had the usual amount of options) but my not being so in to the shoe options in general.

Anyway here is the whole haul, made all the sweeter by my trip to Galleries Lafayette this afternoon where I was able to complete my set of French Art Deco Crystal glassware with pieces that aren’t available in the UK (and they were on sale, even sweeter!)
c9fb9e047f625ebfca34b13bf7946803.jpg

Whoever wrote that piece must be smoking crack - there have not been Birkins for sale at 50% off - well, ever!
There have been birkins on sale in the past, but not in recent years. I'm not sure if it's some of the reason why it might (?) be getting less popular, but not too long ago the sales included lots of items that could be resold at significant mark-up especially outside of Europe wallets, bags, jewelry, belts, just lots of more items in general. I haven't made it a priority to go to the Hermès sales in years because I couldn't find much i wanted in the end and a few discounted scarves and maybe some rtw isn't enough for me personally to go through the trouble. I echo the other poster who would rather go to Florence.

Status
Not open for further replies.