Hermes using the Art of Japanese Aizome

Aizome was introduced around 2020-2021, and here are two pieces from that time : mini-verrou in ostrich and Birkin in Peau de Porc

If I remember correctly, there are three shades of Aizome that can be produced, light, medium and dark....light being the most difficult to make because the dye need to be applied in a uniform manner very quickly, or it will lead to dark spots if the dye stays for too long on the skin at some point...

20210902_115712.jpg20210902_115552.jpg

@DoggieBags shared her Porc Birkin here.

img_8016-jpeg.5827287

@Lumine believes it's an Aizome dyed item.
Yes the skin for this bag was dyed in Japan and I was told it took years for them to come up with a way to dye pig skin evenly

Here are the specs :yes: I didn't even know there were different shades, thank you for educating me! :lol:

View attachment 5972387
Very nice--thanks for sharing.
On another note, when did Hermes start including this nice and neat product card with their bags? :biggrin: :eek:

I have only seen these in silks, homeware, textiles, etc. My bags and SLGs only come with the old style cardboard info card (with the perforations) that looks like it was printed with a dot matric printer :giggle:.

Very nice--thanks for sharing.
On another note, when did Hermes start including this nice and neat product card with their bags? :biggrin: :eek:

I have only seen these in silks, homeware, textiles, etc. My bags and SLGs only come with the old style cardboard info card (with the perforations) that looks like it was printed with a dot matric printer :giggle:.
I am still a H newbie and I haven't seen this card in my other H (non-quota) bags so am not sure if my SA was supposed to remove it? :whut: It is super handy to have all the specs on a nice little card though! :lol:

• Love
Reactions: FrenchNewbie