Hermes using the Art of Japanese Aizome

These bags are stunning, and if they did it in ostrich I'd be faint
@corgimom11 has kindly shared a pic of her aizome ostrich mini Bolide on the Share Offers thread

20240307_163014-jpg.5962286

Thanks for the knowledge sharing and eye candy. Really lovely shades of blue. One look and one can tell they’re special.

BTW, does anyone know if they also make textiles, esp scarfs or shawls with this method?

Although I can’t say they do use this method on textiles etc, however I had purchased this Petit H apron couple years ago. When I saw it, it reminded me of aizome shibori. I should have asked!

As you know Petit H uses materials from other H items. I’d never seen this fabric in the store. Maybe someone else has? Be great if someone can confirm. TIA!

Attachments

• IMG_1579.jpeg
    IMG_1579.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 40
@momoc thank you for posting this. I was wondering about the bleeding issue, because my aizome t-shirt bleeds and color transfers to my hands whenever I wear them. But I'm glad this part on the booklet answered that. Now I'm looking forward to see it appear on peau de porc. :heart:

img_5899-jpeg.5909764

@DoggieBags shared her Porc Birkin here.

img_8016-jpeg.5827287

@Lumine believes it's an Aizome dyed item.
Congrats on the lovely porc b25! :nuts:

I believe its actually an aizome (ancient japanese blue dye process) porc birkin! Porc came usually only in toffee, but also VERY VERY rare in 3 shades of aizome blue - hanada, ai, tomekon (shade from lightest to darkest) in the recent 3 years. I tried very hard to hunt one down to no avail! Aizome is also being used on Porosus croc k25,k28,b25, ostrich and also recently lizard in addition to porc.

So really really happy for you to have gotten such a beautiful and rare bag! :heart::smile:Wear it often!!

@momoc thank you for posting this. I was wondering about the bleeding issue, because my aizome t-shirt bleeds and color transfers to my hands whenever I wear them. But I'm glad this part on the booklet answered that. Now I'm looking forward to see it appear on peau de porc. :heart:

img_5899-jpeg.5909764
Here are some photo for you :smile: (posted by a pretty famous Hermes collector on RED, who I’m pretty sure besides all 3 aizome - and toffee - porc also has collected the aizome croc Bs. In fact she posted the first Aizome pieces I ever saw back in 2021)

IMG_8327.jpeg

IMG_8328.jpeg

IMG_8329.jpeg

IMG_8326.jpeg

i love aizome!

Sharing a fabulous aizome art piece from petit H fresh from paris. Apart from the aizome porosus croc, there's also aizome denim on this hanging piece. If i had the space and ceiling.... luckily i didn't and thus got to save some money haha.
aizome.jpg

There's also a very limited aizome porosus kelly belt with blue sapphires for those with very thick wallets and pretty slender waists, and it was lovely to see in person! Forgot to take any pictures of that though!

i love aizome!

Sharing a fabulous aizome art piece from petit H fresh from paris. Apart from the aizome porosus croc, there's also aizome denim on this hanging piece. If i had the space and ceiling.... luckily i didn't and thus got to save some money haha.
View attachment 5963830

There's also a very limited aizome porosus kelly belt with blue sapphires for those with very thick wallets and pretty slender waists, and it was lovely to see in person! Forgot to take any pictures of that though!
Wow, do you recall the price of that hanging piece?

Here are some photo for you :smile: (posted by a pretty famous Hermes collector on RED, who I’m pretty sure besides all 3 aizome - and toffee - porc also has collected the aizome croc Bs. In fact she posted the first Aizome pieces I ever saw back in 2021)

View attachment 5963826

View attachment 5963827

View attachment 5963828

View attachment 5963825

Thanks for sharing!

I still never truly understand what’s in a CITES, I looked at the one that came with my b aizome and it has a date in 2021 and another date in 2023. Wondered if the croc skin was acquired in 2021 and birkin manufactured or ready for sale in 2023.

• Insightful
Reactions: papertiger
ai (藍) is the name of the plant, aizome (藍染) refers to the Japanese art of indigo dyeing. Video doesn't embed but here's another one with a more detailed process about making the dye.

Video

This is another aizome offering from Hermès, a Kelly Sellier 28 in porosus croc

View attachment 5963119View attachment 5963120

As you can see it's a lighter version from the Birkin above and the colors are concentrated on the crevices, typical of a water-based natural dye.
This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. 😍

• Love
Reactions: allanrvj