Hermes summer sales Paris 2014

Hi Lanit! Oh, you gave me a good excuse to pull out my purchases for a peek!

Among the mousse selection were Flots in a few colorways, Axis Mundi in 3 cws, Ceintures, and a few one-offs: I just missed a chartreuse Guepards, but quickly got over the burn when I realized it likely had a defect to be in the sale so soon after its release. (Shhh nobody tell me otherwise!)

I saw no stoles or PMs. The gavroches surprised me too-- there were two colorways of Effluves and a Les Pivoines.

I'm considering going back Friday to see if they dredge up more mousses, but I need a day to recover for sure!

Gah! Pivoines in Mousseline! My avatar - I only have the twill gavroche. Do you remember the colorways? I love Flots too (better in mousseline I think) - is that the one with the deco like geometrics sort of like the organ silk design? Ceintures...ooh lala. Can't wait to see your haul!

Wow fabulous selection of GMs!
Congrats!!

Absolutely amazed you found a clic clac a pois pattern as I just saw the same pattern at Sevre store today (of course at full price!!). M

I was in Paris but didnt go to the sale as I thought the queue would be horrendously long. How is the queue in the afternoon on the first day? Do you still have to queue for a long time?

I've been-- was among the first group through the door. Typing this on my phone so won't be too detailed at the moment.

The Good: more wearable colors in the GMs this year (for me, anyway). Blues, whites, creams, blacks aplenty. Decent stock of summer twills and dip dyes and cashmeres, though all formats scant compared to my first sale trip in 2011. I picked up a Clic Clac a Pois GM, two magic Kelly GMs, a mousse Flots, and a mousse gavroche. Can expand on offerings if you're interested in any particular patterns and formats.

Last edited:
Forgot the pic!

Congrats on your lovely finds...and good for you for fighting to protect the moussies! I went in January for the first time and was horrified at the way some people were grabbing and clawing at merchandise.

I heard that comparatively the lines this year were quite short and that there were noticeably fewer people than at prior sales. Wonder if the air traffic control had any effect on that.

Wish I was there, too! Thanks for sharing you stories and your finds!

I've been-- was among the first group through the door. Typing this on my phone so won't be too detailed at the moment.

The Good: more wearable colors in the GMs this year (for me, anyway). Blues, whites, creams, blacks aplenty. Decent stock of summer twills and dip dyes and cashmeres, though all formats scant compared to my first sale trip in 2011. I picked up a Clic Clac a Pois GM, two magic Kelly GMs, a mousse Flots, and a mousse gavroche. Can expand on offerings if you're interested in any particular patterns and formats.

The Bad: I've never witnessed such appalling and disrespectful behavior in my life (and I've been to these sales several times). At one point I was bent double trying to protect a stack of mousselines from women who'd surrounded me and were clawing and yanking at them with their fingernails. I didn't even want to buy those particular ones-- I just happened to be looking through them when they pounced and couldn't bear to see such beautiful things treated that way! And just to add to the picture, I'm 5'10 and towered over the mousseline assailants, but they were DETERMINED-- it was like they had just lost all reason.

Also saw what I assume was a pro reseller and her crew of three people with their printed lists of color ways and patterns-- basically a roll call of TPF faves. But at least they weren't beating anyone up, so I have no gripes with them!

I hope it calms down later in the week, bc today was grotesque!

Thank for the report and congrats on your finds! That's too bad about the mousseline assailants but I'm not surprised. How were the prices?

My silky friends, I'm just back from the sale. I went at 10 and could not believe my eyes : nobody lining up outside! I was so shocked I asked the security guards, who too were amazed. The site has been changed, with a new place where you have the 90s, the 140, jerseys, mousselines, 70s and twillys, and the men RTW. At the usual place, boots and shoes, women RTW, sweaters, hats, and men ties and scarves.

I went straight on to 140 stand, and had there to line up something like 1/2h. Always the same : you come in 10 by 10 and have 15 mn left to make your choice. This is what I was able to see :

Jerseys : only Brides de Gala en Désordre maxi-pointes, no other design. 90 jerseys : mostly Kelly en Calèche, navy blue, purple, red.

Mousselines : Kelly en Perles mostly in grey, Ors Bleus d'Afrique red only, Flots du Cheval mainly in dark blue, one changeant brown/blue (which came home with me) and 2 or 3 red. One or two Chevaux de Karnak in the white/turquoise/purple. Some racoon collars with mousselines, too.

140 silk twill : La Fabrique des Rubans in all the cws,

140 DD : Brazil in all the cws,

CSGM : some ACSMC, only in dark blue, and mainly Parures des Maharadjas (orange, red, white and blue) Cavalcadour (khaki and navy blue), Camails in periwinkle and naturel brown, a ton of Guépards in all kinds of cws except light pink, Circuit 24 Faubourg in dark cws mainly, and Laboratoire du Temps in orange, dark blue and gray, Etendards & Bannières in khaki, dark red, brown with white border.

Everything was so quiet, even if the line was quicklly increasing that I went -first time ever- to the 90s stand. No line up at all !!! A lot of things among them plenty of Rêves d'Escargot, Coquilles, Cheval de Mer, Peinture Fraîche (one of them splendid, dark green and grey), Astrologie Nouvelle, Géométrie Crétoise, one sublime grey Vent Portant II the girl before me grabbed, sigh...

Then shoes, RTW and other accessories : a lot of boots, dresses and jackets, but with a very high caretag... I tried on a splendid croc jacket, initial price 75 000€ on sale for "only" 37 500, useless to say I didn't take it!

A fair bit of hats, but very few in my size, and a lot of gloves.

And at the end, near the cash register, the men's stand with ties and CSGM (Séquences I already have...)

Ladies if you're around and can hear me, go to the sale in the morning before Saturday. Once again, I never ever saw this place so quiet! And to sum up, I came back with a CSGM Cavalcadour in the khaki cw, a 140 mousseline changeante Flots du Cheval sable/azur/mauve/bleu, and a 90 jersey, Kellly en Calèche dark red. Half price as usual.

My silky friends, I'm just back from the sale. I went at 10 and could not believe my eyes : nobody lining up outside! I was so shocked I asked the security guards, who too were amazed. The site has been changed, with a new place where you have the 90s, the 140, jerseys, mousselines, 70s and twillys, and the men RTW. At the usual place, boots and shoes, women RTW, sweaters, hats, and men ties and scarves.

I went straight on to 140 stand, and had there to line up something like 1/2h. Always the same : you come in 10 by 10 and have 15 mn left to make your choice. This is what I was able to see :

Jerseys : only Brides de Gala en Désordre maxi-pointes, no other design. 90 jerseys : mostly Kelly en Calèche, navy blue, purple, red.

Mousselines : Kelly en Perles mostly in grey, Ors Bleus d'Afrique red only, Flots du Cheval mainly in dark blue, one changeant brown/blue (which came home with me) and 2 or 3 red. One or two Chevaux de Karnak in the white/turquoise/purple. Some racoon collars with mousselines, too.

140 silk twill : La Fabrique des Rubans in all the cws,

140 DD : Brazil in all the cws,

CSGM : some ACSMC, only in dark blue, and mainly Parures des Maharadjas (orange, red, white and blue) Cavalcadour (khaki and navy blue), Camails in periwinkle and naturel brown, a ton of Guépards in all kinds of cws except light pink, Circuit 24 Faubourg in dark cws mainly, and Laboratoire du Temps in orange, dark blue and gray, Etendards & Bannières in khaki, dark red, brown with white border.

Everything was so quiet, even if the line was quicklly increasing that I went -first time ever- to the 90s stand. No line up at all !!! A lot of things among them plenty of Rêves d'Escargot, Coquilles, Cheval de Mer, Peinture Fraîche (one of them splendid, dark green and grey), Astrologie Nouvelle, Géométrie Crétoise, one sublime grey Vent Portant II the girl before me grabbed, sigh...

Then shoes, RTW and other accessories : a lot of boots, dresses and jackets, but with a very high caretag... I tried on a splendid croc jacket, initial price 75 000€ on sale for "only" 37 500, useless to say I didn't take it!

And at the end, near the cash register, the men's stand with ties and CSGM (Séquences I already have...)

Ladies if you're around and can hear me, go to the sale in the morning before Saturday. Once again, I never ever saw this place so quiet! And to sum up, I came back with a CSGM Cavalcadour in the khaki cw, a 140 mousseline changeante Flots du Cheval sable/azur/mauve/bleu, and a 90 jersey, Kellly en Calèche dark red. Half price as usual.
Dearest Anfang, thank you for the sale report and congrats on your super duper finds! I will have to make a special trip sometime to visit H in Paris and meet up with you. Not sure yet if I can brave the sales. Perhaps with chestnut or sparkle we can go together in a more leisurely manner. I like the way you shop - go when there are no queues! Hope to see your treasures soon, especially your mousseline.:hugs:

My silky friends, I'm just back from the sale. I went at 10

thank you for the great report!
can you tell me the prices of the twills at the sale? Thank you

Dearest Anfang, thank you for the sale report and congrats on your super duper finds! I will have to make a special trip sometime to visit H in Paris and meet up with you. Not sure yet if I can brave the sales. Perhaps with chestnut or sparkle we can go together in a more leisurely manner. I like the way you shop - go when there are no queues! Hope to see your treasures soon, especially your mousseline.:hugs:
Thank you my dear lanit for your sweet words! :hugs:This sale had nothing to do with the January sale where we really had to line up, outside AND inside, as Chestnutty may tell you. No one outside, and 1/2 waiting to access the 140, jerseys, mousses and stoles. Going together is always the best idea, chatting together makes it shorter, and this is less stressful : you line up in front of the desk, and are thus able to look at all the ladies trying on something you're drooling over... Here is a pic of the mousse. Being changeant, it's really hard to catch but it may give you a little idea :

Attachments

• Flots du Cheval sable:azur:mauve:bleu cw10.jpg
    Flots du Cheval sable:azur:mauve:bleu cw10.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 861
Thank you my dear lanit for your sweet words! :hugs:This sale had nothing to do with the January sale where we really had to line up, outside AND inside, as Chestnutty may tell you. No one outside, and 1/2 waiting to access the 140, jerseys, mousses and stoles. Going together is always the best idea, chatting together makes it shorter, and this is less stressful : you line up in front of the desk, and are thus able to look at all the ladies trying on something you're drooling over... Here is a pic of the mousse. Being changeant, it's really hard to catch but it may give you a little idea :

Gosh this is really sublime! You chose a beauty!:love: