Scarves Hermès Spring/Summer '19 Scarves

Vlad himself mentioned “unreleased” as not permitted by H. If they meant ALL scarves pics, they would have said so, corporations will not leave anything to the imagination with these kinds of commands.
They can’t really stop us from posting pics that are out there and available on their own website. It’s not like we are misusing the images. If anything it’s a huge marketing tool for them, free of charge. And everyone here knows how much more scarves are sold because of it.
:hugs:
And majority of the scarves were released already either in stores or on various Hermes websites. I am hoping we can get these pictures back here one way or another because we all need them for future reference.

Well... I'm pretty sure H could make a claim that their copyrighted material is being used for profit. WE use them for educating ourselves, but these pages have ads on them, and page hits generated by people clicking to see the scarf photos = revenue for the owners of this site. That sounds like profit to me.

That being said, H is also clearly profiting by our being able to see these scarf photos, get excited about them, and hunt down the silks. So their getting wrought up over anyone else incidentally getting money from these pictures being posted here seems like cutting off their nose to spite their face.
So funny. I never even noticed the ads. My tunnel vision was for the H I guess.

I have a feeling that H's issue with the December photos were the fact that they were posted here but not released on the website yet. DMCA requests can take a while to make their way to the end user. The solution may simply be to not post the website images until they are actually published.

Reactions: Holsby
Yes it is so important to be able to see all the colorways not just what is available that particular moment on h.com. The colorway number is also needed to request from our SA. Now that the scarves are released hopefully the references can be put back up. They were so helpful!
And majority of the scarves were released already either in stores or on various Hermes websites. I am hoping we can get these pictures back here one way or another because we all need them for future reference.

@Vlad, don't blame you at all for agreeing to their request. Still, what a foolish move on their part.

Not really feeling their corporate strategy these days.
https://giphy.com/embed/qZayQPtRVS6sw
Funny, I used the same analogy to explain this affair to my DH. Before, we were like kids on a toy shop with the possibility to go everywhere and see a lot of different items. After, we are outside the shop and only able to buy what we can see by the open door... frustating and limited experience.

Oh my... I'm really shocked and dismayed at this whole situation. But I get it. It's not personal, it's just the prudent thing to do to stay away from any copyright law disputes.

It's not really good business and community outreach, but it's not really about that. It's a legal thing re distribution, waiver, and ownership of images. It could be viewed as a kind of business decision in the sense that following the law and advice of counsel helps the business avoid liability or loss of intellectual property.

It is a bummer, though. I guess we're going to have to learn about the new season in stores like normal citizens now.

Reactions: GLX and Julide
A shame for those of us who live hundreds of miles from any decent sized Hermes store! I would never be able to see all the different designs and colour ways normally. Because of all the photos I can identify exactly which scarf I want then snap it up when/if I see it online. Because of all the photos I own four 90cm scarves that I wouldn’t otherwise have, I would not have spent the money if I hadn’t known exactly what I wanted.

Same here! When I see a design I like, I want to see all existing CWs and choose witch one I want, otherwise I would buy one and later see another one I would like better. Considering how much this things cost, that’s the least H can do, is offering information. If I don’t have the whole array to choose from, I just won’t buy. The arduous work of the members posting here, giving us information, is free publicity, the kind a company can’t even pay for! I hope you (H) are reaching this: Merci H, for giving my wallet a brake and for “punishing” your year long most fervent fans, followers and collectors....