Hermes spa pricing

Thanks ToniMichelle. I'm still unsure on how I'll handle this restoration. I spoke to aftercare in the SF store, and it was suggested I send it to Arrow for the lining first, then to Hermes for the rest of the bag. She mentioned interior cleaning wouldn't prevent the bag from being serviced in the future.

Like you said, somehow I'd feel better w Hermes taking care of all that they would and I send the bag to Arrow for finishing whatever Hermes wouldn't do. I'll share the process, my results and the costs when complete.
I'm thinking of sending my 2011 b40 in for some treatment. I just don't know how good it will look.

This thread is extremely helpful, thanks everyone!

I've just purchased a pre-loved Bolide 37 in Ardennes leather and the inside needs a deep cleaning. Thanks to this thread, I've read that Hermes spa doesn't clean interiors.

Would you recommend I send it for Hermes spa treatment first for leather cleaning and then to say Arrow Leathercare for the interior? Would this prevent future Hermes spa treatments? What would you suggest?

Why not ask DocRide over in the Vintage Bag Nightmares thread? She may have some ideas about how to clean the interior and generally recommends products that won't prevent H from accepting the bag for Spa service.

Thanks for the suggestion catsinthebag, you're right! I actually did get some kits from Docride for an alligator handbag and brought this Bolide up with her. She's absolutely wonderful to work with, I highly recommend her and her products.

Reactions: clutchbag
SGD 420 as of July 2017 for general cleaning and touching up corners. Just got my lindy back, THANK GOD miracle work was done. Imagine the horror of finding the whole back panel and strap - STAINED black from my new vest ( on a rainy humid day). I burnt the vest FYI.

Hi! Do you know if this price is fixed or depending on the bag condition / what you want to fix? Will they give a quote before you send the bag in? I just want to send it for maintenance cleaning. Thanks.

Hi ladies!
Do you know if Hermes spa repairs watches? I dropped my H watch while trying to adjust the belt on a pavement... and there are very noticeable scratches.
I brought it into a Hermes store and they were like 'please purchase a new one'...

Hi ladies!
Do you know if Hermes spa repairs watches? I dropped my H watch while trying to adjust the belt on a pavement... and there are very noticeable scratches.
I brought it into a Hermes store and they were like 'please purchase a new one'...

Hi i have a friend too, with the same visible scratches. What H told us is they cant do anything about it. Maybe they dont have a service like Rolex where in you can send your watch for polishing of metal parts.

Hi! Do you know if this price is fixed or depending on the bag condition / what you want to fix? Will they give a quote before you send the bag in? I just want to send it for maintenance cleaning. Thanks.
Hi!
Sent my bag in for cleaning this spring. Was given suggestions on what should be done to the bag after the craftsmen in France had evaluated the condition of the bag and a pricelist for the suggested repairs and cleaning. Was quoted 180 Euro for general cleaning and touch ups of the bag, which is a toile and leather Kelly. Was told they will not do enterior cleaning due to the fact that the interior leather is too delicate to withstand the chemicals used. They will however do repairs on the interior like restitching.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monaliceke
Hi!
Sent my bag in for cleaning this spring. Was given suggestions on what should be done to the bag after the craftsmen in France had evaluated the condition of the bag and a pricelist for the suggested repairs and cleaning. Was quoted 180 Euro for general cleaning and touch ups of the bag, which is a toile and leather Kelly. Was told they will not do enterior cleaning due to the fact that the interior leather is too delicate to withstand the chemicals used. They will however do repairs on the interior like restitching.

Thank you! I have a better idea of the process now :smile:

Hi!

How long will take for it to be ready for pick up?

Ok, so I was going to post before and after pictures of my Kelly today that has been to the spa. Picked her up from my local H boutique on Friday, after handing her over four months ago. One of the repairs I signed off on was ”stitching 2 top gussets”. The after sales lady said this was two stitches on the side of the bag, which I thought was strange but thought that she propably knew what she was talking about. When I take out the bag today, I realize that there are two stitches missing on the flap on top of the bag. AFTER repairs. :crybaby:

So this is what my Kelly looks like after coming back after four months. I have never even gotten back an unfinished repair from my local cobbler.

Taking her back to the boutique today. :crybaby:They did a good job with the cleaning and stitching the inside pocket, which however does not make up for the fact that all the repairs were not done.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 1,156
Last edited: