Scarves Hermès Scarf Identification

Thank you very much
-I agree I though the the Arbre coloriage too but the red side didn't seem quite right although could be folded away. The rest of that scarf looks a match.
I think the pattern is too spaced out in the blue and white scarf to be Mosaique au 24 which is why I thought it is possibly not Hermes. Hmmm difficult one!

Last edited:
View attachment 3672555
From an article in the telegraph where the scarf is stated to be Hetmes , yet it is not but this could be the mystery white and blue mosaic that is too blocky to be mosaique au 24

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/people/could-political-message-behind-theresa-mays-hermes-scarf/
marietouchet, one of the comments after the article gives a link to the purported origins of the scarf, a certain Megan Ferris: http://telegraph.digidip.net/visit?....com/product-page/portuguese-tiles-silk-scarf

Reactions: Holsby
marietouchet, one of the comments after the article gives a link to the purported origins of the scarf, a certain Megan Ferris: http://telegraph.digidip.net/visit?url=http://www.meganferris.com/product-page/portuguese-tiles-silk-scarf
Thanks I had not scrolled down so far since I had been distracted ..
I had been amazed the
View attachment 3672555
From an article in the telegraph where the scarf is stated to be Hetmes , yet it is not but this could be the mystery white and blue mosaic that is too blocky to be mosaique au 24

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/people/could-political-message-behind-theresa-mays-hermes-scarf/
Thanks for noticing the attribution to Megan Ferris, I was busy admiring Christine Lagarde ... and totally missed that
while trying to figure out the political message
And I was musing about the faux news aspect of the story - no political comment intended either way - but the writer was reading an awful lot into the Ferris design, and yes Megan deserves credit
PS if you do search for images of the PM wearing scarves, I note that many are not HS, lots of non HS mufflers a while ago, but recent photos -with her shorter hair - seem to all be HS

Last edited:
Reactions: ksuromax
Hello everyone! Advice would be appreciated. I think this is the best page to seek answers since there is something about my scarf bothering me (and I read in the guidelines I can post related questions to this forum). I have done my research about how Hermes makes their silk scarf and I understand the process of printing (silk screen) is quite intensive and hand-made. I bought a scarf from ebay 2 years ago (souvenirs d' asie) and had it authenticated here (prior to bidding) and received a thumbs up from marietouchet for which I am very thankful. Since each scarf of the same design are made individually, i was thinking if that were the case, is it possible each scarf is not identical 100% - like a little variation on the printing of color is natural -Kind of like the unevenness of the stitching on bags? i'm a little bothered by the unevenness of the color (see picture attached) like these white areas that did not receive any color. i'll try to describe it by example of a coloring book - coloring the drawing but missing out a few spots. I could be wrong and it could be part of the design?
when i try to look for other souvenirs d'asie scarves for sale on ebay, i don't see it in them but for other designs, i could see some smalls areas did miss out on some color (and some even have colors beyond the lines). i hope i was able to explain the concern and the picture shows it. i encircled the areas in red. advice anyone? thank you!

Attachments

• 18471300_10154570772251381_1535705280_n.jpg
    18471300_10154570772251381_1535705280_n.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 166
Hello everyone! Advice would be appreciated. I think this is the best page to seek answers since there is something about my scarf bothering me (and I read in the guidelines I can post related questions to this forum). I have done my research about how Hermes makes their silk scarf and I understand the process of printing (silk screen) is quite intensive and hand-made. I bought a scarf from ebay 2 years ago (souvenirs d' asie) and had it authenticated here (prior to bidding) and received a thumbs up from marietouchet for which I am very thankful. Since each scarf of the same design are made individually, i was thinking if that were the case, is it possible each scarf is not identical 100% - like a little variation on the printing of color is natural -Kind of like the unevenness of the stitching on bags? i'm a little bothered by the unevenness of the color (see picture attached) like these white areas that did not receive any color. i'll try to describe it by example of a coloring book - coloring the drawing but missing out a few spots. I could be wrong and it could be part of the design?
when i try to look for other souvenirs d'asie scarves for sale on ebay, i don't see it in them but for other designs, i could see some smalls areas did miss out on some color (and some even have colors beyond the lines). i hope i was able to explain the concern and the picture shows it. i encircled the areas in red. advice anyone? thank you!
I am having trouble seeing the issues in the photo - brighter zoom photo would be better - but these are spots where the ink missed ? Most ebay photos of Souvenirs would be lacking for determining such details, you would need to have the silk in hand
There is a difference between older which is about 30 years old) and modern scarves (ca 2017)
Yes, there have always been imperfections in Hermes scarves, printing errors like these are less common today (it happens), but people routinely report bad hems and slubs in the fabric
Hermes has done a masterful job of marketing, they talk of their artisans doing hand made one of a kind goods - the subtext is that each article is different and imperfections are marketed as proof of handmade work-of-art products.
The idea that Hermes tolerates no defects is a modern one - and this is an older scarf, so, all bets are off, Some modern (ca 2008) Hermes documentation, talks of letting NO defects out, but we all know that bad hems happen even today ... rare but .. defects none the less
It is very common that people try to apply modern tenets (good printing, all scarves have copyrights etc) to the oldies but Hermes manufacturing quality has changed a lot over the years and the modern marketing tenets (good printing) dont work 100 percent for the oldies