Hermes Riding Boots

I am a sucker for riding boots! Have all sorts of them back home where the weather allows to wear them. I saw these in my Hermes on sands on display but didn't even bother to ask about them - damn hot weather :sweatdrop:

me too, I have skinny calves.

they are sold out in my size in the USA so we are seeing what we can do.

Drat! Wish I had skinny calves....those boots are gorgeous!! :sad:

GG, try some of the franchise stores...I don't believe that they are linked by computer to the other H boutiques. KOP and I believe one of the boutiques on Long Island is a franchise...Manhasset maybe?

KOP (610) 992-9730
Manhasset (516) 869-6660

Those boots will look killer on you!! Them and a taser....now that's HOT! :devil:

Good luck, let us know how you make out!

Preppycowgirl, my calves are by no means skinny, and I can wear them.
In fact, my SA told me that a few people passed on these boots because their calves were too skinny for them.

Preppycowgirl, my calves are by no means skinny, and I can wear them.
In fact, my SA told me that a few people passed on these boots because their calves were too skinny for them.

really? i thought they looked really narrow in the store :shame:

it would be really helpful if you could tell me what the calf measurement is :graucho:

I just measured the outside at what looked to be the widest part, and it's almost 14 inches around. (This may be a little misleading since the leather is thick and stiff and it doesn't mold to your legs the way, say, Jimmy Choo high heeled boots do. So the circumference inside must be quite a bit smaller.) I've had these boots and worn them quite a bit since early October, so I am sure they have stretched. I don't wear thick things with them, only leggings, tights or very skinny jeans. I agree that they look narrow because they don't taper in a lot at the ankles the way more form-fitting boots do.
The only way to know for sure is to try them on with different things you want to wear with them and decide if you are comfortable.
My SA said that Hermes would stretch them for me if I want, but I decided to wait and see if I can stretch them myself just by wearing them around. I found one side to be a tiny bit difficult to take off myself, but it is improving each time I wear them.

If you can wear boots that measure almost 14 inches at the widest part with jeans tucked in then I'd say you've got pretty skinny calves, Tamarind :lol: I'm super jealous!

no luck either privately own store.

KOP had them before Christmas...and they are sending me pics of a boot they have in size 38...but I am a 38.5 or 39 in Manolo.....

and Mann. doesn't have anything.

boo. I really hope my SA can find them in a global search...bet not though...or do an order for me. no fun.

might have to explore other styles.

I really have quite a bit of calf muscles (a lot of ballet when I was a little girl, and genetics I guess), and I can't wear them with "regular" jeans, only the really thin kind...
GG, there is another style of riding boots that I don't remember the name off the top of my head right now, with a similar strap but regular buckles instead of Kelly turnlock. I saw them in croc at the same time. The heel is a little difrferent but they are still pretty similar looking. I think the prices are similar in normal leather. If you heart is set on the Jumping boots, see if your SA can be on a lookout for you for the next season. I think Hermes will make them again. I saw someone who wore the exact same boots from a year ago.

I know I would sure LOVE to own a pair! Anyone have any pics? That would be lovely.

Here you go

scan3.jpg

It's good to know that H will stretch them though, I don't there would be any point for me to even attempt trying them on before that :lol:

If you can wear boots that measure almost 14 inches at the widest part with jeans tucked in then I'd say you've got pretty skinny calves, Tamarind :lol: I'm super jealous!

:roflmfao: if i could wear boots that were under 14" i definitely wouldn't be saying i had thick calves, that's for sure! i'd end up having them scrunched up between mid-calf and my ankle :Push: