Hermes Repair/Refurbish policy - Official Spa Thread

I took my bag to Jersey H boutique months ago for a refurbishment.

I asked to remove the mold the entire bag.

When I got the bag back, I did not realize that the bag still had mold on the bag because the store lighting is dark and did not see it.

I just left the bag in the closet and after few weeks, I realized that they only cleaned the front and back NOT the FLAP of the kelly bag. There is still MOLD.

So I went back and asked to re do it.....

So....after few months passed I just got a call and that the bag is in Paris and that I would need to pay extra $400's dollars to clean JUST the FLAP.

I was so annoyed and they told me that they would take out the first payment SPA for the bag.

My question is do I need to pay for the second time SPA payment?
Because I paid for entire mold removal SPA and they did not do their job right......the first time. And now they are asking for the second time SPA payment. Is this right????:confused1:

When I got the bag back, I did not realize that the bag still had mold on the bag because the store lighting is dark and did not see it.

I just left the bag in the closet and after few weeks, I realized that they only cleaned the front and back NOT the FLAP of the kelly bag. There is still MOLD.

So....after few months passed I just got a call and that the bag is in Paris and that I would need to pay extra $400's dollars to clean JUST the FLAP.

I was so annoyed and they told me that they would take out the first payment SPA for the bag.

Because I paid for entire mold removal SPA and they did not do their job right......the first time. And now they are asking for the second time SPA payment. Is this right????:confused1:

Can anyone help??:sad:

Yea i agree! totally dislike hkg Hermes staff. quite cocky and arrogant. they shouldnt treat customers that way. I have a pleasant experience s in Paris, Koln, London and Singapore store Liat Towers and MBS (Takashimaya store was bad!)

Anyway I may be able to understand why Hermes HKg is so strict with the origin of the bag. There are so many shops on the streets selling 2nd hand to 3rd party H bags. But not being able to pronounce and tell the leather of the bag is just so not professional.

well, it's clear you don't want to pay for the second cleaning. but it sounds like "cleaning the flap" requires something more involved else they would not send it to paris. i think the best thing is to find out what exactly is to be done with your kelly and then decide whether it is worth the money. i always treat any price quoted to me for spa as an estimate: very often the price is less and sometimes it's more.

i think it's wrong of Hermes to return the bag to you without saying that the flap was not cleaned (did you note the parts that needed to be cleaned?). they could have said: we cleaned the front and back of mold but the flap needs a service we are not able to provide and must be sent to paris which will cost an extra $400.

good luck.

well, it's clear you don't want to pay for the second cleaning. but it sounds like "cleaning the flap" requires something more involved else they would not send it to paris. i think the best thing is to find out what exactly is to be done with your kelly and then decide whether it is worth the money. i always treat any price quoted to me for spa as an estimate: very often the price is less and sometimes it's more.

i think it's wrong of Hermes to return the bag to you without saying that the flap was not cleaned (did you note the parts that needed to be cleaned?). they could have said: we cleaned the front and back of mold but the flap needs a service we are not able to provide and must be sent to paris which will cost an extra $400.

good luck.

Hi no they did not tell me about the flap that was not cleaned the first spa.

I found out weeks later and that's what makes me mad because they didn't tell me about it. I did mention that the mold needs to be cleaned throughout the whole bag...
And now they are charging me extra for the flap to clean.

Hello everyone, my girlfriend has offered me a 16 year old Birkin (my first) at a decent price but it is in a rather sad condition: rubbings at the side trimmings, darken handles, there is a slight color fading on the back of it. The insides are ok and HW are still nice and shiny though. She said I can bring in to any Hermes Singapore store to get a spa treatment done for under $1K and it'll be as good as new. I've never done this before and wonder if it is true?

Hello Ladies,
I have been following thread and I couldn't help but notice that only kelly's and birkin's my question is what is the repair policy for a hermes herbag??? I have a pretty old one, and could they actually do something since 80% of the bag is just canvas?? Please and thank you.

Hi I have a question about repairs on the handle of a Kelly.
The Kelly in question is a much older bag and the handle has been replaced by someone other then Hermes, can it be brought to the Spa for cleaning?
I have looked on the forum for the answer and have not found a clear response specifically about handles.
Sorry if I have missed something but would really like to have an answer for peace of mind....-;)
Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
I doubt that Hermes will work on a bag that has been worked on by someone other than Hermes. Best to call a boutique with a craftsman and speak to the craftsman.

hildaloe said:
Hello everyone, my girlfriend has offered me a 16 year old Birkin (my first) at a decent price but it is in a rather sad condition: rubbings at the side trimmings, darken handles, there is a slight color fading on the back of it. The insides are ok and HW are still nice and shiny though. She said I can bring in to any Hermes Singapore store to get a spa treatment done for under $1K and it'll be as good as new. I've never done this before and wonder if it is true?

Won't be as good as brand new but will certainly look improved vs current state. Hermes does not touch the insides. The wait however is quite long, best to check with the store how long it will be.

I doubt that Hermes will work on a bag that has been worked on by someone other than Hermes. Best to call a boutique with a craftsman and speak to the craftsman.

Hi India
Thank you for the reply. I was also thinking that they more then likely would not work on the bag but I will give them a call. It does not hurt to ask the craftsperson since they would know best...;)

I have a question, does Hermes spa do small leather goods? I recently purchased a key fob that is missing a key hook, it is in pretty beat up condition too, but the price was decnt so I bought it anyway. I was going to try and clean it up myself, but I am just wondering if others have any experience with the Hermes spa and small leather goods? Experiences? Prices??

I have a question, does Hermes spa do small leather goods? I recently purchased a key fob that is missing a key hook, it is in pretty beat up condition too, but the price was decnt so I bought it anyway. I was going to try and clean it up myself, but I am just wondering if others have any experience with the Hermes spa and small leather goods? Experiences? Prices??

I know they buffed a dogon for me. I would ask.