Hermes Repair/Refurbish policy - Official Spa Thread

So I finally bought myself the Hermes Collier de Chien bracelet and last night- somewhere between Madonna's amazing half-time show and my 9 layer dip recipe- my bracelet got scratched! I only bought it for myself a few months ago and I am more upset than you can imagine!!

Someone's nail must have scratched it at some point... it looks as though the leather has been slightly raised, creating a sort of ripple effect... I spoke with the SA this morning and they told me they could send it out to Paris for repair but that there may be a charge and it could take up to 6 months...

I'm not concerned about the time but does anyone know what kind of cost this could incur? And if they would be able to fix it at all?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! THANKS :sad:

Hello,
Will Hermes repair a bag that is authentic but has had work done to it? I purchased a vintage trim bag and at the bend in the strap there is a significant crack/break. Unfortunately it looks as thought the shoulder strap has been restitched at some point.I am wondering if that will be a deal breaker???? Thanks in advance.

Hello,
Will Hermes repair a bag that is authentic but has had work done to it? I purchased a vintage trim bag and at the bend in the strap there is a significant crack/break. Unfortunately it looks as thought the shoulder strap has been restitched at some point.I am wondering if that will be a deal breaker???? Thanks in advance.

It is my understanding that Hermes will not work on a bag that has had repair from an other than Hermes source, but it is worth asking as they might be able to replace the strap as the body of the bag hasn't been worked on. If it was me, I would definitely ask them, if they say no then at least you know!

I would like to join.. My mothers Orange gold swift Birkin is at the Hermes Spa in Paris.. It has been gone for 11 weeks already. It had some dirt on front and the levers turned brown, the hardware was scratched.. also the corners were à little off shade. When we get the Birkin back, i'll keep u posted on the condition and the costs..

hi, I was wondering what Hermes' policy is regarding fixing the metal or hardware, in case something falls off. for example, I went to Gucci to try to get the canvas repaired, but they said that it wouldn't be fixed, since it's a problem that would be classified as wear/tear, and they wouldn't fix it. hardware and leather, on the other hand, is a different story. what i want to know is what hermes is willing to fix/repair on a particular item. thanks.

9tina9 said:
hi, I was wondering what Hermes' policy is regarding fixing the metal or hardware, in case something falls off. for example, I went to Gucci to try to get the canvas repaired, but they said that it wouldn't be fixed, since it's a problem that would be classified as wear/tear, and they wouldn't fix it. hardware and leather, on the other hand, is a different story. what i want to know is what hermes is willing to fix/repair on a particular item. thanks.

H won't "repair" hardware that is scratched or oxidized or has missing parts like the turn knob in the front of a B or K or a chip to the plastic behind the H closure of a Constance. Your option is to replace the hardware entirely which can sometimes be quite costly. If you decide to replace hardware, you may want to wait until something falls off, breaks or is stripped from the turnkey, as opposed to gets tarnished, scratched or oxidized.

Also, H does not clean or repair the inside of bags.

H won't "repair" hardware that is scratched or oxidized or has missing parts like the turn knob in the front of a B or K or a chip to the plastic behind the H closure of a Constance. Your option is to replace the hardware entirely which can sometimes be quite costly. If you decide to replace hardware, you may want to wait until something falls off, breaks or is stripped from the turnkey, as opposed to gets tarnished, scratched or oxidized.

Also, H does not clean or repair the inside of bags.

thanks so much for the assistance. although i'm not in the kelly or birkin range yet, i'm hoping that someday i will be so that i can post regarding those types of topics.

I have changed the hardware on a number of bags. It is not expensive and gives a real facelift to an older bag.

When it comes to VERY rubbed corners on a togo kelly is there anything to be done at a spa? The bag could use a good cleaning too, but the corners are the worst offense. I'm trying to decide if it's worth the hour drive to the nearest store.

Thanks in advance to all who respond.

aerinha said:
When it comes to VERY rubbed corners on a togo kelly is there anything to be done at a spa? The bag could use a good cleaning too, but the corners are the worst offense. I'm trying to decide if it's worth the hour drive to the nearest store.

Thanks in advance to all who respond.

Yes, as long as the leather isn't structurally damaged. They will fix color loss so that it looks virtually brand new. If you send it to the spa, do the cleaning, conditioning, and corners, as well as any other repairs the bag needs, at the same time.

Yes, as long as the leather isn't structurally damaged. They will fix color loss so that it looks virtually brand new. If you send it to the spa, do the cleaning, conditioning, and corners, as well as any other repairs the bag needs, at the same time.

Thanks so much. Things to do on summer vacation :smile:

Can scuffed corners of Birkin be easily fixed? What about pen mark?

Some scuffs can easily be fixed yes depending on how deep the scuff is etc, but unless the leather is scuffed through to make a hole, Hermes can usually fix it up to make the scuff far less noticeable, to you not knowing it was ever there. Pen mark depends, normally speed is of the essence and even then it might not come out sadly. Take the bag to Hermes for further advice. I wouldn't try to fix that yourself.

Aerinha, yes, Togo scuffs can normally be dealt with too depending on how deep the scuff goes, Hermes will be able to advise further.