Hermes Repair/Refurbish policy - Official Spa Thread

Audreylita, in having hardware replaced, have you ever done this on a Trim?

I'm wondering approximately how much it might cost to have the buckle, front d-rings and clip/clasp replaced on a Trim I (no zipper). Ballpark figure--$200? $500?

Hi all!
I have a question on an old Massai (1999)
Corners show wear and was wondering if H. could fix the problem and how much do you think it could approximately cost.

Also I wanted to know, since I bought the bag without the longer strap, if you think that ordering it would be expensive as a Kelly strap. I don't think so, as there is no hardware and it's shorter, but it could just be my idea.
TIA!:smile:

Hi ladies, I am gong to NY next month and will bring my bags with me for spa treatment. Can canyone tell me which Hermes store is Claude working?

I will be there in one week only, and need to replace my birkin's HW. i read somewhere on here that I can bring the bag to store and get it at the same day if I only change HW? the bag can be replaced the HW just within 15m by Claude. Is it true?

Claude is at the Madison Ave shop in NYC. Other than having initials stamped on a bag, NOTHING is done in one day. I also think I remember reading that Hermes will not change hardware on a bag. I would call Claude and speak to him about what you want done. When I have had a bag at the spa, it took about 6-8 weeks to get it back.

The Hermes stores in Asia particularly in Hk is quite strict (I prefer to use the word mean). I once asked a SA if I can bring back a vintage Hermes bag for refurbishment and the SA told me " We will not accept any unknown bags not bought from our store for refurbishment. I will also email all stores not to accept it. "

Even if it is an authentic vintage piece? What if I inherit it?

Please note that I am a regular and this is how she answered. I do not like her attitude because I find it rude but how unfortunate she is my SA from day one !:sad:

OMG Seriously???!???!?! I really dislike (I want to use the word HATE!) Hermes SA in Hong Kong. They are not helpful 99.9999% of the time, worst thing is 99% of the SA DON'T even pronounce the brand correctly and all they do is just sit around and say NO to customers for every single items you ask if they have in stock or just say "Everything we have is up on display!"

And they even told me the wrong leather name when I bring my Kelly in. And for me, they said I need receipt to for the Kelly, he said they must be able to trace back the specific transaction in order for them to know what kind of leather, blah blah blah, which I think is all bull crap, I really don't believe that Hermes don't know what type of leather my Kelly is :mad:

Hi all!
I have a question on an old Massai (1999)
Corners show wear and was wondering if H. could fix the problem and how much do you think it could approximately cost.

Also I wanted to know, since I bought the bag without the longer strap, if you think that ordering it would be expensive as a Kelly strap. I don't think so, as there is no hardware and it's shorter, but it could just be my idea.
TIA!:smile:
Hi Babi,
Why don't you try this first I used baby wipe cleaned it came out perfect,that it I read from some member tpf,I forgot the name

Crap indeed for giving u poor service n load of nonsense excuses as far as I know hkg dun have even a permanent craft person in charge,tis info was given by my h friend in hkg,now I wonder??? Yet to confirm

Claude is at the Madison Ave shop in NYC. Other than having initials stamped on a bag, NOTHING is done in one day. I also think I remember reading that Hermes will not change hardware on a bag. I would call Claude and speak to him about what you want done. When I have had a bag at the spa, it took about 6-8 weeks to get it back.
I read that they do exchange the hardware but just PHW to new PHW and GHW to new GHW. However please don't ask where I read it. It was on purseblog and it seemed to Be quite fast As far As I remember.

Hi Babi,
Why don't you try this first I used baby wipe cleaned it came out perfect,that it I read from some member tpf,I forgot the name

I read about it a few days ago, thank you!:tup:
In fact today I tried to go to the mall to get them, but the huge crowd I found made me get away. Next time I'll be lucky and try the baby wipes effect (I'm really curious to see)

I read about it a few days ago, thank you!:tup:
In fact today I tried to go to the mall to get them, but the huge crowd I found made me get away. Next time I'll be lucky and try the baby wipes effect (I'm really curious to see)

I will let Yodailing pos it I email to show her,spry I don't know how to post,but if you pm me your email I will sent to you

OMG Seriously???!???!?! I really dislike (I want to use the word HATE!) Hermes SA in Hong Kong. They are not helpful 99.9999% of the time, worst thing is 99% of the SA DON'T even pronounce the brand correctly and all they do is just sit around and say NO to customers for every single items you ask if they have in stock or just say "Everything we have is up on display!"

And they even told me the wrong leather name when I bring my Kelly in. And for me, they said I need receipt to for the Kelly, he said they must be able to trace back the specific transaction in order for them to know what kind of leather, blah blah blah, which I think is all bull crap, I really don't believe that Hermes don't know what type of leather my Kelly is :mad:

Oh emmaemmaemmaemmaemma!! You are making me laugh even though I am sorry they are such turds in HK! I can't imagine! So sorry!

hmm, has anyone had the H closure/clasp on the Constance bags replaced and any idea how much that was--particularly for a 23 Constance?

and what can be done at Hermes spa for alligator/crocodile bags...like if the shiny alligator loses its sheen can it be "re-glazed" etc or if there are scratches/scuffs/wear on the alligator/crocodile skins...how much can Hermes spa do to renew it?

thanks!!

Hi ladies, fyi on the estimated time for leather spa, I just brought my Kelly in last Friday for polishing (nothing major). Claude said it would now take 10-12 weeks to get it back - he even said it was the longest service wait time he'd seen all these years!

Wow!! I find all this really appalling!! Mind you though, in Singapore where I live, some SA's do not know the colours and leathers either. I think it's either Hermes' lack of training of their sales force or the SAs' lack of experience or both (probably both).

When I first got my B30 Rouge Vif in Gulliver, I brought it in to 2 different H boutiques and not one of the SA's I spoke to at the time knew what colour and leather the bag was. On my third attempt at one of those H boutiques, a more experienced SA correctly identified it as Gulliver (which is different from Swift - which is what the other two were guessing it must have been but they weren't sure), but she thought it was Bougainvillea initially until I told here it was actually Rouge Vif.

Another time, I brought my Kelly 32cm in Fauve Tadelakt into yet a different Hermes boutique, the first SA who approached me couldn't tell it was Fauve Tadelakt. I then said I'd wait for the other lady whom I knew was more experienced, as I had seen her many times before (turned out she'd been working in H for 19 years!!). She correctly identified both the colour and leather and took out a sample for me to see. She explained that the colour tends to darken over time, as the sample is a bit lighter. She also showed me samples for Barenia Natural and Noisette and they were clearly different from mine.

Last edited: