Hermes Repair/Refurbish policy - Official Spa Thread

Purchased a Hermes Bearn Compact Wallet in Black Mysore. After using it about two weeks, the internal pocket containing the Hermes indentation tore on both ends :sad: ... kinda like an alligator tear. Tear is about 1/16 inch long.

Was very careful in not placing too many cards in the pockets so was surprised and very disappointed with the tear.

So brought it to a local Hermes store and off it went to New York. 6 months was the projected time frame for the repair. Called about 4 months later to check. They said it is going to take another 6 months due to employees taking summer vacation. After about a week, got a called from the SA. This time he said it is going to be sent to Paris for the repair since it cannot be done in New York. Time frame - 1 to 2 years. (???) I was about to rip my (or my SA's) hair out.

Is this normal? HELP!!!!

I can't look at the tear everyday, so not sending it for repair is not an option.

Hi!

I hope this is okay--I was looking at this Constance in black box, I've never had box leather before but I do know that being smooth it will get/show scratches much easily vs togo

Here are a couple pics of the bag I am looking at with the scratches (looks like normal finger/handling scratches on the leather) doesnt seem to be any actual cuts in the leather or leather peeling off etc...

5987199132_ed71dcf308_b.jpg

2412042_DSC06956.jpg

2412040_DSC06951.jpg

Would Hermes spa be able to do anything that removes all the finger scratches on box leather?

And how about hardware surface area scratches?

BTW--any idea how much it may cost to do all this at Hermes?

Thanks!!!

^
I have a black box kelly but it has never been to the spa since its still immaculate. However, my Togo birkin has gone to H spa/cleaning, there was no scratches on the leather but the hairline scratches on the hardware remained. The SA said I could have the hardware replaced for additional USD500 if I wanted the HW to look new but she didn't think it was necessary since the scratches were very little anyway. General cleaning costs about USD250.

H craftperson does not re-dye the bag, colored polish may be applied to box leather to improve the general condition. However, leather polish is not permanent and may rub off eventually. Box leather has greather success to be re-stored but honestly I doubt it will look new again. Also, H will not touch the interior of all bags. Hence the scratches in the interior will definitely remain.

Ladies.....can anyone please advise? I was given a lovely Birkin bag from a friend...she had purchased the bag out of spite when her husband decided to divorce her, never actually carried it because she decided it was too large for her. I've had the bag for about 4 years now, and have carried it the past two fall/winter seasons. I noticed that two of the metal "feet are missing" and that my overlarge wallet has torn the interior pocket lining just a bit. I am clueless as to where I should send or take the bag for repair. I treasure my Birkin, and want to make sure I do everything right. I live in Kansas City. Any suggestions?

Hi ladies, can any of you tell me a little about Hermes Repair/Refurbish policy? Can you send any Hermes bag back to them and will they clean it up (for a price?)? I have the chance to buy a vintage Hermes bag from a friend but the bag is in SUCH sad condition, really beaten up. I like a bit of a vintage look but not a trashed bag :blink: I'd be willing to take a chance on it if Hermes will clean it up for me - I don't know a leather shop around here I could trust with it!

thank you!

I also purchased a 20 year old Kelly 32 in vache liegee leather last June. It was in very sad condition. It was so dirty inside and out that I didn't
Even want to touch it. However, the stitching was intact and I thought with a little cleaning, might turn out ok. Anyway, I took the bag to the Hermes in South coast plaza for spa treatment. I received a call 6 months later saying that the Beverly Hills shop cannot do the repairs on the bag so they have to send it to Paris for a repair and refurbish for a whopping $1400. I said okay and it came back 3 weeks ago. The outside of the bag looked much much better and they replaced three hardwares on the bag that were tarnished. Only caveat is Hermes does not clean the inside of a bag. When I got mine back, the huge ink (marker) stain was still there as well as a huge stain of caked in nail polish. I was dismayed. I took a chance and contacted Margaret's Cleaners in San Diego and they assured me that they work on all types of designer bags including Hermes. I figured it didn't matter how much I was willing to pay Hermes - they still wouldn't clean the inside of my bag. Valentina from Margarets called me after they received my bag and she said they will have to refinish the bottom of the bag after they try to remove the stain and nail polish. I just got the bag back 3 days ago and it was perfect!!! They did a stupendous job. There is a very minor shallow indentation where the nailpolish was but overall it's great! They only charged me $186.00. I recommend that it your bag does not require hardware or leather replacement, send it to Margaret's for cleaning because they are awesome. However, if your bag requires repair and refurbish then you have to send it to Hermes because only they have the original parts. Of course you have to wait a long time and pay top $$$.

Reactions: BagsbunnyNYC
Ladies.....can anyone please advise? I was given a lovely Birkin bag from a friend...she had purchased the bag out of spite when her husband decided to divorce her, never actually carried it because she decided it was too large for her. I've had the bag for about 4 years now, and have carried it the past two fall/winter seasons. I noticed that two of the metal "feet are missing" and that my overlarge wallet has torn the interior pocket lining just a bit. I am clueless as to where I should send or take the bag for repair. I treasure my Birkin, and want to make sure I do everything right. I live in Kansas City. Any suggestions?

Hi Bella and welcome to TPF.

I would find out where your nearest Hermes store is and if they have an in house artisan, they will be able to give you instructions on getting the bag to them for service. Be very specific what you want done, they should also be able to give you an estimate for the cost. Some repairs go to the NY store or in some cases the bags go to Paris depending on what is needed, so it might take a while before you see your bag again but it will be worth the wait.

I hope this helps.

I also purchased a 20 year old Kelly 32 in vache liegee leather last June. It was in very sad condition. It was so dirty inside and out that I didn't
Even want to touch it. However, the stitching was intact and I thought with a little cleaning, might turn out ok. Anyway, I took the bag to the Hermes in South coast plaza for spa treatment. I received a call 6 months later saying that the Beverly Hills shop cannot do the repairs on the bag so they have to send it to Paris for a repair and refurbish for a whopping $1400. I said okay and it came back 3 weeks ago. The outside of the bag looked much much better and they replaced three hardwares on the bag that were tarnished. Only caveat is Hermes does not clean the inside of a bag. When I got mine back, the huge ink (marker) stain was still there as well as a huge stain of caked in nail polish. I was dismayed. I took a chance and contacted Margaret's Cleaners in San Diego and they assured me that they work on all types of designer bags including Hermes. I figured it didn't matter how much I was willing to pay Hermes - they still wouldn't clean the inside of my bag. Valentina from Margarets called me after they received my bag and she said they will have to refinish the bottom of the bag after they try to remove the stain and nail polish. I just got the bag back 3 days ago and it was perfect!!! They did a stupendous job. There is a very minor shallow indentation where the nailpolish was but overall it's great! They only charged me $186.00. I recommend that it your bag does not require hardware or leather replacement, send it to Margaret's for cleaning because they are awesome. However, if your bag requires repair and refurbish then you have to send it to Hermes because only they have the original parts. Of course you have to wait a long time and pay top $$$.

Mthona, welcome to tPF.

If you bring your Hermes bags to anybody but Hermes spa, you take the risk that they will never accept your bags again to their Spa.

Maybe this is not the case, but I think it's good to know:smile:

Hi! I have a problem. I have Hermes Herbag. The end part of the tube was lost. Now, I'm so depressed. What will I do? Does anyone know where to get just the end part? I tried calling the store here in Philippines and they told me, it costs USD300 and will took 3 mos. Soooo sad and depressing....

Hi! I have a problem. I have Hermes Herbag. The end part of the tube was lost. Now, I'm so depressed. What will I do? Does anyone know where to get just the end part? I tried calling the store here in Philippines and they told me, it costs USD300 and will took 3 mos. Soooo sad and depressing....

I'm afraid the only thing you can do is order the missing part. The good thing is you still can order it. :sad:http://forum.purseblog.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=20009084#

You should bring the bag into an Hermes boutique for spa treatment. I have never lost feet or had anything tear inside a bag. I personally would question the authenticity of the bag but a craftsperson would definitively tell you if it's authentic or thus repairable.

Hi!

I hope this is okay--I was looking at this Constance in black box, I've never had box leather before but I do know that being smooth it will get/show scratches much easily vs togo

Here are a couple pics of the bag I am looking at with the scratches (looks like normal finger/handling scratches on the leather) doesnt seem to be any actual cuts in the leather or leather peeling off etc...

5987199132_ed71dcf308_b.jpg

2412042_DSC06956.jpg

2412040_DSC06951.jpg

Would Hermes spa be able to do anything that removes all the finger scratches on box leather?

And how about hardware surface area scratches?

BTW--any idea how much it may cost to do all this at Hermes?

Thanks!!!

Spa treatment will soften the look of the scratches but the damage can't be corrected.

Had a horrible experience with the Beverly Hills store. Called for Birkin spa and they quoted me $400 without even seeing my bag - is this to discourage fakes or people trying to ID them? Anyway...brought a Birk in, was told 6-8 weeks (was also told it was a 40 when it's a 35), got it back in two : all they had done was touch up corner scuffs with what seems to be shoe polish :roflmfao: although they DID only charge $175. The polish wore off in one week.

SEND TO CLAUDE IN NY ALWAYS :girlsigh:

On box calf...trust me..it's hard to impossible to get real scratches out...you have to love the bag a bit as is.

And no, H spa won't touch the inside. I have a mark from a wayward eyeliner pencil that I might go to that cleaner mentioned for.....