Hermes Repair/Refurbish policy - Official Spa Thread

Treatment could mean anything from application of leather protectant to restoration type work. Hermes will not work on an item if it has had other treatment work done on it. There is chance it might have been done by them or might not be picked up if you ever brought it into spa, but for me personally I would pass. Not worth the risk. There is always another bag to buy.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
Anyone ever have Bolide's zip replace by Hermes spa ?
Yes, about 2018 or 2019 - in Paris - it cost a little over 500 euros for a Bolide 35 GHW
and sewing the inside pocket was about 150.00 euros, in case anyone ever wanted to do that.
It's probably quite a complicated procedure, especially with such a long zip and inside bag on shape-retaining Ardennes leather. Unfortunately, in the process, the entire inside of the bag was scratched with quite noticeable scratches and the new zip was slightly crooked/bent.

As a workhorse for me, I had refrained from making drama. I might have reacted differently with a Kelly or B.
I was able to straighten the zip by stuffing the bag.

Anyone had experience ordering a strap for a vache liegee kelly post the leather discontinuation? My strap is on its last legs.

The store in Melbourne CBD said they don’t do that and that’s despite me holding the old official faded receipt and a recent receipt transcript from an overseas Hermes boutique with contact details to prove it is not a counterfeit.

In fact, they didn’t even bother to ask me about my strap’s condition too.

Hi PB! I need some advice. I brought a Kelly 40 retourne gold with gold hardware veau leather. I sent to Hermes for spa but unfortunately they found that a third party had tried to fix the gusset with some stitching (really not noticeable). I’ve told the reseller and they’re happy to take it back. I paid 4K£ for it as it’s a fair condition used bag and debating if I should return it or keep because it’s such a beautiful workhorse bag and I could send to Leather Surgeon since Hermes spa won’t take it. What do you think??

6C957F3B-8A35-4B7B-8527-FB5C9054DEE4.jpeg

D4CEE492-DECB-460F-9A26-22FB0202CAC5.jpeg

A3C2056E-D939-407F-8997-F4FB30D66B1E.jpeg

88E62003-E45F-458B-AAEC-0592AD0F1E9C.jpeg

0573DCBA-4C0E-4592-85EE-60158781A3B4.jpeg

The Hermes stores in Asia particularly in Hk is quite strict (I prefer to use the word mean). I once asked a SA if I can bring back a vintage Hermes bag for refurbishment and the SA told me " We will not accept any unknown bags not bought from our store for refurbishment. I will also email all stores not to accept it. "

Even if it is an authentic vintage piece? What if I inherit it?

Please note that I am a regular and this is how she answered. I do not like her attitude because I find it rude but how unfortunate she is my SA from day one !:sad:
Send it to the NYC store. They won't do this sort of thing. There's also an amazing handbag clinic in London that does amazing refurbishments of leather designer goods and they'll even change the color for you if you like!

Hi PB! I need some advice. I brought a Kelly 40 retourne gold with gold hardware veau leather. I sent to Hermes for spa but unfortunately they found that a third party had tried to fix the gusset with some stitching (really not noticeable). I’ve told the reseller and they’re happy to take it back. I paid 4K£ for it as it’s a fair condition used bag and debating if I should return it or keep because it’s such a beautiful workhorse bag and I could send to Leather Surgeon since Hermes spa won’t take it. What do you think??

View attachment 5621626

View attachment 5621627

View attachment 5621628

View attachment 5621629

View attachment 5621630

Totally keep this!!! You can get a good repair done on this. I'll look for the name of the London place if you like. Or you can send it to leather spa.

View attachment 5621626

View attachment 5621627

View attachment 5621628

View attachment 5621629

View attachment 5621630

This company is SOOOOO nice. Email them your pics and ask for a quote for refurbishment and repair of the stitching. They can do wonders. xoxo HC good luck!

The Hermes stores in Asia particularly in Hk is quite strict (I prefer to use the word mean). I once asked a SA if I can bring back a vintage Hermes bag for refurbishment and the SA told me " We will not accept any unknown bags not bought from our store for refurbishment. I will also email all stores not to accept it. "

Even if it is an authentic vintage piece? What if I inherit it?

Please note that I am a regular and this is how she answered. I do not like her attitude because I find it rude but how unfortunate she is my SA from day one !:sad:

Actually, what I did was email the Hermes Client Services in Australia for my case re: a discontinued leather Vache Liege strap, and I even have a receipt transcript from the willing Hermes boutique overseas to attest that it was purchased from them.

Store SA was helpless (nice girl and the other SA admired the old bag when I brought it in), because the manager said no.

Client Services contacted the Paris headquarters to come up with a solution for my bag BECAUSE all authentic bags , if not touched by other leather repairers, qualify for their bag spa.

If Paris overrules the local store, the local store will have to accept the order from me to make a new strap. Client Services will liaise on my behalf and arrange - that is if everything is approved. That may make me unpopular with the local store but I didn’t drop a lot of Gs on a bag for nothing.

If you know the history of the bag, by all means, contact Client Services. Caveat if you buy it preloved - some vintage bags may have been refurbished by others, and Hermes in Paris (not your local store) can reject a previously refurbished bag after inspection by the craftsman. That’s what I am told.

Hope it helps.